Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    ramfan247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    7

    Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    This kid is one of the only guys on our offense who catches the ball with his hands out in front of him. I'm a highschool football coach and I don't know everything but I do know the fundamentals of a good receiver. So many of our guys have to catch with their body and Becht and Klop catch by cradling the ball with their hands AND their body. This kid has made it clear that he can run great routes and he can snatch the ball out of the air. Hes a big, physical, quick former WR so why the heck are the coaches using him as a fulback? Hes a quality TE! Clearly he can block AND catch, since they're putting him in there to lead block. Hes the double threat and I wanna see more of him. Especially now that the season isn't "on the line" I want to see him and some of the younger guys get more action in the last three games. I'm putting my money on him giving Mcmichael a run for his money next year.
    Anyone agree that this kid shows promise?


  2. #2
    IzzyHigh1212's Avatar
    IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Because he's pretty much the only one on our roster that can lead block.

  3. #3
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Because our whole coaching staff is dumber than dumbest. They didn't play Tory till after the half. Play calling is just so dumb it is hard to put into words.

    Players also. Mark and his receivers once again fed the other team a victory on a silver platter.

    Yes, I agree with you.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -12-08-2008 at 12:47 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

  4. #4
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    He shows a ton of promise! And skill. Man, its great to watch him play! I love it.

    But he can lead block. I really hope we keep him and pair him up with McMichael.

  5. #5
    ramfan247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    You are all right that he is the only one on our roster than can lead block, but thats because the bonehead coaches let the other RB that could lead block go lol. They shoulda kept him and let Fells do what he clearly does best, get open and catch the football. I guess since this season is gone though, it makes sense to develop his blocking by putting him in there on those plays too.
    Yup, he and McMichael will be beasts next year. I think Joe has some decent trade value. Anyone agree?

  6. #6
    ramfan247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Also, I looked at Fells profile and it has him listed as 252 lbs...thats gotta be wrong. This guy looks like hes pushing 270 out there! (In a good way0 He's thick and solid as heck and looks huge out there and thats why I'm surprised he could move so quickly. Check him out this next game and tell me if you think hes not HUGE compared to other guys who are more like around 250 lbs.

  7. #7
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Maybe if Dan Kreider can actually do what he is paid to do, then Fells would get the opportunity to show what he's made of.

  8. #8
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Maybe if Dan Kreider can actually do what he is paid to do, then Fells would get the opportunity to show what he's made of.
    um...don't look now but Kreider was cut by the Rams almost 2 weeks ago.

    WHAT SAY YE?

  9. #9
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    um...don't look now but Kreider was cut by the Rams almost 2 weeks ago.

    WHAT SAY YE?
    Really? Hmm. He was so bad I didn't even notice he was gone. Finally some good news.

    But see that's just the thing. If Kreider could actually block, he wouldn't be cut, and then Fells would be out there catching.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -12-08-2008 at 08:12 PM.

  10. #10
    ramfan247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Really? Hmm. He was so bad I didn't even notice he was gone. Finally some good news.

    But see that's just the thing. If Kreider could actually block, he wouldn't be cut, and then Fells would be out there catching.
    Good call!

  11. #11
    ramfan247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Steven Jackson interviewed Fells on his radio show last night and he seems like a nice guy too. When Jackson kept asking him what significant things he is going to do himself this weekend in the game, he kept saying "team" and "teamwork" and "together" instead of trying to glorify himself. Thats rare these days, so I like him already. Hopefully he'll stick around next year.

  12. #12
    Chris58's Avatar
    Chris58 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    64
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan247 View Post
    Steven Jackson interviewed Fells on his radio show last night and he seems like a nice guy too. When Jackson kept asking him what significant things he is going to do himself this weekend in the game, he kept saying "team" and "teamwork" and "together" instead of trying to glorify himself. Thats rare these days, so I like him already. Hopefully he'll stick around next year.
    Maybe another 44 guys like him with his attitude will change the Rams' fortunes. Let's hope.

  13. #13
    ramfan247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    7

    Thumbs up Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    Maybe another 44 guys like him with his attitude will change the Rams' fortunes. Let's hope.
    Ha! Maybe next year !

  14. #14
    ramfan247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Other than being impressed by Fells lead blocking his butt off for Jackson this last game, I'm mad that the caoches didn't challenge Fells' catch. It would have been a 30 yard gain and he clearly caught it! This makes me ask, "WHO THE HECK DO THE RAMS HAVE UPSTAIRS!" Thats gotta be half of the problem. The coaches who are upstairs reveiwing replays and reviewing defensive looks, etc during the game have a huge role in these games. And if they cant even relay the message to coaches that they should challenge a catch (that was obviously made to anyone who sees it on TV) thats a huge issue.

  15. #15
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,153
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Fells can catch, tell me why the coaches don't use him more!

    Quote Originally Posted by ramfan247 View Post
    You are all right that he is the only one on our roster than can lead block, but thats because the bonehead coaches let the other RB that could lead block go lol. They shoulda kept him and let Fells do what he clearly does best, get open and catch the football. I guess since this season is gone though, it makes sense to develop his blocking by putting him in there on those plays too.
    Yup, he and McMichael will be beasts next year. I think Joe has some decent trade value. Anyone agree?
    I don't think Joe has any trade value. sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. Coaches Media Luncheon Quotes
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -02-15-2006, 11:28 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -01-20-2006, 10:39 AM
  3. Shaw's State of the Rams Address
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-03-2006, 12:05 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -05-21-2005, 03:04 AM
  5. Coaches pursued once again to release votes
    By DJRamFan in forum COLLEGE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-21-2005, 06:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •