Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Fans Need to Get a Clue

I love the enthusiasm but at the same time this is also the front office that put together teams that had tony banks and june henley starting... and the front office that traded jeerome bettis away for nothing...

They are trimming payroll so they can sell the team and have another owner worry about rebuilding this team to greatness...

Yes Jacob Bell was a fantastic signing but is he a type of player than can fortify the o-line???? i suppose only time will tell... After the 2002 season we signed Mark Wolabaugh to shore up our o-line and look where that got us.... ALL IM SAYING IS THAT WE HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE FRONT OFFICE IS TRYING TO DO WITH OUR BELOVED RAMS, WE CAN ONLY SPECULATE

moklerman is offline Registered User

Maybe, Mok, but isn't there some validity to the idea that fans (myself, chief of sinners) don't know item 1 about what it takes to build a team?
    Some validity? The fans don't know best in most cases. I just find it hilarious that someone doesn't realize the irony of "whining" about all the "whiners" when they post something like this.

It's a freakin' free message board. Let people voice their opinions in peace. If you disagree with them about something, address their point(s). The day everyone on this board agrees with each other about everything and it's all rainbows and puppy dogs, I'll be the first one out the door.

I'm generally pretty steadfast in my opinions but I KNOW they're opinions. I enjoy the other points of view and like to see if I've misjudged something or haven't considered something else.

Also, if the Rams had given anyone out there one good reason to trust their judgement on how a franchise should be run, I'd almost see the point.

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Some validity? The fans don't know best in most cases. I just find it hilarious that someone doesn't realize the irony of "whining" about all the "whiners" when they post something like this.

It's a freakin' free message board. Let people voice their opinions in peace. If you disagree with them about something, address their point(s). The day everyone on this board agrees with each other about everything and it's all rainbows and puppy dogs, I'll be the first one out the door.

I'm generally pretty steadfast in my opinions but I KNOW they're opinions. I enjoy the other points of view and like to see if I've misjudged something or haven't considered something else.

Also, if the Rams had given anyone out there one good reason to trust their judgement on how a franchise should be run, I'd almost see the point.

We may have no reason to trust given past drafts, but I would like to see how this off season shapes up with our new back room staff. Hopefully we can make some good steps forwards. I think It may be a bit too early to judge the entire Free Agency 2008 on 7 days or so.

But I agree you are right about opinions, if we all just agreed on these boards, it would be a boring world. Listening to differing opions is what gets us to learn and see things differently. I like hearing them, Barry, yourself and all.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll agree that there are some wild opinions being thrown around here, but that's what happens this time of year, especially after a 3-13 season. Add to that the salary cap squeeze, the unceremonious departure of a Rams icon and emotions are going to run high. I personally think it makes for interesting, amusing and lively conversation, which is why I am here.

RealRam is offline Registered User

A Question of Balance. -- Moody Blues.

Thanks BW.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post

Yes, Mok....ironic indeed.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

masonmo1 is offline Registered User

Good post rebuilding definitely requires more than picking up a couple of high priced free agents. It would be great if we could trade a 2nd round pick for an impact player like Faulk or Williams and follow things up with a solid draft.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, it seems like the "fans that need to get a clue" also are the fans that:

1. Buy jerseys
    2. Purchase plane tickets to fly to games
    3. Get hotel rooms
    4. Provide influx into the local STL economy
    5. Buy $8 warm beers and $6 stale hotdogs
    6. Purchase 4 tickets at an average of $60 a pop
    7. Watch this team lose game after game.

However, we aren't supposed to complain about anything. Ok, we won't but if we quit spending our money would that help get the message across?

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Why quit? We didn't have a great year, the Rams aren't known for great turnarounds. How about all the bad drafting, bad trading, bad free agent pick ups. You can say other teams do that as well, but we aren't other teams, and we aren't winning. Furthermore Kicker will never be your biggest need.

Ever complain about the goverment?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

So good, I wish I could rep him twice.

Some of the posts we've seen recently demanding firings on the basis of our reluctance to splash big money on people like Calvin Pace have been very poorly reasoned in my view and are a hangover from the frustrations of last year.

I have had long-standing issues about our front-office that relate purely to Shaw and Zygmunt but I see very little wrong with what we've done so far. Devaney would seem to be making the responsible decisions.

Maybe we have a plan?

As for those feeling very sensitive that Barry has dared to voice his well-informed opinion on this matter, I'd point to the barrage of fake posts, perjorative comment and sarcasm that those of us who aren't instinctively negative have had to endure for the last six months,

If we have to accept it as 'banter' or 'venting' then I'd suggest you do the same.

Barry is also a fan and this is another fans opinion. He's as entitled to critcise his own as you are to unload on the team and those who prefer to take a slightly more positive view of proceedings.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Thats a +rep!
    Last edited by Rammed; -03-04-2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Read Phat's post....put it better than I could.......

Rams4Life is offline Registered User

I agree for the most part, except i would have liked to see them pursue some of the trades that were being made.

Beta Ram is offline Registered User

Very insightful.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Why quit? We didn't have a great year, the Rams aren't known for great turnarounds. How about all the bad drafting, bad trading, bad free agent pick ups. You can say other teams do that as well, but we aren't other teams, and we aren't winning. Furthermore Kicker will never be your biggest need.

Ever complain about the goverment?
    Exactly red Archer, we havent always seen eye to eye on topics about the rams but however you are right on que on this subject. How did picking up dexter coakley or chris clariborne help the rams 3 years ago??? jamie duncan sent us 4 years back and letting bryce fisher go, we are still feeling the ramifications of those decisionns... NO PUN INTENDED EITHER

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Barry, I am glad that someone who actually deals with sports for a living is saying the same thing I have been trying to say in this post.
    As a fan, I am not always in agreement with what the FO and coaches are doing. In fact, I include a lot of 'colorful metaphors' in my opinions. I know the Rams have made some really dumb moves in the past, but this year the Brown deal looks solid. I also think Jacob Bell is going to end up a steal for us.

Rep to you, sir, for this post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast