Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Fendi And Avery Working Out

Hey all, thought I'd pop in and post a little vid I found over on Fendi Onobun's blog/website called TheFirst48.

Avery and Fendi seem to not be taking this time lightly based on this video and their twitter accounts that occasionally intrude on..

First 48

MACD is offline Registered User

Re: Fendi And Avery Working Out

Nice to see the dedication. Dang, if Avery is in the low 4.5's at 70%, maybe he can bring it back down to 4.3. Thanks for the post!

itsguud is offline Registered User

I still think Avery is potentially the odd man out this year. I don't see Spags keeping him if he is not 100% come start of the season when we have a number of other options.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I really hope Avery's speed remains intact for his sake, otherwise, he'll off the roster and just be a 3rd string receiver. His top notch speed is the reason why he can be a serviceable deep threat.

DA84 is offline Registered User

You got to like Avery's chances purely because of his past production, but at the same time the guy has some extremely stiff competition! Only battle he could have won hands down before was pure speed, and now after the injury even that is in question.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

A 4.5-ish 40 only 7-8 months after major knee surgery is a good sign & he looks like he's been keeping up with the workouts, doesn't he?

On the other hand, it usually takes more than a year to get fully back if it happens at all & it's a crowded field.If good hands & consistency are now at the top of the list of criteria, DA may struggle to impress the Rams regime with more than getting that step back. I wonder what his trade value would be if such things happen at all this year.

PS: Fendi isn't that big of a guy, is he ?
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -05-21-2011 at 07:28 AM.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Anyone else notice that they called Avery a Running Back?
    I believe!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Fendi's put himself together a nice website. But alas, no blocking pics. Blocking don't get you no bling.
    The break, don't bend offense.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    PS: Fendi isn't that big of a guy, is he?
    That photo doesn't seem to show Onobun's size. In the Rams official website he's listed as 6-5", 250 lbs. (which I believe could reach 260 in a more mature body). Avery, on the other hand is listed as 5-11, 185ish lbs. Maybe DA is stretching a bit to not appear so short next to FO.

If Fendi does well -- and I'm rooting for him to make team + have good year -- he and Kendricks would be two TEs 'light' in the Rams receiving corps. I'll be very interested to see how OC McDaniels will use this type of TE.

Nice video.

PS: BTW, does that hand sign that both players are doing mean?
    Last edited by RealRam; -05-22-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: PS

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

4.2's?! Avery is capable of that? Golly... That has to be one of the NFL's fastest. That kind of speed is scary. Hopefully his rehab goes well and he hits that level again.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    That photo doesn't seem to show Onobun's size. In the Rams official website he's listed as 6-5", 250 lbs. (which I believe could reach 260 in a more mature body). Avery, on the other hand is listed as 5-11, 185ish lbs. Maybe DA is stretching a bit to not appear so short next to FO.

If Fendi does well -- and I'm rooting for him to make team + have good year -- he and Kendricks would be two TEs 'light' in the Rams receiving corps. I'll be very interested to see how OC McDaniels will use this type of TE.

Nice video. BTW, what is that hand sign that both players are doing mean?
    I didn't mean it in a bad way...like he was puny; just that he's more like a well-built WR in the Fitz,et al, mode, rather than a thick-necked & big-bubbled old school TE. As you say, hard not to be intrigued by the potential.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I still think Avery is potentially the odd man out this year. I don't see Spags keeping him if he is not 100% come start of the season when we have a number of other options.
    I agree with Avery being on the trading block. He's in the last year of his contract. I still think he would be a better slot receiver than the Rams #1 or #2 WR.

A 4.5-ish 40 only 7-8 months after major knee surgery is a good sign & he looks like he's been keeping up with the workouts, doesn't he?

On the other hand, it usually takes more than a year to get fully back if it happens at all & it's a crowded field.If good hands & consistency are now at the top of the list of criteria, DA may struggle to impress the Rams regime with more than getting that step back. I wonder what his trade value would be if such things happen at all this year.

PS: Fendi isn't that big of a guy, is he ?
    I think the Rams would settle for a 4th round draft pick. That is if Mark Clayton is signed as the Rams #1 WR. He's in the last year of his contract.

RealRam is offline Registered User

I didn't mean it in a bad way...like he was puny; just that he's more like a well-built WR in the Fitz, et al, mode, rather than a thick-necked & big-bubbled old school TE. As you say, hard not to be intrigued by the potential.
    Oh, I know. Totally legit question. I've seen FO listed as 6-6" (probably a tall 6-5" and change).

I like your 'old school TE' reference. Perhaps now with a more pass-oriented style of offense, a few more teams will look -- or, are looking -- into lighter, faster TE as a variant to big WRs? Can't wait to see usage of Onobun (again, rooting for him here) as well as Kendricks under Coach Mac. // In a way, I kind of prefer to think of Kendricks as a big WR instead of a small TE but McDaniels must be preparing some sofisticated, "Rams proprietary" plays for the versatile Badger.

Indeed, there are typical, bigger TEs better suited for blocking, with an occasional action play pass to him.

This may be the big opportunity for both Onobun and Kendricks to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Oh, I know. Totally legit question. I've seen FO listed as 6-6" (probably a tall 6-5" and change).

I like your 'old school TE' reference. Perhaps now with a more pass-oriented style of offense, a few more teams will look -- or, are looking -- into lighter, faster TE as a variant to big WRs? Can't wait to see usage of Onobun (again, rooting for him here) as well as Kendricks under Coach Mac. // In a way, I kind of prefer to think of Kendricks as a big WR instead of a small TE but McDaniels must be preparing some sofisticated, "Rams proprietary" plays for the versatile Badger.

Indeed, there are typical, bigger TEs better suited for blocking, with an occasional action play pass to him.

This may be the big opportunity for both Onobun and Kendricks to shine.

It's both new & old, though, isn't it? One of my fave non-Ram teams was that mid-90s Denver squad. I could live with The Rams having the next Shannon Sharpe & I think we saw more Elway in Sam last year than any of us could have hoped. Throw in SJ as Terrell Davis & you're cookin' with some serious gas.