Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A few fearless forecasts for a Monday morning...

Here's what I see in my crystal ball this morning...
    • There have been some rumblings on internet fan sites claiming that Richie Incognito has not made an effort in rehab and is going to be a bust. I predict that these will prove to be greatly exaggerated, and that Incongnito will report to camp in decent shape and make a quick impression on the coaches.
    • Look for the Rams to be in contact with Denver for a possible deal to trade down and obtain the Broncos two late first round choices. Not sure if a deal will get done, but it will be discussed.
    • I won't be surprised if the Rams take a player from FSU on day 1 of the draft. If Cromartie is still there in the second round, he'll be a Ram.
    • Don't be surprised if the Rams go dormant in the free agent market until June 1. I think the team will reassess which holes to fill in free agency after the draft.
    • The Seahawks will lose Hutchinson, and won't be able to land Abraham, but will sign Julian Petersen. Some Ram fans will respond to this signing with a Chicken Little impression.
    • Marshall Faulk will fail to announce his intentions for 2006 prior to the draft, which might prompt the Rams to take a RB on day 2 for insurance.
    • Chad Greenway will perform well at his Pro Day, removing the criticism of many who have questioned whether he's a high first-rounder.
    • Ram Player most likely to be included in a draft day trade: Sean McDonald.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Re: A few fearless forecasts for a Monday morning...

Good thoughts,all of them are plausable

general counsel is offline Registered User

I would love to see the seahawks spend big money on peterson. i dont think he is physically what he once was at all. he is not a great player at this point and it will bite them in the but cap wise late.r

i think they will keep hutch, but i hope i am wrong on that.

i was very pleased that will allen picked the fins rather than the seahawks. that would have been a nice pickup for them.

The dilemna with having lots of cap room (and the eagles fell into this trap last year) and that if you insist that you will never overpay, you can wind up leaving a good deal of money on the table as the players get signed and are no longer available. This is especially a problem when you are in a window to try and win a title. To say it another way, sometimes you can be a little too cap conscious for your own good. Managing the cap is a balance between short and long term winning within the organization.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Last edited by general counsel; -03-20-2006 at 12:05 PM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I won't be surprised if the Rams take a player from FSU on day 1 of the draft. If Cromartie is still there in the second round, he'll be a Ram.
    I can't see this happening; we need to address the SLB and TE positions first, and after reading this :
    Cromartie tore ligaments in his left knee during off season workouts and was forced to sit out the entire 2005 season.
    I cant see the RAMS taking a chance on an injured player that early in the draft.

There have been some rumblings on internet fan sites claiming that Richie Incognito has not made an effort in rehab and is going to be a bust. I predict that these will prove to be greatly exaggerated, and that Incongnito will report to camp in decent shape and make a quick impression on the coaches.
    I haven't even heard any news on Richie this offseason. If he lives up to the hype, we should have a solid line this season.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    I cant see the RAMS taking a chance on an injured player that early in the draft.
    He's already reahabbed his knee and ran a 4.37 40 at his Pro Day, with Linehan in attendance.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    He's already reahabbed his knee and ran a 4.37 40 at his Pro Day, with Linehan in attendance.
    That should bring his name in line with Williams at this point.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Hmmm...........

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Here's what I see in my crystal ball this morning...
    • There have been some rumblings on internet fan sites claiming that Richie Incognito has not made an effort in rehab and is going to be a bust. I predict that these will prove to be greatly exaggerated, and that Incongnito will report to camp in decent shape and make a quick impression on the coaches.CHECK
    • Look for the Rams to be in contact with Denver for a possible deal to trade down and obtain the Broncos two late first round choices. Not sure if a deal will get done, but it will be discussed.
    • I won't be surprised if the Rams take a player from FSU on day 1 of the draft. If Cromartie is still there in the second round, he'll be a Ram.
    • Don't be surprised if the Rams go dormant in the free agent market until June 1. I think the team will reassess which holes to fill in free agency after the draft.
    • The Seahawks will lose Hutchinson,CHECK and won't be able to land Abraham, but will sign Julian Petersen.CHECK Some Ram fans will respond to this signing with a Chicken Little impression.
    • Marshall Faulk will fail to announce his intentions for 2006 prior to the draft, which might prompt the Rams to take a RB on day 2 for insurance.
    • Chad Greenway will perform well at his Pro Day, removing the criticism of many who have questioned whether he's a high first-rounder.CHECK
    • Ram Player most likely to be included in a draft day trade: Sean McDonald.
    Doing pretty well so far, no?

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Man, AR, are you a psychic or something. You want to predict who the rams pick in the draft so we don't have to wait another 40 days. Or better yet, whats our record in 2006? Well.. I'm just playin with you. You hit Monday pretty much dead on.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow, I'm impressed.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Oh great and all seeing AV, are you available for kids parties? Can i take you to the track or at least to the lottery ticket purchasing area so we can get some info from you that can change our lives.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Okay, I'm only going to do this once...

This week's winning powerball numbers are 12-22-14...

Oh, sorry, I have to take a call. I'll finish later if I get the chance.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

That's a pretty good time, but I still think we need to address the LB and TE position first. We have four corners who will be fighting for starting spots.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

dang. THats wierd. I'm freaked now. Almost everything is accurate.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    dang. THats wierd. I'm freaked now. Almost everything is accurate.
    Want to know what's going to happen on your next date?

Never mind... I'd hate to spoil the surprise.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Dude. Not funny. You went a little to far
    RamsFan16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast