throwback week

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The Falcons fans are confident

I have been thinking about this game and trying to figure out the keys to winning. This one is evading me so I went over to one of the Falcons message boards to see what is on their mind.

So far I see a lot of confidence

Confidence in the defense
    Confidence in an 11-5 season (versus a 8-8 season)
    Confidence in a win at home (they are 7-1 for the season at home)
    Confidence in another win against the Rams (34-17 Falcons over the Rams in week 2)
    Confidence in numbers - there are a lot of Atlanta fans yaking on the net

The fans seem to think they can win three in a row and be SuperBowl champs. They are thinking they are all that.
    Pretty confident I would say. Perhaps too confident.

I think it will be a tough game for the Rams, but very winnable. It is another road game with more utterly crazed fans making lots of noise, but it is inside a dome this time. A nice comfy, really loud dome, that is not ours.
    There will be no 12th man for the Rams yet again.

The Falcons do have a good D line and they harrassed Bulger in the last game. The Falcons have Vick who brings a lot of versitility and scrambling ability. Can the Rams contain Vick in this game?

Can the Rams overcome these odds?

Taking a look at the falcon's schedule, I feel hope building. An 11-5 record sound mighty fine, but a 2-3 record for the last 5 games doesn't sound all that impressive does it? They lost to the bucs, saints, and our yet another bird team known as the Seahawks.

If the Seahawks can beat them......need I say more?

Bring on yet another bird team..... Eagles, Seahawks, and now the Falcons. I see a trend here...lol.

Go Rams :ramlogo:
    Fear the horns, feel the force.
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -01-13-2005 at 09:45 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FlaconBetty Guest

Re: The Falcons fans are confident

Even a Ram fan has to admit that confident Falcon Fans in mass are rare. We have to trick ourselves into believing we can cross the threshold of being elite. We hang a little hope on our professional teams to distract us from our daily routines just like they do in St. Louis but we want what you guys got when you came to town and won that Superbowl a while back I met a few ClanRams and they were class acts nothing like a philly,Steeler,Pat,Giant,Raider or JETS fans. We feel good about our run game and we feel good about our Defense and oh yea we feel good about our QB's as well and yea I'm nervouse because ya'll have been there many times before and have won 3 must win playoff type games this season. I hope that the Rams have run out of steam but there is usually no such luck in the post season usaully when a teams get's used to winning they have to stop themselves. So I'm confident but scared if you understand my internal contridiction.

thoey is offline Registered User

<laughs at Login Name typo>

I mean, Welcome to Clan Ram...
    This space for rent...

theodus69 Guest

Sounds to me the Falcon's are ripe for an ASS WHIPPING! :ramlogo:

daredevil25 Guest

Do you expect all the fans to say, "No we can't win"? As for the Seahawks beating us, you do know that the Falcons hardly tried to play that game and they were a 2 point conversion away from overtime against a rookie QB for 2 1/2 quarters. Just like all Ram fans have a right to believe the Rams can make the SB so can all Falcon fans, Eagles, Vikings, Colts, Jets, Steelers and Patriot fans.

P.S. Just look at your own score prediction thread, 20 of the 23 replies are for the Rams, 1 is a Falcon fan, and 2 are people just picking the Falcons so the opposite happens. 8 of those 20 also predict a double digit score. I don't go to our board saying "Ram fans are confident", because you should be.
    Last edited by daredevil25; -01-13-2005 at 02:07 PM.

theodus69 Guest

DD25, Very quick I see! Of course your going to pick your team , that is a given. It's gonna be a good game and good luck!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil25
    Do you expect all the fans to say, "No we can't win"? As for the Seahawks beating us, you do know that the Falcons hardly tried to play that game and they were a 2 point conversion away from overtime against a rookie QB for 2 1/2 quarters.
    Well I wish the Falcons would have tried a little harder to beat the Seahawks. It would have been better for us Rams.

I don't go to our board saying "Ram fans are confident", because you should be.
    I am not confident. This 8-8 season has left me thinking that any game can bring any result. Confidence in consistency is hard to develop, but I do think the Rams are hungry and motivated and anything can happen so I remain excited to watch each game as they come. Peaking late in the season may be a key to the playoffs for the Rams.

Good to see you around Daredevil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

daredevil25 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Well I wish the Falcons would have tried a little harder to beat the Seahawks. It would have been better for us Rams.
    Me too, to be honest. We could and should have won that game, but Vick went out (legitimately) and Schaub came in. I know this, our K missed another FG against the Seahawks which turned out to be the differential

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Good to see you around Daredevil.
    Good to be back.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

They have reason to feel confident. Their defense has been outstanding and anytime you have Michael Vick, you are in the game.

The key for the Rams? Force Vick to throw the ball to the wideouts.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The Falcons fans are confident
    That the RAMS will WIN! :ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsfan1975 Guest

Hey dd25 and other falcon fans reading the boards...I am a tried and true rams fan for most my life..and ive seen ups and downs. like you i have great hopes in my team winning, as fans we all dream that our team..the team we care about wins it all...some years its been good...some years bad...some years very very very heart breakingly bad(ok decade)... and i know you falcons have had simular heartaches... This time you guys have the edge in many factors...a good team , and i expect a little hungry..but we have a few things in our favor....you guys have rested and relaxed the last few weeks...weve been in the nfls equivilent of bar fights lately...were hot, not makeing too many mistakes and will come to this game looking to play...it will be a toss up and the best team will win out(i hope its the rams of course)

The only really big factor we have on our side is that idiot chris collinsworthelss picked you guys to win... we all know he hates the rams but it seems that every week he picks us to lose we win.....every week he picks us to won we lose......just a though....good luck on saturday!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon,BetHe
    So I'm confident but scared if you understand my internal contradiction.
    You'd be a perfect Mike Martz fan.

daredevil25 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan1975
    The only really big factor we have on our side is that idiot chris collinsworthelss picked you guys to win... we all know he hates the rams but it seems that every week he picks us to lose we win.....every week he picks us to won we lose......just a though....good luck on saturday!
    Ah you guys hate Collinsworthless too, we agree on a lot then.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I hope Falcon fans are not confident because they're playing the Rams. This game is a completely different situation with a completely different Ram team. We fought and clawed to be where we are now and are peaking, while the Falcons coasted in, perhaps already having played their best ball. Everything is clicking for us on both sides of the ball and even the special teams are looking normal which is huge after what we went through most of the season.

The Falcons are a very good team, but I don't think they can match us score for score. Vick will be a factor, our offensive line play will be a factor and turnovers will be the biggest factor. If we don't turn the ball over, we'll win, regardless of what Vick does.

I'm confident this will be another step in the continued improvement, progression and push ahead in this amazing ride.