Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Favre on Hasllett's D

Found this pretty interesting,

From the Green Bay Press Gazette :

Packers QB Brett Favre, on facing Rams defensive coordinator Jim Haslett’s complex, blitz-oriented defense: “Some teams you can study all week and still not study all the things you’re going to face. Other teams, you can study for 15 minutes and you’re going to see everything you’re going to see in the game. Chicago, fairly simple. Detroit, fairly simple. This was by far the most complicated team defensively I’ve ever had to prepare for. There’s no rhyme or reason why they do some of the things they do. On top of that, they’re sound, considering they’ve had a lot of injuries. Bad plays can happen, good plays could potentially happen, too. It’s a high-risk, high-reward defense. Coach Haslett’s remark when I was joking with him about blitzing was, ‘Aww, Mike (McCarthy) knows what I do and he’ll protect it up.’ I’m thinking, ‘Mike’s on the sidelines, I’m the one out there on the field, easier said than done. Because I had to make some protection calls, and you’re not always going to guess right. Somebody’s coming free.”

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Favre on Hasllett's D

I remember in the postgame interviews, Favre also made reference to how they struggled to pick up some of our more exotic blitz packages.

Obviously, we still weren't getting consistent pressure, but I can't help but think that if we had better personnel in at defensive end, Haslett's defensive scheme would look a lot more impressive.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

There’s no rhyme or reason why they do some of the things they do.
    i think this quote could also be applied to Linehan's play calling

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

you funny tomahwak247

and favre is classy and professional. How can you not like him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Farve does have class and I think we could do a lot worse than Haslett.

yodachu is offline Registered User

Favre is a class act and is the main reason since the Rams aren't going to, I want the Pack to win the SB.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I like Haslett's scheme, I just hope we can get the guys in here (and stay healthy!) to make it fully work.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
    Favre is a class act and is the main reason since the Rams aren't going to, I want the Pack to win the SB.
    I second that motion. I would love to see Favre win another Superbowl and over the Patriots again!

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I second that motion. I would love to see Favre win another Superbowl and over the Patriots again!
    That would work for me. It would be a 2'fer.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I like Haslett's scheme, I just hope we can get the guys in here (and stay healthy!) to make it fully work.
    I'm not sure what Haslett's scheme is. Desparation, I think.

Perhaps that's what Favre's was referring to when he said what the Rams were doing made no sense. Sounds like a desparation scheme. Keep 'em guessin'?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I remember in the postgame interviews, Favre also made reference to how they struggled to pick up some of our more exotic blitz packages.
    Lip service- we didn't sack him once and hit him late on a few others. We really didn't disrupt the Packers offense at all, so I'm thinking maybe they didn't have as much trouble with those "exotic" blitz packages as Favre let on...

Javaman is offline Registered User

"Lip service- we didn't sack him once and hit him late on a few others. We really didn't disrupt the Packers offense at all, so I'm thinking maybe they didn't have as much trouble with those "exotic" blitz packages as Favre let on..."

Maybe it is lip service but the rams did get 2 interceptions and shut down their run game. This without a starting corner, a starting outside linebacker and a starting defensive end. The rams also had an injured defensive end trying to play. On the flipside tho, the Packer offense isn't very good. Farve isn't what he used to be and I think they probably win most of their games with their defense. I am sure most defenses in the league tear right through their offensive line and the rams didn't. Perhaps Moloch41 is right and Farve is playing lipservice. Maybe he is secretly an undercover rams fan and is trying to help motivate the rams for the Steeler game.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Lip service- we didn't sack him once and hit him late on a few others. We really didn't disrupt the Packers offense at all, so I'm thinking maybe they didn't have as much trouble with those "exotic" blitz packages as Favre let on...
    I agree I think it is more Favre just being a good guy and throwing out some positives to a struggling team.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I agree I think it is more Favre just being a good guy and throwing out some positives to a struggling team.
    Then you don't know Brett Favre very well. My father is a diehard Vikings fan, so I have followed them through the years, meaning that I have seen alot of Brett Favre. I am a huge fan of Brett Favre. He doesn't just dish out respect to anyone ...

Further, read his quote. He didn't say this was the most complicated defensive team he has prepared for this year. He said this is the most complicated defensive team he has EVER prepared for ....

Were we watching the same game? If so, how in the world does anyone come up with the assumption that Green Bay had their way with our defense? We completely destroyed their run game, which had been among the league's best the past seven weeks. The ONLY run they had of any significance was a 24 yarder by Grant on a play where Hall would have easily bottled him up had he not gone done with the ankle. The only significant pass play they had was against a totally broken coverage ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -12-19-2007 at 02:08 PM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    "Lip service- we didn't sack him once and hit him late on a few others. We really didn't disrupt the Packers offense at all, so I'm thinking maybe they didn't have as much trouble with those "exotic" blitz packages as Favre let on..."

Maybe it is lip service but the rams did get 2 interceptions and shut down their run game. This without a starting corner, a starting outside linebacker and a starting defensive end. The rams also had an injured defensive end trying to play. On the flipside tho, the Packer offense isn't very good. Farve isn't what he used to be and I think they probably win most of their games with their defense. I am sure most defenses in the league tear right through their offensive line and the rams didn't. Perhaps Moloch41 is right and Farve is playing lipservice. Maybe he is secretly an undercover rams fan and is trying to help motivate the rams for the Steeler game.
    Favre isn't what he used to be? Are you kidding?

They are only getting 376 yards and 28 PPG on offense.

And that Favre, he's statisically only having his second best season ever ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast