RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Faulk Scores a Touchdown with Kids at Rams Park

Faulk Scores a Touchdown with Kids at Rams Park
    Thursday, June 15, 2006

By Brett Grassmuck
    Stlouisrams.com

St. Louis Rams future Hall of Fame running back, Marshall Faulk, held his annual Rams 28 Club touchdown party at Rams Park Tuesday, June 13.

Faulk’s Rams 28 Club is an incentive based program for children living in public housing. Each child that scores a “touchdown” by making good decisions and reaching for their dreams is invited to a touchdown party at Rams Park where they get to meet and hang out with Faulk.

“I have always believed in inspiring and motivating kids to set goals and visualize their dreams,” Faulk said. “I hope that the Rams 28 Club lets these kids know that there are people who support them and want to see them succeed in school and life.”

Club members were met by Faulk in the auditorium where he answered several of their questions and spoke to them about his career in the NFL.

Faulk then led the children on a tour of the Rams training facility. The group began in the weight room, then headed into the locker room where several club members posed for pictures in front of his locker as well as in front of the lockers of their other favorite players.

The tour then made its way into the indoor practice facility, where each group had an opportunity to have their picture taken with Faulk.

The night ended in the Rams Park cafeteria where the children enjoyed a chicken dinner and received prizes such as t-shirts and hats.

The Rams 28 Club was formed in 1999 in partnership with the Rams Foundation, the Christian Activity Center in East St. Louis, IL, and the Cochran Community Center in St. Louis. The 28 Club expanded in 2000 to include the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Boys and Girls Club in East St. Louis, IL, and Beyond Housing, and again in 2001 to include the St. Charles Boys and Girls Club.

The club’s mission is to “encourage and reward its members for positive choices in life with a specific emphasis on attitude, education and community service.”

RamsFan16

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: Faulk Scores a Touchdown with Kids at Rams Park

Wow, these are my favorite posts to read.

I think Marshall's camp might have been a little bit more influencual(sp?) than TO's:tongue:

I really think it is great for these players to do things for kids in this instance(and the rest of the communuity), they look up to him and other players(not TO:tongue and I know because I am one(that looks up to him, not a kid).
    Last edited by rams_fan81; -06-16-2006 at 12:29 AM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

faulk is not always nice to adults in public, but as long as he keeps doing good things for kids like this , thats all that matters. nice job marshall

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I hope that Marshall scores at least one more TD for the Rams. Even if he retires, I just hope that he leaves on good terms and either takes time off and comes back as a coach, or comes back as a coach immediately.

Big Game_81 is offline Registered User

Agreed. Faulk knows the game as well as anyone and his enthusiasm would go a long way. I like the ring of Coach Faulk after he decides to end his playing career.