Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fans Need to Get a Clue

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Why quit? We didn't have a great year, the Rams aren't known for great turnarounds.
    I know this is off topic but I have to get this off of my chest. Our RAMS aren't "known" for great turnarounds but they have done it at least once.

I know I don't need to go into the whole 1998 to 1999 Superbowl winning team. The fact remains it has been done once. Totally caught us all off guard.
    I'm not saying we will do a complete turnaround in 2008 but anything is possible.

I can't speak for the rest of you but I have faith in our team. Last season was a fluke, that's right a fluke. Even if we didn't make any changes going into 2008 we would be better than the 2007 team. Well, we have made some very significant changes. Most of the changes so far have been in the coaching categories. The 2008 season is going to be a blast.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

It's rebuilding time my friends what do you expect. I'm gonna fel better when we get franchise QB!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and let jackson go. he needs too many touches to get going and It's not that kinda game anymore. IF YOU WANT TO WIN!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Some validity? The fans don't know best in most cases. I just find it hilarious that someone doesn't realize the irony of "whining" about all the "whiners" when they post something like this.

It's a freakin' free message board. Let people voice their opinions in peace. If you disagree with them about something, address their point(s). The day everyone on this board agrees with each other about everything and it's all rainbows and puppy dogs, I'll be the first one out the door.

I'm generally pretty steadfast in my opinions but I KNOW they're opinions. I enjoy the other points of view and like to see if I've misjudged something or haven't considered something else.

Also, if the Rams had given anyone out there one good reason to trust their judgement on how a franchise should be run, I'd almost see the point.
    Why don't you stop whining about a guy whining about fans who whine about the Rams decision making?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Hey Barry....good to see you around You should stop by more often. Apparently you have a lot of fans who want to give you rep points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

moklerman is offline Registered User

Why quit? We didn't have a great year, the Rams aren't known for great turnarounds.
    For some of us, the fact that Rams fans have to hope for a miracle turnaround each year is disgusting in and of itself. The Rams, for MANY years were a team that the NFL respected and feared. Care to guess when they started to develop the "sorry a s s Rams" moniker?
    I'm gonna feel better when we get franchise QB!
    Sorry Theodus, this is one of my touchiest subjects when it comes to the Rams. Since the late 60's the Rams have had three QB's that could be considered franchise QB's. Roman Gabriel(for sure), Jim Everett(infamous but pretty good) and Warner(Super Bowl winning QB's don't mean much to the Rams) and they were all let go when they had plenty of tread left on the tires. Don't count on the Rams to change their ways any time soon in this regard.
    Why don't you stop whining about a guy whining about fans who whine about the Rams decision making?
    Very nice. Touche'.

itsguud is offline Registered User

You know this may turn out to be the most ironic post of all time:

First all, it is a whining post about whining.

Secondly it was meant to (seemingly) to stop so many complaints from being posted, when it is a complaint

Thirdly, it has done nothing but stir the masses into another arguemnet.

I don't understand, why anyone complains about people on here who feel free to voice THEIR OWN OPINION. If we can't do that then whats the point of having a dicussion board? Perhaps this should be a communist board where we are only allowed to love the master and never have thoughts doubting that feeling!!! :imho:

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

On Soviet Forums posts delete you!

I do have to say, I'm rather amused by all the people flipping out over the Rams not signing a bunch of random players. I say random because they very rarely actually say who they want signed. The typical post I'm referring to looks like this:

"Why haven't the Rams signed anyone yet?!?! The Rams FO sucks and should be fired because there are sooo many Free Agents and everyone else out there is signing them left and right but we only have two!"

It's one thing to say we need a specific player, but some people seem to just want to see large numbers of players signed to "fill" holes with overpayed, overhyped trash.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, let's compromise here. I wouldn't complain so much about the Rams if it wasn't so dang expensive. Tell you what, if it looks like the Rams are going to have a losing season.....then have half price items at the game. Not the tickets, forking over that money is ok. However, don't make me wait in line for 20 minutes for a beer that will possibly be flat by the time I get to my seat and charge me for what I could have bought a 12 pack at the 7-11 and look up at the scoreboard and see that the Rams are down 14-0. Make it $4. Give me a hot dog for $2. I'm sure the Rams are getting the dogs at deep discount prices anyway. Throw in a program. Let me buy a replica jersey for $15 and throw in a key chain.

Just throw us a bone. It wouldn't hurt. The fans would really appreciate that and I bet the ED wouldn't be littered with opposing fans.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -03-05-2008 at 05:06 PM.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Wouldn't that be great? A sliding scale for merchandise and concessions.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Ok, let's compromise here. I wouldn't complain so much about the Rams if it wasn't so dang expensive. Tell you what, if it looks like the Rams are going to have a losing season.....then have half price items at the game. Not the tickets, forking over that money is ok. However, don't make me wait in line for 20 minutes for a beer that will possibly be flat by the time I get to my seat and charge me for what I could have bought a 12 pack at the 7-11. Make it $4. Give me a hot dog for $2. I'm sure the Rams are getting the dogs at deep discount prices anyway. Throw in a program. Let me buy a replica jersey for $15 and throw in a key chain.

Just throw us a bone. It wouldn't hurt. The fans would really appreciate that and I bet the ED wouldn't be littered with opposing fans.
    great ideal TX , but I bet that since they didn't raise ticket prices that hot dog just went up another $1 and that $8 beer is now a $9 beer and the $5 program will stay the same it will just be a bit thinner.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

This has got to be the most entertaining and interesting thread in over six months. I hope that Barry comes back and stirs the hornet's nest more often...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Personally, I wasn't excited about any of the free agents. That being said, I still enjoy seeing and hearing the fans give their take on what we should do regarding free agents....or most other aspects of the organization. Worst case scenario is that I can contradict their position. If nothing else, while I may or may not agree, I may be given something to think about that hadn't occurred to me before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123