Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Faulk to go on IR, Bennett soon a Ram

Bernie, what are chances Faulk show's up for training camp?

He'll show up and then be placed on IR after the appropriate waiting time.

He's nowhere close to playing shape -- knee, weight or otherwise.

Michael Bennett will be a Ram soon enough.

--B

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Faulk to go on IR, Bennett soon a Ram

So the line up would be 1. Steven Jackson, 2. Micheal Bennett, 3. Tony Fisher?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Have they signed Bennett yet? I wonder if any of the draftees will make an impression during camp.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    That would be my guess. Linehan would likely favor Bennett as the #2 back above Fisher due to past experience and familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Have they signed Bennett yet?
    Um, Michael Bennett is a vet running back who was signed by New Orleans earlier this spring. Bernie is implying that there will soon be a trade by the Rams to acquire him.

What would we trade for Bennett? would we trade like that other RB we got Paul Smith? Or we could trade a CB scine they lost Fakhir Brown. We will probably trade before the coaches cut players to make the final roster. And if we do get Bennett this would most likely mean that Faulk is retiring.
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-11-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

What would we trade for Bennett? would we trade like that other RB we got Paul Smith? Or we could trade a CB scine they lost Fakhir Brown.
    My first thought would be that we'd trade a draft pick, but now that you mention the CB idea...wasn't there a rumor a while back that we were shopping Travis Fisher? Just a thought. Paul Smith probably wouldn't represent enough value to get Bennett. Bennett has had more carries in each season he has played than Smith has had total in his 6 year career.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Why are we saying that Bennett is on the team anyways? We haven't gotten him through a trade or signed him or anything, hold your horses people.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

What would we trade for Bennett? would we trade like that other RB we got Paul Smith? Or we could trade a CB scine they lost Fakhir Brown. We will probably trade before the coaches cut players to make the final roster. And if we do get Bennett this would most likely mean that Faulk is retiring.
    No one in their right mind would trade Michael Bennett for Paul Smith.

A cornerback is a possibility but I wouldn't consider it likely given their offseason moves. The Saints claimed Joey Thomas off of waivers in November, and then acquired two rookie corners in Anwar Phillips and Josh Lay.

Plus they have the deepest safety group known to man, some of whom may be able to come up and play in the nickel, so their secondary is probably not in a condition where they'd consider losing Bennett for Travis Fisher.

If the trade goes through, I'd put my money on a draft pick, hopefully no higher than a fourth or fifth rounder, but likely the former. Rather unfortunate, especially when you consider we could have signed Bennett as a free agent in mid-March. Kind of sounds like the Ragone situation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    Why are we saying that Bennett is on the team anyways?
    Where in this thread did someone say Bennett was already on the team? Please let me know.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I saw on ESPN today that FAULK will give an answer to his future plans within 10 days.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

That's what I meant before, Nick. Sorry about that. I'm just saying, we're all acting as if its already a done deal, like NOTHING happened yet so lets just all calm down about Bennett.

I meant that So if we got him the line up would be 1. Steven Jackson, 2. Micheal Bennett, 3. Tony Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    I'm just saying, we're all acting as if its already a done deal
    Yeah that's the thing, no one's acting as if it's a done or already completed deal. At all.

When people ask what the line up would be, they're referring to a future hypothetical. As in, one that hasn't happened yet.

If someone was acting as if it's already happened, they'd be asking what the line up is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Yeah that's the thing, no one's acting as if it's a done or already completed deal. At all.

When people ask what the line up would be, they're referring to a future hypothetical. As in, one that hasn't happened yet.

If someone was acting as if it's already happened, they'd be asking what the line up is.
    Sorry, I misread than. I thought they were all saying "oh ok, so Bennett is gonna do this for the team, and that, and also this too." I apologize for that, my mistake.

rams#1 Guest

I dont want Bennett, it will be a waste of money and a wasted pick, I will take my chances with tony fisher as the backup.

-God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1
    I dont want Bennett, it will be a waste of money and a wasted pick, I will take my chances with tony fisher as the backup.
    You typically need more than two running backs on your active roster, and should Faulk get placed on IR, the Rams would only have two. Unless you're telling me that you're counting on Antoine Bagwell or John David Washington to fill our #3 running back spot, and I'm really not sure I like those prospects either. For all we know, we could be heading into another 2003 season where our third RB gets 80+ carries and has to start a couple games. Ultimately the Bennett deal, should it go through, is going to be graded primarily on compensation, but don't underestimate the importance of having a deep backfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast