Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The "FEARSOME FOURSOME"

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: The "FEARSOME FOURSOME"

Excellent show / footage! Nice to see the human side of these great four DL too.

There will probably be a re-run on NFLN, don't know when.

BTW, in that footage you can see Phil Olsen, Merlin's brother, in some of the interviews. In the past I've posted here in other ClanRam threads that Phil and Merlin played together with the Rams -- a very rare experience in the NFL, especially playing side by side as DL! He could also play center.

So here he is, you could say a 2nd string successor to the mighty FF but what an honor...

Phil Olsen, DT 1971-74 (No. 72).

-- --

Clic on images below.

a) Alongside DE Jack Youngblood; b) Merlin and Phil; c) During an away game (behind him likely is Coy Bacon)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "FEARSOME FOURSOME"-phil-olsen-1971-no.-72-.jpg   The "FEARSOME FOURSOME"-phil-right-merlin-olsen.jpg   The "FEARSOME FOURSOME"-phil-olsen-1971.jpg  
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-11-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Format

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: The "FEARSOME FOURSOME"

Like many other "younger" Rams fans, I too wasn't even a twinkle in my dad's eye when The Fearsome Foursome was revolutionizing the NFL, but if you consider yourself a Rams fan, this is a must watch. Not exactly what I was expecting, I certainly didn't expect to have tears in my eyes while watching these fearsome warriors, but it is called "A Football Life" after all, and they didn't just focus on their on the field success, but also the trials and experiences they dealt with after football.

Previously I scoffed at the idea of drafting another d lineman, particularly Utah's Star Lotulelei, however I sincerely believe that adding Star would turn our d line into Fearsome Foursome part II. This is no disrespect to Kendall Langford, but Star by most accounts has Ndamukong Suh potential. Our d line is already establishing a reputation of a unit teams don't want to play, adding another stud d tackle to collapse the pocket will keep offensive lineman and quarterbacks up all night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12