Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ManofGod is offline Registered User

Familiar Faces in New Places

Hello guys its been a while. I'm sitting here watching the Bears vs. Broncos tilt on NBC and two of our old Rams are on display namely Orlando Pace and Pisa Tinoismoa. I know several of the guys thought that we let Orlando go too early but after seeing him this pre-season, I have to agree with management. Tonight he looks slow and obviously lacks the quickness he once had, Dumervil is giving him fits tonight.

Pisa on the other hand was simply the odd man out with Will moving to WLB, but he still has a few more good years left, and he's starting tonight for the Bears.

I've seen several of the other Rams that have departed in the past few years and the only two Rams that I wish we still had are DT Damien Lewis (now with the Panthers), and WR Kevin Curtis (now with the Eagles); both are solid starters for their teams, play hard, and are good character guys. They also happen to fill two of the major holes our team currently has. Oh well can't go back and change the past, but after seeing the way several of our guys careers have panned out, are there any other former Rams that you would still like to see in the horns?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Familiar Faces in New Places

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Hello guys its been a while. I'm sitting here watching the Bears vs. Broncos tilt on NBC and two of our old Rams are on display namely Orlando Pace and Pisa Tinoismoa. I know several of the guys thought that we let Orlando go too early but after seeing him this pre-season, I have to agree with management. Tonight he looks slow and obviously lacks the quickness he once had, Dumervil is giving him fits tonight.

Pisa on the other hand was simply the odd man out with Will moving to WLB, but he still has a few more good years left, and he's starting tonight for the Bears.

I've seen several of the other Rams that have departed in the past few years and the only two Rams that I wish we still had are DT Damien Lewis (now with the Panthers), and WR Kevin Curtis (now with the Eagles); both are solid starters for their teams, play hard, and are good character guys. They also happen to fill two of the major holes our team currently has. Oh well can't go back and change the past, but after seeing the way several of our guys careers have panned out, are there any other former Rams that you would still like to see in the horns?
    Other than the obvious Warner( right choice under the circumstances,imo, but who wouldn't want him back now?) , I might add Pickett and Shaun McDonald (we could use a KR spark esp,imo) to that list. Moot point awards hopefully go to Hedgecock and Fletcher now that we have Karney and Lau.

I hope we don't miss Romberg. A bit injury prone to be the starter but a solid back-up to someone like Brown. I think his lack of versatility hurt him so I understand the decision.

Torn on Bruce. I think we should have kept Curtis and shopped Bruce earlier.

Just as bad,imo, as the poor draft/FA choices has been the judgment on when to get rid of underperformers/past prime guys.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I agree, the poor draft/FA choices are in my opinion legendary, and it truly made me appreciate both more than ever. And I would have added "Hedge" and London if we didn't currently have the two guys you mentioned.

In Issac's case I wish we would have moved him to the slot and started Kevin rather than let him walk.

I've always loved Kurt, and I can't help but wonder what would have happen if things had been different, we may have had one of the all-time greatest offenses/quarterbacks (statistically speaking)(long-term) which would have put us in the same list as those great Steelers, *****, Cowboys teams of legend.

Oh well it just goes to show that fooball is a very unpredictable sport, so you have to enjoy the success while you have it to enjoy.

Be Blessed guys!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We have had a crappy front office for so many years. Bruce, I can understand. A bit. We are a team that's rebuilding. I have a gut feeling Avery played better than what Bruce would've done.

Holt hasn't done much for the Jags this preseason. We gotta wait till he plays more though.

I miss Curtis so much. He was a speed threat for sure. Imagine having Avery and Curtis on the field at the same time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Have to agree with Kevin Curtis..The guy had some skills & great speed..Especially with our current WR situation, I cant help but think of the "what-ifs", had we still had this guy on the roster..

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I think it was the right time for Torry Holt to go. Waiting to see how he pans out in Jacksonville. I only saw the one play where Torry pickup a TD after his team mate had fumbled at the goal line. Good luck "T-HO", but it was definitely time to leave Saint Louis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Orlando looked terrible in the Bears, Broncos game last night. Him and Torry were great players for our team, but both guys were getting paid for glory days that are long past them. Bruce on the hand is still very productive, he led the forty#@..er's in receiving yards and receptions last year. The fact we lost him over a million dollars and change still pisses me off. To this day I would still love nothing more then to see him retire a Ram. I feel that the Holt, Pace and Pisa transactions were all necessary, but they way they treated Bruce and Hedgecock is just unacceptable.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

The two guys that should have been kept are Kevin Curtis and Ryan Pickett. Pickett had finally stepped up before the Rams let him walk, and has gone on to be a star in Green Bay. Having him back in that middle would have solidified that defensive line.

On Offense what a blessing it would be to still have Curtis. Have Curtis on one side, Robinson on the other, and let Avery control the slot. That would have been a good receiving corps.

Another guy I miss is Fitzpatrick. I really liked the kid as a backup. He had a nice arm, decent mobility, and will always be remembered for bringing the Rams back against Houston.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

as fans you get attached to players who are anchor points. Orlando was one of the greats, but it was painfully obvious it wasn't prudent to keep him at the price he wanted. Had he been negotiable, we would have kept him. But under the circumstances and the drama surrounding the rams the past 3 to 4 years. I can't blame him, both he and Torry wanted to leave and didn't deserve to start all over again.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and the further you go the more clear it becomes, but I think that it's night and day when you compare the two front offices. We're signing young up and coming veterans now as opposed to letting them move on, and we're letting go of the overpriced, too old players who won't get any better. The exact opposite seemed to happen under the last regime where we picked up an old Corey Chavous off the scrap bin and then he sucked for three years for example.

Yes, it'd be great to have Hedge, Curtis, and Fletcher back, but I think that after a good amount of time with our new regime, you'll see us not wishing and more being happy with the decisions being made by the front office.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    We have had a crappy front office for so many years. Bruce, I can understand. A bit. We are a team that's rebuilding. I have a gut feeling Avery played better than what Bruce would've done.

Holt hasn't done much for the Jags this preseason. We gotta wait till he plays more though.

I miss Curtis so much. He was a speed threat for sure. Imagine having Avery and Curtis on the field at the same time!
    Mooselini, I have to disagree with you on Bruce and Avery,now give him a couple more years and maybe you can put him in the same sentence with Isaac,we had Ellard and then Bruce,maybe Avery will take and carry that torch,but only time will tell.this would make a great poll question,given last year and JUST last season,which guy would you rather have had ?

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Hedge, easily. I liked Brandon Chiller too, but I think we're ok now.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I have to agree with Pickett being a guy I would still like to have here.Our interior D line has suffered since he left.
    London Fletcher walking was and is to this day goes down as the biggest FO blunder of the decade.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Just heard Jeff Zgonina's name in the Houston-Viking game. That brought back some good memories... Didn't realize he was still in the league.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Fletcher is the big name that comes to mind in the "what might have been" category, but by now age has become a factor. Kevin Curtis is also up there.

I'm still not sure about Damione Lewis and Ryan Pickett. They have found some degree of success with their new teams, but it's not like our defensive line was particularly good when they were here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast