Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fahkir Brown??

Return To Glory is offline Registered User

Fahkir Brown??

I think he played great tonight, He had a sack for a safety, and Rice had 3 sacks tonight, I think overall we played great allowing only 40 rushing yards, and the rams gaining 201 on the ground, I think this is a sign of things to come.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Fahkir Brown??

fahkir brown sure didnt look great on the first drive when manning was in the game and he got beat twice. We looked terrific after manning left, but that is so misleading its ridiculous. We might have given up 40 points if he stayed in. Lets not get too excited about doing well against the backups.

Also note that they were missing five starters on defense and our #1's in two possessions got one field goal. Stalling in the red zone again, too early of course to get upset, but that is NOT what we need.

We tried to win the game. the colts really didnt. we blitzed all night long.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

eldfan is offline Registered User

Man it's hard to judge preseason games but I would like to think that Haslett would have made some adjustments and our first unit would have done better as the game went on.
    :ramlogo:

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I think the fact that the Colts went for a trick play (onside kick) to begin the game, showed that they wanted to win this game as well. The announcers can blame the missing Colts defensive players for this decision, but the onside kick is an aggressive move tailored towards WINNING this game.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I do think Indy wanted to win to both teams were playing there third teams and the rams were playing qb#4.
    :ramlogo:

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I think Fakhir Brown did exceptionally well after that First Drive. I mean he didn't do great but after he got beat that first time he made it a case that he wouldn't again.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Brown looked fine to me. The deep pass to Wayne was obviously a goof, but he didn't have good safety help either so it was a miscue on multiple fronts. Otherwise I thought he defended Wayne fairly well on that first drive.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MadForPlaid is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Brown looked fine to me. The deep pass to Wayne was obviously a goof, but he didn't have good safety help either so it was a miscue on multiple fronts. Otherwise I thought he defended Wayne fairly well on that first drive.
    Cool, it is great to hear that Brown is looking good. Fantastic!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Regarding that deep pass that was completed to Wayne, and I believe HUb has touched on this, the more I hear about it the more it sounds like Brown stuck with the short zone coverage. Which would have made defending Brown's deeper route Atogwe's responsibility. So if that's the case, I'm not sure Brown made any mistakes against Indy's first unit.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    fahkir brown sure didnt look great on the first drive when manning was in the game and he got beat twice. We looked terrific after manning left, but that is so misleading its ridiculous. We might have given up 40 points if he stayed in. Lets not get too excited about doing well against the backups.

Also note that they were missing five starters on defense and our #1's in two possessions got one field goal. Stalling in the red zone again, too early of course to get upset, but that is NOT what we need.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    He got beat so it was OJ's responsibility to come over, which he didn't. More of a goof on OJ then Brown.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Regarding that deep pass that was completed to Wayne, and I believe HUb has touched on this, the more I hear about it the more it sounds like Brown stuck with the short zone coverage. Which would have made defending Brown's deeper route Atogwe's responsibility. So if that's the case, I'm not sure Brown made any mistakes against Indy's first unit.
    You are EXACTLY on point Nick buddy. That play was definately zone coverage (you can tell by the way the defenders initially lined up and cover/released on the receivers), which would required deep help, and Atogwe missed it.

Zone coverages usually have difficulty this early in the season, especially with a new coaching staff and defense. I wouldn't get excited. This should resolve itself by the regular season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not sure it was so smart to show all the blitzing in the 1st preseason game.
    The teams around the NFL will adjust very quickly if we show to much. Let's continue to fly under the radar.

MadForPlaid is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    I'm not sure it was so smart to show all the blitzing in the 1st preseason game.
    The teams around the NFL will adjust very quickly if we show to much. Let's continue to fly under the radar.
    laram0,

Not to worry, teams don't weigh too much regarding Preseason strategies (offense or defense), etc.

MadForPlaid

bruce4life is offline Registered User

again its just a preseason game, a chance to get the rust off and learn haslett's defense... i was in cabo when the rams played this game but from what i heard we did fairly well overall but again its preseason

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I also heard Rams did well, but am trying to catch the replayonNFL CHannell so I can make my own judgements.

Not that IO take preseason seriously, but it is the only time one might see some of the players.
    GO RAMS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast