Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: With fans already losing interest, Rams face a tough test

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea408Niner View Post
    Correction: Our offense looked like crap. The defense looked great and kept us in it all night. You hope we can get a pass rush? With 2 of your starting OL out and with Greg Manusky sending 6 or 7 guys at Lienart a lot of the time, I'm expecting a great pass rush.

And is it really weak to say that Clements and Harris can shut down Holt and Bruce a week after holding Boldin and Fitz to 42 total yards combined? Holt is better than both of those guys but both of those guys are better than Bruce, at least at this point in his career.

We basically shut you guys down the entire 2nd half in last year's game in St. Louis only to have you guys drive down the field for the winning score, but now our defense is MUCH better.
    The guy that is delivering the ball for the Rams is a veteran, not a qb with little experience. Last year is last year and if Alex Smith has 86 yds passing half way into the 4th qtr I'd say its game over for you guys. Luckily for you we are two starters down at db so maybe he'll have 105 midway through the 4th. Keep counting on what happened last year afterall thats what matters this year right? 42 yds combined vs Fitz and Boldin with a youngster starting at qb. Who is a better qb Lienart or Bulger? I knew youd say Bulger so dont expect the same from the Rams offense. You actually think after last weeks debacle on offense we will come out slow again. I don't think that will happen and I also dont think your corners will slow down Bruce, Holt and Bennett who you laughed at. Which wr on your team is better than Bennett beside maybe stonehands Jackson? Your d is improved but I think this game will be a lot tougher of a test for them. Neither of your corners overpaid or not are shutdown corners, Lienarts indecisiveness was the Cards downfall like throwing into triple coverage while Fitzgerald ran down the sideline alone. Bulger wont make the same mistakes and I hope you have to blitz to get pressure because I love Holt or Bruce one on one with any corner in the league. May the better team win and may that better team be the RAMS!

Just Fix It

blood85 is offline Registered User

Daaaannnng, don't mess with rammiser!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Boys, a little reminder. All of this needs to move to the Arch Enemies thread. That's where the smack should be contained. Feel free to rip on each other there.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

blood85 is offline Registered User

But of course.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    This is one of the most bothersome quotes I've heard during this period of.......shall we say, uneasiness bordering on quesiness.

The O-line is not a sum of its 5 parts. It is its own entity. Look at NE, Atl, and Denver over the past few years. None of them had top shelf individuals, but all of them were top shelf units. They became that way from consistency and familiarity with each other and the system. "Two good work days....and a decision on Friday" won't foster that unit.

Don't get me wrong. I understand Linehan is in a tight spot, and I applaude his realistic candor. However, truth be light-shed, the most likely result from "two good work days and a decision" will be missed assignments, negative rushing attempts, and a lot of turf on the back of Bulger's jersey.
    For what it's worth, it sounds as if the same unit/line-up got work on both days, and that's the one that was announced for this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12