Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MauiRam

Thread: A few comments on our 2014 schedule ..

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

A few comments on our 2014 schedule ..

A couple of things stand out to me. The Whiners play the Eagles in San Fran before we play the Eagles in their house the first game after our bye; this should help the Rams game plan for both teams. That’s the good news - the bad news is we are the first game up for the Whiners in their house right after their bye. There is one good thing, and that is it will be a Monday night game, so we will have an extra day to prepare for them. That said, guess who we play next? The Squawks on a short week. Speaking of them, why is it we always seem to have to play Seattle at their place last game of the season? Why does Seattle get to play the Broncos at home, and we have to play them on the road? Well, at least the Whiners have to play in Denver as well.

I'm not much for predictions - so I won't bother with how many we win, or how many we lose. That said, I do have a really good feeling about our team this year - better than in a long, long time. Our best FA acquisition (IMO) was the acquisition of Gregg Williams. Our best draft pick will likely end up being Aaron Donald. No disrespect to Greg Robinson, we definitely needed some help on the O-line. It may take a few years for Robby to develop, but no matter, he can ragdoll people at guard while he’s learning.

Playing the Whiners on the road on Monday night will provide a propitious moment for the Rams to “turn the corner." If ever we are to become a playoff team, we need to win games on the road against really good teams. This will be a great opportunity on primetime national tv - a yardstick if you will. I do like our chances to improve our win total over last year's if we can remain reasonably healthy at key positions. Thoughts?
    laram0 likes this.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Re: A few comments on our 2014 schedule ..

One thing I saw also was after the whiners play us @Stl they play @Denver. That also should help us in a game we should win at home.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Totally agree Muai.

Propitious? Are you big- timing us, island boy? ;-)
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Totally agree Muai.

Propitious? Are you big- timing us, island boy? ;-)
    Muai ?? Look who'd talking! Actually, truth be told, I didn't feel like using "opportune" twice in the same paragraph.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Muai ?? Look who'd talking! Actually, truth be told, I didn't feel like using "opportune" twice in the same paragraph.
    Your response was timely.

I confess, I had to look up propitious.
    Prepare to be amazed.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Good post Maui. I share your thoughts on the schedule, although we have Denver at home not in Denver, check the schedule. Regardless, it will be a tough game. I too agree the Sqawks on a short week will be tough after the *****. However, if we're going to get to the Super Bowl we'll have to measure up. At least 4 of our first 6 games are at home and 3 of our last 5 are at home. What concerns me most is having to go 13 games in a row after the bye. That will test our depth as guys are likely to get hurt along the way and without a bye there's no margin for error. I think Jeff and Les are already padding the depth where needed to ensure we've got players when needed. Having said all this I firmly believe to expect the unexpected. Who thought we'd beat Houston and Indy at their houses last year. I just want to avoid a "stupid" loss like to the Jets 2 years ago and last year to Tennessee. We were clearly the better team and were at home so we shouldn't have lost those games, but we did win games I didn't think we would win so there's a balance, but great teams don't lose those games. This year I worry about Oakland at home.

I think this is the best position we've been in going into the season, but I felt that last year too, so what do I know. I also feel Donald will be our best performing rookie. He'll give G. Williams the perfect disrupter to go after the QB, which will help our secondary as passes may be rushed. Getting Gregg was a great hire and he will take or defense to even greater heights because he develops surprise schemes that catch offenses off-guard.

We will need to add about 3-4 more wins this year to make the playoffs and I feel we can do it. I feel like we can pass the ***** this year and I'm not alone in thinking that as I've read some writers who that that as well. We're a playoff team waiting to happen. Much to look forward to this year.

Go Rams!

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Touche - (except who's may have worked better).
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".