Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Fans Save Yourself

I know we love the horns, but unlike me, who HAS to cover this team, who HAS to talk to players and listen to coachspeak, you guys can bail, and I would never blame anyone who does on this team.

They do not deserve your loyalty, and today is certainly the final straw to any who value their sanity. Check back in after March for the 2009 news.

It appears that the jump they got from Linehan being thrown under the bus was like a terminal cancer patient having a slight recovery from chemo before the ultimate end.

There should be a great number of players, and pretty much all of the over 30 group, should be looking for work in 2009.

It clearly is time to rid this squad of all the dead weight from the Zygmunt era. There are very few players I would see as necessary for the future of this team, and even some of the young guys would be on a short leash.

On offense, you keep the young receivers, draft another perhaps, and say bye bye to Holt, Looker and Bennett.

I'd keep McMichael if he is healthy, but you lose Klop and Becht, and draft a TE this year ( It's a solid year at that pos.)

Jackson stays, as he must, but Leonard, no longer physically able to be a blocker or ST player, as well as Pittman and Minor, gotta go. You have to either draft a RB on day one, or trade for a speedy backup with potential.

That's assuming you don't find the guy in Darby, who should be the feature back when Jackson is out.

On the line, I would say you either have to keep Pace, or sign a top FA LT. Then you tell Barron, a real flatliner, to seek work elsewhere. Now you must draft a tackle early in the draft, hopefully able to get one at the top of round two, as there are not really any Pace types in this draft.

You also MUST either sign, trade for, or draft a big, tough center. Usually you can get a good one at the top of round three.

I keep Incognito, and at least if we lose, we won't get punked by other team's tough guys as much with him out there. And if we are losing like today and he wants to get something going, I say let him go do it.

I also have to keep Bell because of his deal, and make sure he is aware he will be cut in 2010 if he doesn't play to his salary. I also make sure Greco gets a shot to beat him out, and also Setterstrom if he can come back.

On defense, I'd cut Chavous tomorrow, and play BAssey and Johnson, or moce O.J to SS and see if he is better or worse than at FS.

I'd keep Brown and Bartell, and do everything I could to make them backups before next season. I'd say the same thing to Hill I did to Bell. Play like a #1 or you'll be gone soon.

I'd draft a CB in round one or two, and look to sign a top FA as a priority.

O.J stays, with a new deal, and I draft at least one SS and look for a veteran that can at least play the run.

I'd keep Pisa, but find another guy to rotate on that side and keep him fresher, perhaps a draft pick that's a tweener DE/LB to use on blitzes. You can get those guys in round three or four.

Witherspoon moves to the strong side, and you sign or draft a MLB, mabe even in round one if a CB is not a real option that high. I would look at a big , mean , angry MLB type, like say... Rey Mauluga from USC.

You keep Q, Chamberlain, Draft, Stills, Verbora (All good ST ) as backups.

On the line, you keep Long, Little, Ryan, Adeyanju, and tell Carriker he too better start performing, and you look for help at pass rush end and run stopping tackle in the draft and FA.

And of course you keep Jones and Brown and Massey, the best of the team.

Oh, I forgot... Bulger is your BACKUP QB. That means you have to sign, draft, or trade for one.

Barry Waller

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Fans Save Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by barry waller View Post
    i know we love the horns, but unlike me, who has to cover this team, who has to talk to players and listen to coachspeak, you guys can bail, and i would never blame anyone who does on this team.

They do not deserve your loyalty, and today is certainly the final straw to any who value their sanity. Check back in after march for the 2009 news.

It appears that the jump they got from linehan being thrown under the bus was like a terminal cancer patient having a slight recovery from chemo before the ultimate end.

There should be a great number of players, and pretty much all of the over 30 group, should be looking for work in 2009.

It clearly is time to rid this squad of all the dead weight from the zygmunt era. There are very few players i would see as necessary for the future of this team, and even some of the young guys would be on a short leash.

On offense, you keep the young receivers, draft another perhaps, and say bye bye to holt, looker and bennett.

I'd keep mcmichael if he is healthy, but you lose klop and becht, and draft a te this year ( it's a solid year at that pos.)

jackson stays, as he must, but leonard, no longer physically able to be a blocker or st player, as well as pittman and minor, gotta go. You have to either draft a rb on day one, or trade for a speedy backup with potential.

That's assuming you don't find the guy in darby, who should be the feature back when jackson is out.

On the line, i would say you either have to keep pace, or sign a top fa lt. Then you tell barron, a real flatliner, to seek work elsewhere. Now you must draft a tackle early in the draft, hopefully able to get one at the top of round two, as there are not really any pace types in this draft.

You also must either sign, trade for, or draft a big, tough center. Usually you can get a good one at the top of round three.

I keep incognito, and at least if we lose, we won't get punked by other team's tough guys as much with him out there. And if we are losing like today and he wants to get something going, i say let him go do it.

I also have to keep bell because of his deal, and make sure he is aware he will be cut in 2010 if he doesn't play to his salary. I also make sure greco gets a shot to beat him out, and also setterstrom if he can come back.

On defense, i'd cut chavous tomorrow, and play bassey and johnson, or moce o.j to ss and see if he is better or worse than at fs.

I'd keep brown and bartell, and do everything i could to make them backups before next season. I'd say the same thing to hill i did to bell. Play like a #1 or you'll be gone soon.

I'd draft a cb in round one or two, and look to sign a top fa as a priority.

O.j stays, with a new deal, and i draft at least one ss and look for a veteran that can at least play the run.

I'd keep pisa, but find another guy to rotate on that side and keep him fresher, perhaps a draft pick that's a tweener de/lb to use on blitzes. You can get those guys in round three or four.

Witherspoon moves to the strong side, and you sign or draft a mlb, mabe even in round one if a cb is not a real option that high. I would look at a big , mean , angry mlb type, like say... Rey mauluga from usc.

You keep q, chamberlain, draft, stills, verbora (all good st ) as backups.

On the line, you keep long, little, ryan, adeyanju, and tell carriker he too better start performing, and you look for help at pass rush end and run stopping tackle in the draft and fa.

And of course you keep jones and brown and massey, the best of the team.

Oh, i forgot... Bulger is your backup qb. That means you have to sign, draft, or trade for one.

all of this is highly unlikely!!! Get used to the new detroit lions of the nfl!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

I wanna make a full reply,

but i'm just sick at the moment.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    I know we love the horns, but unlike me, who HAS to cover this team, who HAS to talk to players and listen to coachspeak, you guys can bail, and I would never blame anyone who does on this team.
    That opening sentence doesn't put you in a favourable light, I'm afraid. Although you try to redeem yourself in the next paragraph, no true fan ever bails on his/her team.

As for the needs, you're spot-on; however, we can't draft all the players we need in one go and we'll need to prioritise.

I'd get all the rookies playing for the rest of this year, to see if they have any potential at all. Then we can re-assess the situation.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Barry, I would never bail on the Rams I am A fan for life,but I do agree with everything else you said,good post.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post

They do not deserve your loyalty, and today is certainly the final straw to any who value their sanity. Check back in after March for the 2009 news.

It appears that the jump they got from Linehan being thrown under the bus was like a terminal cancer patient having a slight recovery from chemo before the ultimate end.

It clearly is time to rid this squad of all the dead weight from the Zygmunt era. There are very few players I would see as necessary for the future of this team, and even some of the young guys would be on a short leash.

On offense, you keep the young receivers, draft another perhaps, and say bye bye to Holt, Looker and Bennett.

I'd keep McMichael if he is healthy, but you lose Klop and Becht, and draft a TE this year ( It's a solid year at that pos.)

Jackson stays, as he must, but Leonard, no longer physically able to be a blocker or ST player, as well as Pittman and Minor, gotta go. You have to either draft a RB on day one, or trade for a speedy backup with potential.

That's assuming you don't find the guy in Darby, who should be the feature back when Jackson is out.

On the line, I would say you either have to keep Pace, or sign a top FA LT. Then you tell Barron, a real flatliner, to seek work elsewhere. Now you must draft a tackle early in the draft, hopefully able to get one at the top of round two, as there are not really any Pace types in this draft.

You also MUST either sign, trade for, or draft a big, tough center. Usually you can get a good one at the top of round three.

I keep Incognito, and at least if we lose, we won't get punked by other team's tough guys as much with him out there. And if we are losing like today and he wants to get something going, I say let him go do it.

I also have to keep Bell because of his deal, and make sure he is aware he will be cut in 2010 if he doesn't play to his salary. I also make sure Greco gets a shot to beat him out, and also Setterstrom if he can come back.

On defense, I'd cut Chavous tomorrow, and play BAssey and Johnson, or moce O.J to SS and see if he is better or worse than at FS.

I'd keep Brown and Bartell, and do everything I could to make them backups before next season. I'd say the same thing to Hill I did to Bell. Play like a #1 or you'll be gone soon.

I'd draft a CB in round one or two, and look to sign a top FA as a priority.

O.J stays, with a new deal, and I draft at least one SS and look for a veteran that can at least play the run.

I'd keep Pisa, but find another guy to rotate on that side and keep him fresher, perhaps a draft pick that's a tweener DE/LB to use on blitzes. You can get those guys in round three or four.

Witherspoon moves to the strong side, and you sign or draft a MLB, mabe even in round one if a CB is not a real option that high. I would look at a big , mean , angry MLB type, like say... Rey Mauluga from USC.

You keep Q, Chamberlain, Draft, Stills, Verbora (All good ST ) as backups.

On the line, you keep Long, Little, Ryan, Adeyanju, and tell Carriker he too better start performing, and you look for help at pass rush end and run stopping tackle in the draft and FA.

And of course you keep Jones and Brown and Massey, the best of the team.

Oh, I forgot... Bulger is your BACKUP QB. That means you have to sign, draft, or trade for one.

Draft a CB in the first round?? I know our corners suck big time, but we have much greater needs.

Darby, Pittman, Minor is gone.

O.J cannot play SS. A SS has to be physical and be able to tackle. O.J gets juked so much he can't tackle a 4 year old...

I would rather get Oher, Smith, Monroe, Maulauga, or Laurinaitis in round one then Vontae Davis or Jenkins...

I don't think we have any draft picks we can use on a QB. Maybe a third or fourth rounder.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Is it even feasible to think that all of this can get done during one off season?

Not only is this a tall order under normal circumstances, it seemingly becomes impossible, since the Rams could be going into transition at the head coach, gm and ownership levels.

And if the transition comes about there will be time during the short offseason to get everyone on the same page and put together this tall roster order?

Chances are higher that the economy turns around quicker than the Rams!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

The only way I can see ALL of this happening is, we trade all our 2010 picks for 2009 picks and players.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I say we dump all the vets we can, try and pick up as many draft picks as possible ala KC Chiefs or Atlanta Falcons. Pick up a 1st or 2nd rd QB, start him from day 1. Let him develop some rapport with the young WRs. Lets get this rebuilding process started. We have some young talent but this organization needs a complete shakedown from top to bottom.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

To be fair, Favre only threw for 167 yards and 1 TD. I don't think you hang this one on the corners. The defensive line got brutalized out there, and the linebackers only seemed to be making tackles way downfield.

As bad as the defense was, the offense was arguably worse with 5 turnovers and very little movement forward. Aside from the interception return (which was obviously the offense's fault), the Jets offense also started inside St. Louis territory on every drive in the second quarter. Darby was actually a bit of a surprise given the fact that he was signed off another team's practice squad a few weeks ago. Other than that, there were a lot of dropped balls, passes thrown sooner than the receivers were expecting them, and more of the shoddy play on the line that we've come to expect. Ugh, it was bad!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Only the world's biggest optimist could find a positive in this turd. Don't talk to me about supporting our team and not bailing- I've supported this team through a lot- but today was the worst possible performance in two years worth of bad efforts. I sat in disgust in the Meadowlands today as we racked up a 40-0 halftime deficit. I won't watch them again this season. When they can play competitive football and act as if they give a sh##, I'll watch them again. Until then, I'll find other things to occupy my Sundays. The last three games I've gone to they've lost 15-0, 22-3, and 47-3. Enough said. Why bother with the aggrevation of seeing this team lay down like a bunch of dogs every week? I won't spend another minute watching them or another dime on tickets. The good will garnered in wins over Dallas and Washington is long gone; they are WORSE than they were at the start of the season- if that's humanly possible.

I'm so disgusted with this team right now it's not even funny. Blow this entire coaching staff and roster up completely- nothing short of that will make a difference.

Truth is offline Registered User

I won't give up on the Rams either. Although, I do NOT agree with drafting all skill players without FIRST fixing the lines. Fix the lines, then pick-up the players needed to take advantage of the strength up front.

I agree that a new QB needs to be drafted. Drafted for the future. However, putting a rookie in behind our current line isn't just pointless, it's the most idiotic, moronic, asinine, batty, daft, dumb, foolhardy, imbecilic, inane, lunatic, sensless, and unintelligent idea ever conceived of by man or beast.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I won't give up on the Rams either. Although, I do NOT agree with drafting all skill players without FIRST fixing the lines. Fix the lines, then pick-up the players needed to take advantage of the strength up front.
    Agreed, on both points. It's just not in my nature to give up on my team when they're down, even way down. I made it through everything that happened in the 90's, I'll make it through what's going on now. Fixing the lines before going through a complete re-tooling makes perfect sense to me too.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I agree that a new QB needs to be drafted. Drafted for the future. However, putting a rookie in behind our current line isn't just pointless, it's the most idiotic, moronic, asinine, batty, daft, dumb, foolhardy, imbecilic, inane, lunatic, sensless, and unintelligent idea ever conceived of by man or beast.

Even Jamie Martin had decent numbers behind a decent OL!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Could not have said it better myself.
    Just Fix It

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast