Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Faulk would take Warner

Here is a little fuel for a fire and friendly debatable issue :-) :x
    SI: Who's the one quarterback you'd want leading you in a two-minute drive?

Faulk: I'd still have to go with Kurt Warner and that's nothing against Marc Bulger or Peyton. I've played with them and a lot of quarterbacks. Warner is a unique individual. I enjoyed my time playing with him. And he's unique not just because of his ability to throw the ball. I'm talking about as a person, a humanitarian, as a husband, as a man, as a father. He's an all-around great man.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Faulk would take Warner

I don't see anything wrong with Marshall's selection. After all Marshall's best years were with KW. Plus a Superbowl ring to boot.

:r

general counsel is offline Registered User

honesty is the best policy. Of course, he is not likely to give us a full answer on what really happened leading martz to bench warner in favor of bulger and whether he agreed with the decision. Put another way, would the terrific 2004 team have won with captain kurt at the helm, or at least gone deeper into the playoffs.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Spoken like a man who knows his playing days are over. Marshall is smart enough to know that this kind of answer could (probably not assuming Bulger is as easy-going as he appears to be) cause strife in a current lockerroom........but a retired player can say anything he wants.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Spoken like a man who knows his playing days are over. Marshall is smart enough to know that this kind of answer could (probably not assuming Bulger is as easy-going as he appears to be) cause strife in a current lockerroom........but a retired player can say anything he wants.
    Why would Marshall want to start a strife ? KW got us to 2 Superbowls and fed Marshall the ball plenty. A big part of Marshall's success was thanks to KW.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

that comment should not be a big surprize,they went to 2 super bowls together and the fact thats its true.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I would have to agree with Faulk. Warner has shown me a lot with both the Giants and Cardinals. Bulger, I am afraid, is not going to take us to a Super Bowl. He lacks the fiery personality. He's a good quarterback, maybe a very good back up, but not a starter who is going to take you deep in the playoffs and contend for a Super Bowl. Many have said he is the most underrated QB in the NFL. I used to agree, but not anymore. I think we are trying to win with a back up QB starting at the present time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I would have to agree with Faulk. Warner has shown me a lot with both the Giants and Cardinals. Bulger, I am afraid, is not going to take us to a Super Bowl. He lacks the fiery personality. He's a good quarterback, maybe a very good back up, but not a starter who is going to take you deep in the playoffs and contend for a Super Bowl. Many have said he is the most underrated QB in the NFL. I used to agree, but not anymore. I think we are trying to win with a back up QB starting at the present time.
    Very strong words I am still not sure Bulger can take us to the super bowl. I think Holt during the draft was talking about the Rams may need to select a QB. That signals one of the best receivers in the NFL don't put him up there with the best QBs in the NFL. IMO I am unsure how good he is. We have always been loaded at WR since he has been here. I think that there has always been one thing we have missed in our QB since Bulger took over for Warner and that is a good short swing pass. Warner used to do that better to Faulk then anyone I ever seen he could lay it right over his shoulder like a layup.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I concur.

I am on record as to my not being comfortable with Bulger's ability to lead this team to the promised land.

He was given every opprtunity to succeed at an elite level and has shown himself to be a good-to-very-good NFL QB. Under Martz' system Bulger was accorded the same personnel and same opportunities to throw the ball with defensive players cleaning his clock because the of the amount of time required for his receivers to rum their routes as Warner did. Warner paid the price for standing in the pocket waiting for the patterns to develop and still managed to have the best completion percentage. Bulger, seems to me, to be "Jim Everett-ish".

I'll state once again that I don't see another QB out there right now I'd trade Bulger for and would love to be proven wrong by Bulger!

I'm counting on Linehan?Bulger?Jackson to get us into the playoffs and even a February 2007 win!

RnD

GO RAMS!!

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

To be perfectly honest I have never been fond of Warner or Bulger in the last 2 minutes of a game.They do not run two minute drills very well. Then again Bulger did lead the comeback against the Seahawks that year.

I think we are trying to win with a back up QB starting at the present time.
    Wow I must say I strongly disagree with that. Bulger has been in the 5 QB's in the major catagories almost every year he started. A backup to who??
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -09-24-2006 at 02:45 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

thoey is offline Registered User

While I have been called a Warnarite and a Bulgar-Basher, I have never thought of him as a bad QB. I do wonder what KW or MB *could* have been like if attention would have been paid to the OL when the problem started. Now, I don't think either are as good as they could have been.

But as mentioned, there is no other QB available at this time that I would want leading my RAMS. Give the offense, not just MB, time to start firing. It is not all his fault...
    This space for rent...

Taco-Man is offline Registered User

big red man, I strongly disagree with you saying marc bulger is a backup Qb, granted he may not be playing well, but I still think He is a top 10 QB. now with him being a backup, just take a few seconds and learn how to read those pretty stats he has, then you may change your mind.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post

What did he show you today? Where KW has more weapons judged by FFL than MB. But after the game is Kurt a backup too with three ints and the costliest of fumbles or do you just blame MB and Kurt's center for their late miscues?

Kurt had a few more weapons and a little more stablity to work with during his early tenure in St L and he also lost the last SB he will ever play in with his td completion to Ty Law. He was a great QB and maybe the best for a period with 2 minute drill. But not now. I will take Peyton or Tom over any one.

Please KW had a great MF at his disposal and superior lines until they both went down in flames as Bulger has too with subpar OL talent. SJ is not great yet but hopefully will find his true idenitity is a smashballer rb as was attested to today with three and four birds on his back for the few plays I saw before I lost my signal.

Your entitled to your opinion but to compare the two is impossible as MF was great during most of KW Rams career and not so great when Bulger took the snaps. Being older and multiple injuries from being a great warrior with a weaker team is more the correct scenario when MF and MB played together.

BRM as another poster commented can you ever recall a huge comeback as the Seattle one with MB at the helm when Warner was a Ram, Giant or bird? Working the 2 minute drill flawlessly? KW was a seasoned QB from a plethora of leagues when he got here and more posters blamed MMM for the Carolina loss than MB ...

So timing goes to KW and the T. Green injury and the weapons and offense he inherited. MB got a scaled down version at best. Impossible to compare imvho.
    Besides that comment actually reflects KW more as a humanitarian than as 2 minute QB!:r
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone View Post
    What did he show you today? Where KW has more weapons judged by FFL than MB. But after the game is Kurt a backup too with three ints and the costliest of fumbles or do you just blame MB and Kurt's center for their late miscues?
    Cardinal's receivers were off tonight. Many dropped passes that should have been caught. Two of the interceptions were not KW's fault (in otherwords not a bad throw). One was. Regarding the fumble by KW (I notice you conveniently didn't mention the one Bulger had just before that) The center had the ball in KW's hands, but the right guard came back out of his stance and his left hand shot across quickly behind the center and knocked the ball out of KW's hand from what I saw.

Kurt had a few more weapons and a little more stability to work with during his early tenure in St L and he also lost the last SB he will ever play in with his TD completion to Ty Law. He was a great QB and maybe the best for a period with 2 minute drill. But not now. I will take Peyton or Tom over any one.
    The Rams lost the last Super Bowl because of Martz, not Warner. I agree that Peyton and Brady are superior QB's at this time. Understand, I'm not saying Warner is all that right now. At this point in his career, he's probably a veteran back up more than a legitimate starter.

Please KW had a great MF at his disposal and superior lines until they both went down in flames as Bulger has too with subpar OL talent. SJ is not great yet but hopefully will find his true idenitity is a smashballer rb as was attested to today with three and four birds on his back for the few plays I saw before I lost my signal.
    No doubt Warner had the best of things in 1999. However, he did go south quickly after the concussions, which prompted the trade. The OL is definately not what I would call a great one, but its OK. Jackson is making yards, and you don't do that with a crappy line. As I have said elsewhere, the passing schemes take too long to develop. I saw some improvement of that tonight. Bulger admitted it was his fault for not being in sink with his receivers up until now. He said he was trying to speak french by thinking english and then translating. He looked better tonight, but still I believe he's not a guy to inspire the kind of play from our offense to get us to a Super Bowl.

Your entitled to your opinion but to compare the two is impossible as MF was great during most of KW Rams career and not so great when Bulger took the snaps. Being older and multiple injuries from being a great warrior with a weaker team is more the correct scenario when MF and MB played together.
    I don't think I was making a direct comparison, nor was Faulk. He was just saying if we could have Warner right now as opposed to Bulger, would the Rams be better off. I think so.

BRM as another poster commented can you ever recall a huge comeback as the Seattle one with MB at the helm when Warner was a Ram, Giant or bird? Working the 2 minute drill flawlessly? KW was a seasoned QB from a plethora of leagues when he got here and more posters blamed MMM for the Carolina loss than MB ...
    Please. One comeback. I could counter that Bulger never got the Rams way out in front of the opposing teams like Warner did, but that would be disingenuous. If you recall, Warner used to run the 2 minute no huddle drill many times during the early part of the games "flawlessly". Warner was a Arena/NFL Europe QB, hardly what anyone could consider NFL seasoned. MMM was blamed for the loss to Carolina, that's true. However, it was because of Bulger's poor red zone performance that caused MMM to make such crazy calls by not putting the ball in Bulger's hands in the first place.

So timing goes to KW and the T. Green injury and the weapons and offense he inherited. MB got a scaled down version at best. Impossible to compare imvho.
    Besides that comment actually reflects KW more as a humanitarian than as 2 minute QB!:r
    UUUUMMMMMMMM?

:x
    Last edited by bigredman; -09-24-2006 at 11:34 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Bulger, I am afraid, is not going to take us to a Super Bowl.
    Chris Chandler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Neil O'Donnell have all taken teams to the Super Bowl in the past decade...........I'm pretty sure Bulger's is every bit as capable as any of those guys.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast