Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A Few Game Observations

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

A Few Game Observations

Bradford was nearly flawless. He was poised, accurate, moved well in the pocket, and made all the throws. The bomb to Givens (who played lights out) and the TD pass were things of beauty. He looks primed and ready.

Not the best debut for Austin, who flat out dropped a dart from Bradford. That said, I have no doubts in his ability to bounce back.

Richardson was solid, not only running, but receiving. He looks like a starter.

Pead was painful to watch, especially when he nearly stepped out of the end zone on his first kick return, and of course the fumble. He came back and made some nice runs, but his confidence level has got to be extremely low.

I know the starting defense is playing base packages, but they did not look in sync at all, and the execution was ragged. Good thing it was a meaningless pre-season game. I know we'll see better in the next game.

Legatron is back with a vengeance, hitting both FG attempts, from 55 and 54 yards.

Stacy, Bailey, Radway, and Quick were all pretty impressive.

Good to hear Saffold is okay.

Listening to Bernie Kosar give commentary was like fingernails on a chalkboard. He was absolutely unprofessional, especially when he took dig after dig at Clemens, and moaned how much he hated to be forced to watch him play the entire 4th quarter. It was hilarious when Clemens made a great play to get Radway the ball for a TD.
    Curly Horns, ManofGod and citr92 like this.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Re: A Few Game Observations

Good points.

Kosar omg! That was beyond anything I have ever heard and endured during a sportscast. Really really unprofessional.
    ManofGod likes this.

kman is offline Registered User

omg, that was Bernie kosar? he was horrible..makes you really appreciate the regular announcers with these pre season clowns..what the hell happened to kosar, you see him on that 30 for 30 segment about losing all his money?

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

How did you watch the game, online?
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

kman is offline Registered User

moonjoe, u askin me?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    How did you watch the game, online?
    Yeah, I broke down and paid for the NFL pre-season package, at a discount.
    thoey likes this.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I thought Quick could have been 3 of 4 on catches, possibly 4 of 4. I don't think he was overly impressive.

I also thought that Bradford should have had a few more completions as the ball was very catch-able on several of those in-completions.

I did like what I saw of Stedman Bailey. I think he skills translate at the pro level quite well. He really plucked the ball out of the air and made a nice move while covered to add seven yards on one catch.

Peade looks like he doesn't think he's good.

I really like the way Stacy ran the ball, and there didn't seem to be many holes for him. He'd have snagged all three of his targets too if he hadn't turned up field to soon on the first.

Hull looked very slow in persuit in the third quarter. He doesn't seem to be versatile and if someone (RayRay) can prove competent on ST's I think he could be bubbled.

I watch the game online at athde(dot)eu
    Last edited by Richbert88; -08-09-2013 at 01:12 AM.
    Semper Fi!

citr92 is offline Registered User

yea, stacy looks like he's jumping pead

same with benny cunningham, ran well too (and returned better as well)

reynolds did okay, didn't see too much, maybe he was blocking more..

quick seems to be getting it, just don't drop the ball....definitely needs to work on that

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Huh.... I really liked Kosar.... seriously, totally refreshing to hear a real football curmudgeon again.The Hanifan of Cleveland & I'll bet his broadcasting career will be as brief & hilarious. Does anyone disagree that Clemens is a stiff ? He praised and analyzed in a brutally unpartisan way,imo. And anyone who has the 'nads to stand next to Jim Brown in Cleveland & call him merely "one" of the best ever is OK in my book.

Jake Long looked good as well,iirc. Some nice runblocking by the ones overall but pass pro was spotty.Later, I liked the way Stacy finished his runs. He's a beefy burrower with burst.

Bailey's arms move to snatch the ball like they're attached at the wrist or like some weird double-tongued frog slurping a fly. They just pop out and gobble the ball. I like him.

Ogletree is a big fast deer in the headlights. They picked on him a lot but he sure can fly.

Did Jenkins even play ?
    Cook was on the field a few times....
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

thought he said that jim brown was THE best...

but complaining to watch players, saying "we" and "us" when referring to the browns....stop..

was right about the receivers mostly, but i don't think it was from a level headed perspective...some receivers did fairly well, like givens, bailey, and radway (just that one drop)

but gosh dang....never heard commentary like that, and there's been some bad ones

and kellens isn't THAT bad, he's the third string, but c'mon, he led a scoring drive...and signed the pope a freakin autograph
    Last edited by citr92; -08-09-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Sam was OK.... 5 of 8 for 102 yards and one touchdown he had a 145.8 quarterback rating. Not bad for a practice session.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Sam was OK.... 5 of 8 for 102 yards and one touchdown he had a 145.8 quarterback rating. Not bad for a practice session.
    don't forget he had two or three drops....

austin was one, quick another....i THINK there was a third but i forget...

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    don't forget he had two or three drops....

austin was one, quick another....i THINK there was a third but i forget...
    Stay focused on the positive
    r8rh8rmike and citr92 like this.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Richardson had the other drop, and it was the play that Saffold was injured. Does that mean that all three of Bradford's incompletion passes were drops?

My take on the game:

Defense was reeeeally vanilla. I can't even give much of an opinion on it. Run defense looked good. Ogletree needs some work, but boy he delivered some hits.

Sammy was sharp. He moved well, showed touch, and commanded his huddle. Exactly what I wanted to see.

I don't think anyone can question that we have the strongest special teams legs. Absolutely BOOMING punts by Hekker and two 50+ yard chip shots from Legatron.

Wish we'd gotten to see Tavon more, but we can't always get what we want. Quick and Bailey impressed me, as did Rad. Givens is gonna be a straight up baller.

Neither Richardson or Pead showed me much of anything. Rich ran decisively into tacklers and dropped an easy pass that would've been a first down. Pead... Well, it's all been said. Hold on to the ball, young man.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Have to agree with your observations, although I lack the confidence that you seem to have. God forbid we ever lose Sam. We have absolutely nothing in the way of a backup. I was not impressed with the OL protections and I'm uncertain of the depth within that unit.

The defense was ugly, but it is early. As we learned last year, Fisher likes to see preseason peak in the 3rd game.

After tonight I really don't like pead at all. I hate to say it but he kinda reminds me of a trung candidate or worse. I was a bit disappointed that we did not see anything from Cook or Austin after all the flipping hype.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast