Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rip32 is offline Registered User

Faulk to the Lions????

The Detroit News asked Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, the former head coach in St. Louis, if he would consider bringing RB Marshall Faulk to Detroit to play for the Lions in 2007. Martz was excited about the possibility. "Shoot, I'd ride a bicycle up to pick him up," Martz said "Are you kidding? I'd welcome that. Wouldn't that be fun, seeing (No.) 28 running down the field?"
    Faulk is technically property of the Rams (on their PUP list). But the fact that Faulk is being thought of in Detroit, where they could be without RB Kevin Jones for the next year, is significant.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Faulk to the Lions????

They can have him. He was the best back in the league five years ago, but now he's done.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd be anxious to see what the Lions would offer in a trade.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    They can have him. He was the best back in the league five years ago, but now he's done.
    Frankly I'm offended by that!

It's not even about what he can or cannot do on the field now. Having Faulk play for another team than the Rams now would be like trading Isaac Bruce for a measly draft pick or selling our Lombardi trophy to the 49'ers. If the pick was high enough it might make sense looking at it "objectively" or even if we got enough cash from San Fran some people might be willing to do that too, but there's more to football than that. Players like Bruce, Holt, Faulk etc. they're such an integral part of what the Rams "are" to me, and I assume and hope to most Rams fans? For the guys who're older fans than me, what did it feel like when Dickerson changed teams? That's the thing, when I root for the Rams I'm not just rooting for a blue and gold uniform or a cartoonish logo, I'm rooting for Bulger, for Jackson, for Holt! What is a football team really if not the players on it? Then it's just some abstract concept peddled by big-business suits so they can each buy that fifth Rolls Royce they "need". Faulk is forever part of the soul of the Rams, part of Ram lore, he cannot play for another team. Luckily Faulk seems to agree, he has said numerous times that he will not play for another team than the Rams.

When we cut Warner was the first thing you thought about the dead money from the cap hit? The first thing I thought about was how sad to see a legend like that fall and how it would feel to see the man who won the Superbowl for us play for another team. I really hope you didn't think too much about that remark, because if that is truly how you feel, then I feel sorry for you.

Edit: this post goes out to Nick as well, or anyone else who's thought along the lines expressed in those posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    It's not even about what he can or cannot do on the field now.
    Yes it most certainly is. When he's taking up cap space and a spot on the active roster that could go to someone else who may be able to contribute more at a more needed position, then it most definitely is about what he can and cannot do on the field.

If you want this team to improve, you have to look objectively at the talent that's on it. Wanting to keep guys past their prime simply because of the memories they provided is not going to help this team succeed in the future, and as a fan of this team, my ultimate desire is to see them succeed.

There is a place for Marshall Faulk, and it's not the Rams roster but rather the Hall of Fame. If Faulk wants to delay his arrival, he's more than welcome to. But the Rams need to move on, IMO.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Here's the thing for me. If Marshall is fit to play according to the Rams medical staff than he stays. Marshall is more than a player on the field ( still a better than average one) he's a team leader. Marshall is better than average at everything he does. His knowledge and recognition of situations on and off the field are priceless. So, no I don't want this guy in an opposing uniform, not for anything. Even if he's used as a third down back only. HE STAYS...

It's hard to believe anyone would give up on this guy......

MARSHALL, MARSHALL, MARSHALL FAULK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yes it most certainly is. When he's taking up cap space and a spot on the active roster that could go to someone else who may be able to contribute more at a more needed position, then it most definitely is about what he can and cannot do on the field.

If you want this team to improve, you have to look objectively at the talent that's on it. Wanting to keep guys past their prime simply because of the memories they provided is not going to help this team succeed in the future, and as a fan of this team, my ultimate desire is to see them succeed.

There is a place for Marshall Faulk, and it's not the Rams roster but rather the Hall of Fame. If Faulk wants to delay his arrival, he's more than welcome to. But the Rams need to move on, IMO.
    Marshall Faulk is a St Louis Ram ?? Then why is this thread in the NFL talk forum and not Ram Talk? Embarrassing to me, how soon we forget and give up.:x
    Last edited by Nick; -12-17-2006 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Use EDIT feature instead of making back to back posts

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32 View Post
    The Detroit News asked Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, the former head coach in St. Louis, if he would consider bringing RB Marshall Faulk to Detroit to play for the Lions in 2007. Martz was excited about the possibility. "Shoot, I'd ride a bicycle up to pick him up," Martz said "Are you kidding? I'd welcome that. Wouldn't that be fun, seeing (No.) 28 running down the field?"
    Faulk is technically property of the Rams (on their PUP list). But the fact that Faulk is being thought of in Detroit, where they could be without RB Kevin Jones for the next year, is significant.
    this is just mike martz answering the question,he was close to faulk and sure he would love to have him,but that's all this is,no more,no less.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Mad Mike Faces Tampering Charges / "I Want Faulk!"

Chris Mortensen reports on 'NFL SUNDAY COUNTDOWN (ESPN)' that the Detroit Lions offensive coordinator and former Saint Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz has expressed interest in Marshall Faulk and has said he would love him to play for the Lions.
    That's grounds for tampering, as Faulk is still under contract with the Rams.
    Marshall Faulk, a host on the 'NFL NETWORK', has sat out the 2006 after having knee surgery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Mad Mike Faces Tampering Charges / "I Want Faulk!"

Also reported that Faulk will evidently force the Rams to release his rights, making him a Free Agent.
    RamsFan16

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Also reported that Faulk will evidently force the Rams to release his rights, making him a Free Agent.
    thats very surprizing from faulk,but the fact that martz said he would love to have faulk is not,all he did was answer a question from a reporter.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    By who? Where?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Marshall Faulk is a St Louis Ram ?? Then why is this thread in the NFL talk forum and not Ram Talk? Embarrassing to me, how soon we forget and give up.:x
    I don't believe I was the one who put the thread in NFL Talk... fftopic:

stlramman is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=RamsFan16;150920]Also reported that Faulk will evidently force the Rams to release his rights, making him a Free Agent.[/QUOTE

Wow.If true thats interesting.Faulk stated on air that he considers himself a RAM and if the Rams wanted him back he would be back.Does Faulk have a problem with Linehan?

blood85 is offline Registered User

I hope marshall comes back with the Rams, but if he doesn't, best of luck to him.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Right now, this is no more than Linehan saying something like "If 'The Fridge' Perry could be cloned, I'd like to have him in Horns".

I'm thinking Marshall's contract is up at the end of this year anyway, so if he wants to play football again, I don't think he's bound to the Rams. I think he'd like to retire wearing Blue and Gold, but isn't that choice up to him?

I think he's smarter than Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, or Joe Namath. Why would he want to end a very illustrious career, a career that was made because of the team he was on, by going to another team to become a footnote?

I don't see Marshall moving up north. History will always remember him as a RB for the Rams, just as history remembers Namath as a Jet. Namath, Rice, and Montana tried to delay the inevitable by hoping to squeeze out a tiny bit more glory. Marshall doesn't need to do that...he's accomplished enough in one lifetime already.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast