Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Fassel,Henderson,Shell,Kiffin, Lewis,Linehan,Johnson,Rivera,Zimmer and Whisenhunt...

With apologies to any whose HC candidature I might have missed, those who have heard me rant aimlessly about Mr Shaw before, and those who have posted similar threads and comments (there's been a lot of comments about broken records recently), there's something that strikes me as strange here.

And it's this...............

If Bernie is to be believed, (and I'm revising that on a day to day basis) then Mr Shaw had been preparing for a least 2 months for his HC search. He'd made up his mind about Martz, he'd done background checks, he'd resolved on what he saw as the future direction of the Rams and he knew what he wanted in a candidate.

Bernie was pleased along with many others, because it meant that Shaw was disproving those 'dysfunctional' comments previously aired by Bernie himself. It meant that we would prove to ourselves and the NFL that our front office really was that hothouse of administrative genius it was acclaimed for after our SB win, not the poorhouse of ideas it was in the 90's. It meant that any HC candidate could be happy knowing that they would have been approached because the FO thought they were a true fit for the Rams and that the Rams liked what they had to offer.

The problem is.........that list of names is a little too long for me to believe any of the above.

I'm aware of the benefits of being thorough and having been at both ends of searches like this, as many of us, if you are truly settled on the direction of your endeavour and comfortable with yourselves and what you want to achieve from any vacant position then you SHORTlist candidates.

I'm getting nervous about this.............anyone else?

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: Fassel,Henderson,Shell,Kiffin, Lewis,Linehan,Johnson,Rivera,Zimmer and Whisenhunt...

are you suggesting that our FO is useless unprofessional and they improvise?
    If that is what you suggest, let me tell you something . . . you are right.
    First of all you don't let MM leave the way he leaves, after that everything is downfall

God help us next season

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Fassel,Henderson,Shell,Kiffin, Lewis,Linehan,Johnson,Rivera,Zimmer and Whisenhunt...

I hope they're just killing time [to keep the media off their backs] until Ron Rivera is available.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    I hope they're just killing time [to keep the media off their backs] until Ron Rivera is available.
    I've got to believe this is the case.

With the exception of Whisenhunt, every name mentioned is currently available.....except Rivera. It seems to me if the FO were ready to hire someone other than Rivera, the opportunity is there. For example, if Linehan were really the man (as some in the media have suggested), there's nothing stopping Shawgmunt from bringing him on today. But if Rivera is the man, might as well bring in some warm bodies to talk to until the Bears lose.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rampete is offline Registered User

my money is on the ruse explanation...

shaw and zygmunt are too well seasoned and prepared to allow the selection process seem so directionless...

hehe...

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Fassel,Henderson,Shell,Kiffin, Lewis,Linehan,Johnson,Rivera,Zimmer and Whisenhunt

If they sign Rivera later, they are forgiven and they will gain a lot of respect. In the mean time, one concern is that one of these lesser candidates will blow up their dresses and they're fall for it.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Yes Iam not feeling good about whats seems to be going on .... I just hope that Rivera ... The (Q) that Shaw is asking are unbelieveable if its true Wow

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I don't feel good about whats going on either. I mean if we get Rivera and he does a good job next year we could lock him up long term since he is a young buck. I definetly choose Rivera over anyone!
    RamsFan16