RamWraith is offline Registered User

Falling into a trap this week??

With Alexander possibly shelved this week, and us being so banged up at the corners I can see Seattle using a lot of 4 receiver sets. If indeed we are cut down in the backfield this is sure going to play into the Hawks hands and how will the team respond to nickel and dime situations? What are the options if Fisher and Brown can't go? Do we signed a Carroll? Move Chavous to corner in nickel packages?

Not having Alexander might even be harder on the Rams than having him.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -10-09-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Falling into a trap this week??

Good question.

With our track record of allowing other teams second string backs to run rampant, I reckon we'll still see a heavy dose of the run courtesy of Morris. The wider sets on offence will create even more space for people to run through and make it easier to get rid of it on a blitz. No doubt it's the D's acid test to date.

Goes without saying that turnovers will be key.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    With Alexander possibly shelved this week, and us being so banged up at the corners I can see Seattle using a lot of 4 receiver sets. If indeed we are cut down in the backfield this is sure going to play into the Hawks hands and how will the team respond to nickel and dime situations? What are the options if Fisher and Brown can't go? Do we signed a Carroll? Move Chavous to corner in nickel packages?

Not having Alexander might even be harder on the Rams than having him.
    I can see what you're saying but I think this week you'll start seeing more of the Blitz shcemes inputed. Look for us to put a lot of constant pressure on Hassleback.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

The coaching staff seems to have done well in picking up street free agents when the need arises. This time of the season, though, the picking may be slim. It will be interesting to see who can go. I do believe that the Hawks will try to exploit this. However, I am just as worried about us allowing another back-up running back to look like an all pro...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

I understand what you're trying to say but I think that if Noah Herron was able to run that well, you wouldn't want Alexander back this week. And as I understand it, he won't be back until the next week against the Vikings. I think you guys have trouble with bigger backs but I'm thinking that Morris is the type of guy you'll be able to stop.

I think the biggest lift the Seahawks will get this week is having Jerramy Stevens back in the passing game. That's what has really been missing. If the Rams do in fact bring the blitz, Stevens is the guy that will need to make them pay for it. I also think the Seahawks will counter the blitz by using a lot of draws and quick short passes that are designed to put the pressure back on the corners.

I expect this to be a hard fought game since it is unbelievably important in the outcome of this season. We lose and you guys are up a game and a half in the division with one head to head win. If we win, we're up a half game and have won the first matchup in your yard. Both teams need this one and it should be good.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant View Post
    I think the biggest lift the Seahawks will get this week is having Jerramy Stevens back in the passing game. That's what has really been missing. If the Rams do in fact bring the blitz, Stevens is the guy that will need to make them pay for it. I also think the Seahawks will counter the blitz by using a lot of draws and quick short passes that are designed to put the pressure back on the corners.
    This should be a big game for Tinoisamoa. I think we can sustain this if we get enough pressure on Hasselbeck. look for Tye Hill to come up big too! It seems like all rookies are flourishing at this point!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't buy that the Rams would rather have last year's NFC Offensive MVP in the game.

If the Seahawks run a lot of 4 WR sets, the Rams need to take advantage with blitz packages. Hasselbeck is certainly someone who, if pressured, will make mistakes (he has 7 Ints in 4 games this year). If you want to beat the 4 WR set, the best way is to force the other team to "max protect."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not saying we have the same talent level but Haslett needs to go back and watch how Da Bears beat up on the Seahawks.

If we can't slow down the Seahawks run game this could get ugly.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Morris is definitely better than Herron, so expect him to produce with a much more solid line then Green Bay's. I'm guessing at least 90 yards.

Rhew Churyll is offline Registered User

If our Oline can hold up AND with the addition of J. Stevens our run (ala MoMo and Mack) game should be upgraded since the last game against Chicago.

The Hawks ALSO have to make sure they don't fall into a trap, Jackson is and has always imho been a beast of a back. With Marcus Tubbs back into the line up, hopefully we can squash S Jackson. But if we don't, then man-o-man...Bulger will open up with Torry and Bruce, not to mention McDonald and Curtis will be waiting in the wings.

Going to be a good game at the Ed Dome!!!

GO HAWKS!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I see a couple of hawks fans mentioning J Stevens as a key to the game. I don't think he will be much of a factor just because it's his first game back from his injury. Generally speaking most players don't come back after being off for weeks and contribute much in their first game. We will see.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

radio said alexander has been upgraded to probable and a gametime decision. like j stevens shouldn't be concern 1st game back from injury
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8