Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rampower is offline Registered User

Fantastic Victory

Now did we look good or did we look good. Now that was a fantastic victory. 3-0 3-0 3-0!!!!! Today we played like champions.
    Lets hope its a good sign for the future.

3-0

:cool:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rampower...

That was RAMPOWER alright! ...A-N-D displayed against a very good Miami team.

Ram defense looked great! Why, they even helped the fins with some serious penalties (Fletcher, Williams).

Ram offensive line was simply superb, suuuuperb! What's amazing and awesome is that Ram offense will most likely get even better...

I believe I saw someone here in the Clan predict we were going to win by "12" over the Miami Mammals. That's ok! We all make mistakes.

GO SUPERAMS!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-01-2001 at 12:07 AM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    I'm really starting to get sick of all this talk about how these so called "great defenses" can stop the Rams. Only the Rams seem to be able to stop the Rams. Remember in 99 we stayed healthy, that is what we need to do this year. How about Polley stepping up and having a great game while Fields is hurt! Arch looked great today on a few passing plays, especially the time he came down and help double team Gadsen. Really was impressed with Bly, had great coverage all day. Wistrom's speed on the D line was really noticeable. Great D against the run, really plugged the holes. Hey, the D held them to just 10 points!! That just made the Rams that much more nasty to play.

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Talking

The greatest show on Earth is back!Man,did our Rams make a statement or what?Just brings more meaning to the question:Who you gonna cover?Our defense looked great.We showed the complete package today,and I believe we are just getting started.Next week we have what looks to be an easy game,but I'm willing to bet the Rams wont take Detroit lightly.Our Rams are becoming a mature football team.

GO RAMS!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Good point Guitarboy51.

This 2001 Rams team is, as the cliche goes, 'coming of age' as a group -- stars, rookies, new coaches and all. They're a clear indication of what a Championship Caliber team in the NFL is all about; and yes, they're in for the long haul!

Up next: Detroit. You're also right, not one member in this great herd of Bighorn will take the Lions lightly. Did you see what happened today in New England -- who would have guessed the Patriots taming a bunch of high-profile Colts!

No, the Rams won't take the Lions lightly. They'll stampede and smack those felines hard in Detroit Monday night!

I trust Martz and company will be well prepared and ready for that matchup; can't afford to underestimate anybody in the NFL.

GO RAMS!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-01-2001 at 11:22 AM.

hat
    hat is offline Registered User

Talking An Awesome Display!

Yes I know that word is overused but I propose that in the football world today's performance was the epitamy of "awesome". One of the most exciting things was Torry Holt's display of his DB skills when he saved an interception for the team. This team is UNIFIED which makes them even more of a threat (they are the anti-vikings)

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User

Talking

Rams know better than to underestimate. They'll blow them away, no doubt. No charity with nasty penalties this time. No more shooting ourselves in the foot. (The type of penalties they got this time do show they are playing with passion though. A good thing when under control.)

What a way to start a week. A feeling I hope will last the season. Makes you want to pat them all on the back in person.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

longhornrams is offline Registered User

Best Game since????

Without a doubt the best game since Mike took over as head coach...I would argue we were the most dominant since the Vikings playoff in '99.

A few key observations:

1) Other than the blitz that Marshall missed, and the rollout (I'll call it "The Catch" b/c it looked just like Montana to Clark) to end the 1st Half, Kurt wasn't hit much at all. Martz gave Adam Timmerman a game ball last week in S.F.; the whole O-Line deserves it this week

2) We are getting great D-Line play from Zgonia, Ahonatu, and Young, three guys no one thought would do anything. Wistrom, Little, and Lewis are rounding into form....but where is Pickett, our other 1st round pick? Is he going to be a bust?

3) Can you say enough about "The Greatest Show on Earth?" Don't know about you, but I'm starting to EXPECT TD's every time we get the ball, and its almost a surprise if we punt.

4) Detroit should be a pushover (7 INT's for Detmer), but remember the game two years ago. They'll be flying b/c its Monday night and their home opener. Great chance for the whole country to see what we can do.

GO RAMS and Hook 'Em Horns (Sooners Su*k!)

stlouy is offline Registered User

Thumbs up *Max Q*....*The Termites*....

I love it! New catch phrases this year.

"The Dolphins didn't have a front-four rusher get close enough to blow air on Warner. Without any pressure, Holt, Bruce, Proehl and the rest of the receivers will eat up a secondary -- no matter what coverage.

That's why they call themselves The Termites.

"We just keep chewing you up," Holt said.

On this day, they ate right through one of the best defensive foundations in the league, causing it to crumble into a big pile of nothing. "
    ...........................................................................................

"Max Q is an aerospace term used by NASA and adopted by the Rams this season. Loosely translated, it means maximizing potential. On Sunday, the Rams' offense did just that, putting the proud Miami defense into orbit. "

What a game! Ya just cannot say enough about the way our team preformed Sunday. Total dominance on both sides of the ball.....Shut down corners? Hey Finfan that's a joke!

AJD45 is offline Registered User

no niners please

Originally posted by longhornrams
    the rollout (I'll call it "The Catch" b/c it looked just like Montana to Clark) to end the 1st Half
    I don't mean to quibble, and perhaps I'm being a little sensitive after hearing Bay Area worshipper John Madden dredge up the Warner-Montana comparison 5 seconds into the Rams game, but I have to disagree with this take. The Montana-Clark play was a fluke, given that Montana was trying to throw the ball out of bounds but given the pursuit and his notorious weenie-arm the throw didn't clear the endzone. Serendipity brought the ball to Clark. The rollout by Warner was pure guts. He threw that guy off him then gunned the ball in, and Marshall made a great catch. And word to Madden: stuff the Montana comparisons. If you have to compare him to someone, do it with the big guns like Marino and Fouts.

-AJD
    Lifelong Niner-hater

LOL: alllrite AJD45! Ha-ha-ha! Very good! Yeaaaah!

Yeah! GO RAMS!!!

longhornrams is offline Registered User

Still a question

OK, I'll stop w/ the references to Joe Montana.

Seriously, though, what about our rookie class? Although they've only played 3 games, what do you think of our defensive picks?

Here's my grades:

Dameyune Lewis: B+. A stopper in the middle, Pressure (and a sack) on Garcia, but not yet an everyday player. Will he be the "Warren Sapp" of Lovie's scheme? Maybe

Adam Archuleta: B. Clearly an force on run support. No doubt he'll be a good cover safety in cover 2 eventually, but still a lot to learn back there. Good that he'll be taught by two Pro-Bowlers in Herring and Aeneas.

Tommy Polley: A-. Stepped up and took over with little loss from Mark Fields. This guy might really be able to play!

Brian Allen: Undecided. He's made some special teams plays, and the P-D is reporting he'll be London's backup now that the team has added Dustin Cohen off the practice squad as an OLB. We'll see when he gets some game action.

And I need help w/ Ryan Pickett. Any ideas?
    "I'm from the Lou and I'm Proud"....Nelly

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    I think it's too early to say.

BUT and it's a big BUT here's my thoughts so far

LEWIS- he hasn't lived up to the hype and has a lot to learn but that defensive rotation is working well .

ARCHULETA - given the change in position, he has been a revelation. I was worried we'd picked a developmental pick that would end up a blow out but no worries now. This guy will go to the Pro Bowl, but not this year.

POLLEY - very impressive in place of Fields but I'll be happier when Fields is back.

ALLEN - wait & see

PICKETT- disappointed to see him as an inactive , looks like he's got a lot to learn. He's getting squeezed by the number of D linemen we're carrying. But he's young and there's plenty of time for him to become a force.

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

stlouy is offline Registered User

C'mon ClanRAMS...

No mention of Young? :confused: Lewis won't get a start anytime soon the way Brian is playing.

Polley looked awesome out there. I like Fields but Polley will give him a run for the money.

Williams is havind a huge impact on our rookies & vets alike, IMO.
    Dex is playing much more like a hard hitting all pro.

Go RAMS!!!!

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    Thanks for mentioning Young, stlouy. An up-and-coming defensive star in the making.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast