Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Favorite Rams collectible/souvenir and why?

I was looking at some old Rams stuff on eBay and a sense of nostalgia just swept over me; so much history and good memories flooded back to me that I honestly almost pulled a Dick Vermeil and began to tear up. It made me think, what Rams (either L.A. or St. Louis) souvenir means the most to you guys and why? I have two; the first was back in the late 80's when my dad took me to the player's tunnel after a Rams game and I met wide receiver Flipper Anderson, where he gave me his receiving gloves and game worn jersey. As an 8-9 year old that was the coolest thing in the world, and I remember wearing those things for 2 weeks straight after lol. The second souvenir was from the 2010 Rams-Seahawks game in Seattle, the last game of the year that decided the NFC West division title. Unfortunately the Rams fell short that game, but I remember leaning over the rails congratulating each player on an awesome season as they dejectedly headed through the tunnel. The majority of them quickly walked through, ignoring the boos and jeers from the Seahawk faithful, but a couple of them (including Sam Bradford and Josh Brown) stopped and shook me and my families hand. The highlight of my night was when Steven Jackson gave me and my son a fist pump and then handed us his game worn gloves. You could tell that he was so heartbroken and disappointed at losing that game, yet he still had the class to stop and mingle with me and my family (all while being screamed insults by drunk Seahawk fans nonetheless); an amazing gesture by an amazing person. Definitely one of the greatest sports moments of my life.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Favorite Rams collectible/souvenir and why?

The hat signed by Kurt Warner and my Isiah Robertson real helmet that I have.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood