Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Faulk on 1380 ESPN AM (St. Louis)

from Bernie:

He had a lot to say:

*"If the Rams draft a wide receiver in the first round, it will be a travesty. And I say that as a fan."

*On the state of the Rams defense, and the offseason effort to improve it:
    "Have to be disappointed about where that defense is and what they're getting accomplished."

*On Will Witherspoon: "He's one of the best weak-side linebackers in the league, but at middle linebacker he gets lost."

*He says the Rams don't have "that great player on defense, where the other team looks over and says, "we have to stop that guy."

Faulk remains very much interested in joining the Rams front office as a personnel man....said he had a "great conversation" with John Shaw about the opportunity and will revisit it with Shaw late in the season, to "see where we can go with this" for 2008.

--B

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Faulk on 1380 ESPN AM (St. Louis)

i would love to ask faulk his opinion of leonard little, who i believe is a superstar and teams do game plan against every week by double teaming him constantly. The rest of his comments are interesting, i dont know what he thinks we should have done defensively this off season, which guys should we have gone after that would have made a difference.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

one last point. Public comments that are in any way critical of the rams front office, even if he is correct, are not the best way for him to get a job with the rams. He is in effect criticizing the same people that would have to hire him and that generally doesnt work too well in any profession.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Maybe the party he is criticizing is the party he hopes to replace. >8)

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    one last point. Public comments that are in any way critical of the rams front office, even if he is correct, are not the best way for him to get a job with the rams. He is in effect criticizing the same people that would have to hire him and that generally doesnt work too well in any profession.
    That all depends if they are looking for a "yes" man or if they are open to change. Critical comments are not always a bad thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Its nice that he shows concern for the team. Means a lot to him, I think it'd be pretty cool seeing him in the FO. The more I think about it, the more it sounds like a good idea. Why give up on someone who clearly wants to help this organization and also just happens to be a genius in the football world. Now, does that mean he can scout well, and get contracts done or whatever? I don't know, but I'm sure Shaw will show him the ropes if he really does get a job in the front office...very cool. Although, I too would like to see what he says about LL

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

i would love to ask faulk his opinion of leonard little, who i believe is a superstar and teams do game plan against every week by double teaming him constantly. The rest of his comments are interesting, i dont know what he thinks we should have done defensively this off season, which guys should we have gone after that would have made a difference.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    You stole my thunder GC, That's exactly what I was thinking while reading Mr. Faulks opinions.:r :r

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

*On Will Witherspoon: "He's one of the best weak-side linebackers in the league, but at middle linebacker he gets lost."
    I believe Coach Linehan and Coach Venturi would disagree, as they have ranked Spoon among the top 10 MIKEs in the league.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I believe Coach Linehan and Coach Venturi would disagree, as they have ranked Spoon among the top 10 MIKEs in the league.
    I'll take Marshall's word for it. If he says Spoon isn't a good MLB, he isn't. You can exploit the middle, teams did it quite often on the Rams last year. Wow, I hope the NFC is a weak this year as it was last year.

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I'll take Marshall's word for it. If he says Spoon isn't a good MLB, he isn't. You can exploit the middle, teams did it quite often on the Rams last year. Wow, I hope the NFC is a weak this year as it was last year.
    However, they exploited the middle because of the situation at DT, not MLB.

The reverse of that is Miami. Zack Thomas functions well because the DL does its job. If anything he is smaller than Witherspoon, and certainly not as fast.

our new friend mr znrd makes a very fair point i think. I remember ray lewis complaining that the defensive tackles werent keeping the blockers off of him after the goose left.

However, my knowledge is not in the same hemisphere as marshall's.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

our new friend mr znrd makes a very fair point i think. I remember ray lewis complaining that the defensive tackles werent keeping the blockers off of him after the goose left.

However, my knowledge is not in the same hemisphere as marshall's.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Let's be fair gc,not many could ever match Marshall for knowledge in the world of football.But I do agree with your point about Ray Lewis,and in general for LB'ers to perform to the optimim they need to be free to fly to the ball.I'm still somewhat un-decided about 'Spoon in the middle,but I would say to his defense it was his 1st season playing at that position and it will take him some time to adjust to all the different nuances that playing the middle brings..

I look at it this way, who really makes more plays...the NT or the MLB? I believe the MLB. So, if Spoon really isn't a MLB but an outstanding WLB, go get a MLB, put one of your most expensive defensive players in a position where he feels most comfortable and play him at WLB and draft a third or fourth rounder from some small school who is big enough to block the first fifteen rows of fans view of Georgia's hair on the sidelines and play ball.

i hear you tx, the problem is that finding someone to take up those blockers is so difficult in the nfl as we all know. Mere bulk alone certainly doesnt get it done.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

This is getting worse than the chicken or the egg scenario. We need a NT before a LB but if the NT's are gone do we go to DE? Heck, before it's all over I'll probably have a good argument why we should draft r8trh8trmike......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast