Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

To be fair... I don't care

Through much of the offseason, the "experts" ignored the Rams, relegating them to the purgatory or perpetual mediocrity. I, along with others, reacted with ennui, recognizing that their prognostications fill columns, but don't necessarily foretell future outcomes.

Now, it seems that the momentum has shifted. Many "experts" are now discovering (much as DeSoto once "discovered" the Mississippi - "like they wouldn't have found that anyway!") the Rams, their loaded offense, and their defense with enough new faces to at least have the potential for significant improvement. Some have even gone as far as to predict a Division title.

Faced with these bandwagon jumping sycophants, I must, in all fairness, react with similar apathy. After all, these prognosticators are, like their naysayer counterparts, merely trying to find a story.

I have my own opinion. I think the Rams will win their Division by 2 games. That is what I think. I don't ask anyone to adopt my opinion as their own. Agree with me if you share my belief that the Rams are the best team in the NFC West. If you don't, fine.

Just don't tell me what the "experts" think.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: To be fair... I don't care

4 out of 5 dentists approve this opinion!

And I too think the division is ours to lose.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Oh, there's no doubt the Rams have -- at this period of gestation for the 2007 season -- the better potential to take the NFC West, by one, even two games. I agree. The Rams thus far have been doing their homework and have earned a little extra credit for good grades, again, at this stage.

As for the pundits, I'm just looking at their take on the Rams with the proverbial grain of salt. The writers are facing the doldroms of an offseason too.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I too BELIEVE the Rams are the best in the west and will win the division. From every interview with players and coaches, that I have read, I get a positive feeling that they believe they are in for something special this season.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I for one won't be happy unless we have the division title and at least one playoff win.

RAM29JACKSON Guest

They were 8-8 last year with a few changes in coaching and personnel.
    And they seemed to have improved the offense for this year.
    8-8 usually means you should have no where to go but up. But this free agency/parity tends to screw up the principles of progression. Only the Patriots seem to stick by a system that confounds parity. The ***** seem to be where the Rams were last year, which means theyll be competative . The Seahawks lost A little of what they had 2 years ago and were injured last year. but they still have a professional winning swayger and a QB thats better than the one in Chicago LOL.

The Cards coach can make them successful.But who knows how successful ?
    the Cards should be tougher than they have been in the past.
    I still think the NFC is weaker than the AFC by and large.
    So, even if the Rams succeed in their division that still doesnt mean their that good (yes, I am still a Rams fan first, Packers second, a very close,strong ,second)

This year its a good thing we play the Saints only once and thats an away game.
    I think the Rams will do well this year but them and 2 of the other division teams will probably be really close towards the end.

smizzhfx Guest

How can you have two favorite NFL teams.. and by that small of a margin. That boggles my mind. Any team that stands in the way of the Rams winning a Superbowl is nothing less than an ENEMY!

RAM29JACKSON Guest

LOL I grew up with the Rams so they are a favorite. My dad was born in Wisconsin and saw the first Superbowl live at the Coliseum. When the RAMS and PACKERS play, I am a little more involved. But, ultimately I realize its just entertainment.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AV
    DeSoto once "discovered" the Mississippi - "like they wouldn't have found that anyway!"
    I like Magellan. My favourite explorer. Around the world. Come on.

My favorite shift in "expert" opinion has been with Carriker. On draft day, it was all "What are the Rams doing taking a 3-4 DE?". Now, without Carriker playing one snap, we see more and more of "promising run-stuffing NT, Adam Carriker"
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

I have my own opinion. I think the Rams will win their Division by 2 games. That is what I think. I don't ask anyone to adopt my opinion as their own.
    You will never have to ask AV to share that opinion. Now just dont expect me to be flying any heat flags around town because we agree on the 2007 division champion Rams.

The experts are wrong I would say 99.9 % of the time. Last year the few that stuck with the Colts were rewarded, most had their Superbowl locks go down in flames. I might be wrong but according to the experts I thought The Panthers were a lock last year. Lets not forget the Cardinals were gonna challenge for the division. How many predicted the 99 Rams to go all the way? I know this will sting a little but what about the 01 Patriots they came out of no where. There is so many intangibles that you never know what could happen. Hell you might have half your team arrested some point during the season.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Yeah, I always root for Rams Super Bowl, anyone can do it even though this isn't always the case. I'll just pick them to win it all this year. The funny thing is living near D.C. I barely ever get to see them play, but usually when I'm around and watch a full Rams game live, without having to keep up on the computer, they ALWAYS win. This has always happened except for the 01' Super Bowl, but I probably went up and downstairs. They usually turn the ball over when I go up to get food, I come down and the other team scores or something bad happens. I'm not kidding at all. They always win when I watch. This year though I may be able to go to the Baltimore game with some friends, and they aren't playing the Skins this year. Though I'm not sure, maybe I should just watch it at home to be sure they win :-D.
    Last edited by prof22693; -06-26-2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: hello

Bud Light Guy Guest

People on TV or so called "experts" just break things down simply because they just need something to talk about in the offseason.

Clearly people at ESPN are east coast and Peyton Manning biased. I just look past it to be honest with you. Unless something huge is going down to a miswest team like the Bulger contract situation, Larry Johnson situation or even the Trent Green MIA saga, ESPN won't usually cover teams in the midwest unless youre name is Manning or Terrell Owens.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    People on TV or so called "experts" just break things down simply because they just need something to talk about in the offseason.

Clearly people at ESPN are east coast and Peyton Manning biased. I just look past it to be honest with you. Unless something huge is going down to a miswest team like the Bulger contract situation, Larry Johnson situation or even the Trent Green MIA saga, ESPN won't usually cover teams in the midwest unless youre name is Manning or Terrell Owens.
    yeah, not to mention their new england obsession. i believe sportscenter still operates out of connecticut

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I can use some statistics to prove that "experts" don't know um, stuff from Shinola.

In 1999. not a single "expert" picked the Rams to win it all. Therefore, 100% of these "experts" are full of....um, Shinola.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Actually, to be fair, a lot of the "experts" predicted the Rams would win it all in 1999.

They just didn't make those predictions until December 1999.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast