Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pikers is offline Registered User

Re: Fans Save Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I won't give up on the Rams either. Although, I do NOT agree with drafting all skill players without FIRST fixing the lines. Fix the lines, then pick-up the players needed to take advantage of the strength up front.

I agree that a new QB needs to be drafted. Drafted for the future. However, putting a rookie in behind our current line isn't just pointless, it's the most idiotic, moronic, asinine, batty, daft, dumb, foolhardy, imbecilic, inane, lunatic, sensless, and unintelligent idea ever conceived of by man or beast.
    It isn't the QB. It's the O-Line. Bulger is totally gunshy right now, causing him to throw off the back foot and move while throwing.

Fact is, he's too expensive NOT to start. We either play him, trade him, or release him. I'm fine with Green mentoring a draft pick, and in two years have them compete in camp for the starter's role, ala Warner and Leinert.

But before we go there, I really think the lines need to be revamped. Sorry to be Captain Obvious, but I just thought it would be useful to interject a little reason prior to jettisoning a 66 million dollar QB.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Even if we fix the O-line, I do not know that Bulger has what it takes anymore. He flashes (Dallas game) but as far as a consistent performer, I think he has taken too many hits. I cannot blame Bulger for where he is these days, but still, it doesn't get the job done.

As far as bailing, not a chance. I'm already planning for the Bash for next year. I bought a Rams gazebo this week so maybe we can have the first ClanRam tailgate on Sunday morning before the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I'm not sure why this thread has to turn into a QB debate?

Anyways, nothing will get fixed until the IDIOTS that run this franchise are removed from power.

BEER is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Fans Save Yourself

In five or six years i have not missed one game. I fly to Seattle every year
    to see that game in person. But not this year. I skipped Seattle and missed
    my first game watching on tv. I went Shooting and had a great time, thank
    god i did. La Ram fans know how to wait, can you St Louis.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I'm not sure why this thread has to turn into a QB debate?

Anyways, nothing will get fixed until the IDIOTS that run this franchise are removed from power.
    As for myself. I wanted to head off the "if Bulger had a line" speculation that could pop up. We do need to fix the line. We need another QB. If you think about it, even Jackson has only had one good season.

I do agree that we need to clean house of the idiots of which you have indicated.

Regardless of the player, they have to hold onto the damn ball. I cannot blame Bulger for his fumble, but some of those other turnovers were inexcusable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eldfan is offline Registered User

Major overhaul has to be done. We have to prepare for a future QB change. There is so many holes it looks like it will be a long time before we can compete again.
    :ramlogo:

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Well Jack, since you have the gazeebo and all ,I guess we might make it next year. As for turning my back on my team? Never. I can be embarrassed for them and mad at them all I want, but will never stop being a true fan. If I did not have tickets already, I may not have bought tickets to see them, but I would still have watched them on TV. So we will be there with Red and others next Sunday to enjoy each others company and hope for the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    I know we love the horns, but unlike me, who HAS to cover this team, who HAS to talk to players and listen to coachspeak, you guys can bail, and I would never blame anyone who does on this team.

They do not deserve your loyalty, and today is certainly the final straw to any who value their sanity. Check back in after March for the 2009 news.

It appears that the jump they got from Linehan being thrown under the bus was like a terminal cancer patient having a slight recovery from chemo before the ultimate end.

There should be a great number of players, and pretty much all of the over 30 group, should be looking for work in 2009.
    Hey Barry you don't have to do anything. You can quit on them. You don't have to cover them or talk to them. You have free will in this life.

At this point I doubt there are going to be many people bailing on them, but there is plenty of suffering to go around.

I really bought into the good games that we had against the skins and the boys, but those appear to have been some sort of fluke. I guess this is really going to be an ugly season.

At least we are in the easy part of the schedule now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by Truth
    I won't give up on the Rams either. Although, I do NOT agree with drafting all skill players without FIRST fixing the lines. Fix the lines, then pick-up the players needed to take advantage of the strength up front.

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    Agreed, on both points. It's just not in my nature to give up on my team when they're down, even way down. I made it through everything that happened in the 90's, I'll make it through what's going on now. Fixing the lines before going through a complete re-tooling makes perfect sense to me too.

Enough said. Agreed.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I'm sure Barry didn't mean that you no longer be fans, but simply there's no reason to spend money to go to a game, or even watch them on TV or listen on the radio (if you have anything else to do, like trim your toe nails).

I was considering going to the game in Phoenix, but not now. I will go to the whiner game in SF only because I already have the tickets and it's been a tradition for me to go every year no matter what. In fact, my season with the Rams has come down to what it has many times before it, just beat the whiners, that's all I ask.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

FiRST of all you dont HAVE to do anything sir, 2nd of all the only thing worse than watching your disgraceful team get punked for the past couple of seasons is bailing....

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

even when the Rams are losing, id never bail on them
    i chose to follow this team and follow this team i will

i dont think a massive major overhaul is needed. look at Miami. they were terrible last year and now they are competing in every single game they play, and they didnt change too many things

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Yeah they just brought in.... oh what was that one guys name? Didn't he used to be a coach??? Highly respected in the league.

Oh thats right! Bill Parcells! Whats he do for them? I dont think he coaches anymore...

There we go, I got it! Let's have someone that knows something more about football than how the salary cap works decide who is gonna be on our team. And heres an idea, lets get someone who didn't put together a 4-12 team before getting fired for someone who made the Falcons a contender in the NFC South!

DISCLAIMER: Billy Devaney put together a heck of a draft it looks like so far, but I'm not about to believe this guy can turn us around just yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12