2 2.90%
  • Sam Bradford

1 1.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Favorite Rams: Poll #1 - Quarterback

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Favorite Rams: Poll #1 - Quarterback

As we are now in the dead period of the offseason (Michael Sam discussion notwithstanding), I thought I'd start a series of polls asking who are the Clan's FAVORITE players all-time players at each position.

Vote for the guy you liked best, even if he was not necessarily the best all-time Rams player at his position. We all have our personal favorites, based upon who we grew up watching, who we admired the most, or other reasons that might not register on the stat sheet.

We'll start with the Quarterbacks.

Who is your all-time favorite Rams QB?

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Favorite Rams: Poll #1 - Quarterback

kurt warner, never seen a prettier pass

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner, the QB who brought us to the promised land. For nostalgic reasons Roman Gabriel ranks close behind.

Go Rams!

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    kurt warner, never seen a prettier pass
    Really, he got the ball there but he threw some ugly passes. I always though Moon threw the perfect pass.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Really, he got the ball there but he threw some ugly passes. I always though Moon threw the perfect pass.
    sure, but when he was on...always looked super awesome, just was a solid spiral

Rambos is online now Registered User

Sam Bradford

I'm living in the now. When all is said and done he will hold all the records for the Rams.

The St. Louis Rams' all-time passing yards leaders include two of the top 30 yards leaders in NFL history. Quarterbacks Jim Everett and more recently Kurt Warner each totaled more than 30,000 passing yards in their NFL careers.

5. Kurt Warner: 14,447 yards

Kurt Warner won two NFL MVP Awards as one of the St. Louis Rams' all-time passing yards leaders. Warner broke into the NFL with the Rams in 1998 and in 1999 he became their full-time starter and league MVP. He led the Rams' turnaround from a four-win team in 1998 to the Super Bowl Champions in 1999, taking home Super Bowl MVP honors in the process. In the long history of the Rams, Warner owns the two highest single-season passing yards totals in team history with 4,353 in 1999 and 4,830 in 2001. He also threw for more than 15,000 yards in Arizona and is one of the Cardinals' top five passing yards leaders. The four-time Pro Bowler retired with 32,344 passing yards and 208 touchdowns, each of which rank in the top 30 in NFL history.

4. Norm Van Brocklin: 16,114 yards

Hall of Fame quarterback Norm Van Brocklin ranks fourth among the St. Louis Rams' all-time passing yards leaders. Van Brocklin handled the passing duties for the then Los Angeles Rams from 1949 to 1957. In 1950 and 1951, he led the Rams to back-to-back NFL Championships. He topped the 2,000 yard mark seven times and led the NFL with 2,637 passing yards in 1954. Van Brocklin later won the 1960 NFL MVP Award and he was named to nine Pro Bowls.

3. Roman Gabriel: 22,223 yards

Former All-Pro quarterback Roman Gabriel ranks third on the list of St. Louis Rams' all-time passing yards leaders. Gabriel manned the QB spot for the Rams from 1962 to 1972 and led them to a terrific 74-39 win-loss record in his starts. He posted seven straight 2,000 passing yard seasons for the Rams and later led the NFL with 3,219 in 1973 with the Eagles. Gabriel twice led the league in touchdown throws and he totaled 201 aerial TDs in his career. On the ground, he added 30 rushing touchdowns.

2. Marc Bulger: 22,814 yards

Before leaving for Baltimore after the 2009 season, two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Marc Bulger reached second on the list of St. Louis Rams' all-time passing yards leaders. Bulger spent eight seasons in St. Louis from 2002 to 2009 and averaged 237.6 passing yards per game with a QB rating of 84.4. In his career year of 2006, he threw for 4,301 yards and 24 touchdowns, both of which were career-highs.

1. Jim Everett: 23,758 yards

Topping the list of St. Louis Rams' all-time passing yards leaders is one-time Pro Bowl quarterback Jim Everett. A member of the Rams from 1986 to 1993, Everett regularly found himself on the NFL's passing yards and touchdowns leader boards. In 1988 and 1989, he threw 31 and 29 touchdowns respectively to lead the league in the category. He had seven 3,000 yard seasons, five of which came in St. Louis, and a 4,310 yard campaign in 1989. In 107 games with the Rams, he averaged 222.0 passing yards with a 78.1 QB rating. Everett's career total of 34,837 yards sits 17th in NFL history.
    Bradford has 11,065 yards he will pass Warner this year!
    sosa39rams likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Vince Ferragamo Banning High School #1
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner, led team to the land of milk and honey.

I always remember one moment in particular. Kurt walking out to the field, camera is there, he walks by and winks at the camera, not breaking stride. Cool, calm, confident, collected and reassuring prior to his first regular season start after stepping in the replace Trent Green. He never looked back.
    Semper Fi!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Sam Bradford

I'm living in the now. When all is said and done he will hold all the records for the Rams.

Bradford has 11,065 yards he will pass Warner this year!
    If Sam can get his thing going this year and prove his worth he'll be here for at least 3 years probably. When it's all said and done Sam may statistically be the best QB we've ever had.

THE DREAM TEAM

turbofargo is offline Registered User

As of now it will be Kurt. Those quick timed releases, staying in the pocket til absolutely necessary to get the pass off. Hard not to go against a superbowl winner. Have overplayed a few times what would have happened if his thumb was allowed to heal and changed up the game plan some so he didn't get booted away.

Haven't seen too much film on Roman and Norm, would love to see them play live. Although it looks like everyone back then was on speed.

I remember when Everett took the field for the first time. Was listening to it on radio. Was a pretty dramatic entrance. His dive against whiners on the champ game though killed it for everyone.

Side note, speaking of what if always wondered what would have happened in that game if we got those two quick TDs in the beg. Oh well.

So Kurt for now, hoping Sam takes the spot away from him!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Not even close, Kurt Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    I remember when Everett took the field for the first time. Was listening to it on radio. Was a pretty dramatic entrance.
    One of my most thrilling Rams moments, ever. Everett relieves Steve Dills against New England, throws for 3 TD's, and almost leads the team to victory. I was also listening to it on the radio, and remember exactly where I was, and what I was doing at the time. Home for the weekend from college, throwing the football around in my parents back yard. Funny the things you remember. I'll always have a soft spot for Jim Everett.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Who's Jim Everett? Never heard of him. We did have a Chris Everett on the team though.

10m39s80i81t and Mikey like this.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Went with Jim Everett! That was a great time to be a Rams fan. Warner was amazing to watch but for simple longevity and the team as a whole I'll go with Everett.
    ramsbruce likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Not even close, Kurt Warner.

One of my most thrilling Rams moments, ever. Everett relieves Steve Dills against New England, throws for 3 TD's, and almost leads the team to victory. I was also listening to it on the radio, and remember exactly where I was, and what I was doing at the time. Home for the weekend from college, throwing the football around in my parents back yard. Funny the things you remember. I'll always have a soft spot for Jim Everett.
    Mike,

I so agree. I was at the Dallas game on Monday night when Jim started his first game. It was electrifying to see the Rams finally have a QB! Warner got my vote but Jimbo and Vinnie close behind.......
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wow. ...Difficult dilemma.

Voted The Roman General because of the times when my status as a Rams fan officially changed to 'Die-hard' Rams fan. But Kurt Warner is an extremely close 2nd (if I could, I would make a tie between these two QBs) then Jim 'Blade' Everett a close 3rd.

-

-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast