Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A Few Game Observations

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: A Few Game Observations

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Huh.... I really liked Kosar.... seriously, totally refreshing to hear a real football curmudgeon again.The Hanifan of Cleveland & I'll bet his broadcasting career will be as brief & hilarious. Does anyone disagree that Clemens is a stiff ? He praised and analyzed in a brutally unpartisan way,imo.
    You've gotta admit, after raking the "stiff" over the coals, it was pretty funny to watch it all blow up in his face with that amazing TD play. And I certainly didn't hear brutally unpartisan. I heard brutally partisan, like when he whined that the Rams didn't take advantage of press coverage, saying that's not how NFL teams play, but when Cleveland did the exact same thing, he made the excuse that they're playing it safe and trying to avoid injuries. Hilarious is right.
    Flippin' Ram and citr92 like this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

or like when he was...not okay with fisher's call about running the ball on third down or something when they should be trying to win the game...

eckch

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    or like when he was...not okay with fisher's call about running the ball on third down or something when they should be trying to win the game...

eckch
    That made me laugh as much as the time he had an emotional outburst on a Kellen Clemons pick along with the color commentator showing sour grapes on him.
    citr92 likes this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You've gotta admit, after raking the "stiff" over the coals, it was pretty funny to watch it all blow up in his face with that amazing TD play. And I certainly didn't hear brutally unpartisan. I heard brutally partisan, like when he whined that the Rams didn't take advantage of press coverage, saying that's not how NFL teams play, but when Cleveland did the exact same thing, he made the excuse that they're playing it safe and trying to avoid injuries. Hilarious is right.
    Kosar really shouldn't be the issue here but he DID repeatedly say that the QBs were not reacting to the D and vice versa & that the vet QBs on both sides were benefitting. Of course he's a homer & had more to say about the Browns, good or bad, but he's an old QB breaking down film more than anything & I thought it was interesting. And he DID praise Clemens when he shrugged off a blitzer & made a good throw. I get the umbrage at an outsider dissing ourplayers/coaches, especially after a mistake-riddled performance, but there WERE issues.And, no, not overly impressed with Clemens beating up on third stringers even with Ram 3rd stringers. The improv is fun but he's a vet in this system and he's always looked the weakest at executing it. Just my opinion.Damn good throw to Ribcage or whatever his name is, I'll admit.But it's those fkashes that make the inconsistency all the more damning.
    I wish we had the choice of broadcast like the old Audio Pass but, overall, I'd rather listen to a rude ex QB rather than a vapid professional gabber.

Kosar wasn't wrong to use the words awesome and perfect to describe the scoring drive earlier. I counted 7 defenders and 2 Rams in the center EZ but Bradford made it look "easy" getting the ball to Givens. Seven vs two...........Big EZ....just gettin' warmed up.....
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I thought Kosar sounded like he might have spent a little too much time tailgating before the game started. If Suzy Kolber was there he would have probably asked her for a kiss.
    Rambos and Bar-bq like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

A couple of things:

Sam looked amazing. The pocket was absolutely filled with garbage and he did an amazing job navigating though it. He was delivering lasers all night and looks DAMN good. Sam has really stepped up so far.

DRich looked like himself. Tough runner. Pead is making me look like an idiot. At this point, I'd put Stacy at a 50/50 split with DRich for the lead back role.

Stedman Bailey was very impressive. He's got a damn good set of hands. Very reliable. Quick made a few nice plays too, I'm proud of him. Givens is going to be our #1 no if's and's or buts about it.

T.J McDonald was all around the ball. He looks good.

Ray Ray Armstrong was also all around the ball. I think he sticks.

THE DREAM TEAM

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Agree with all of r8rh8r's observations. Bradford looked good for a first outing, looking very much in command and making all the throws. Richardson ran with conviction. Givens looked good. And though they weren't real impressive, I'm not overly concerned about the defense. And with the opportunities being given to multiple guys at the RB position, Pead better start positively distinguishing himself or he could find himself out of work.
    laram0 likes this.

MACD is offline Registered User

Givens and Bailey at wideout....I got a peaceful, easy feelin'.

Sam should have been 8 of 8...and was on target for all 8. I'd almost say rest him the rest of the pre-season. Practice is enough.

Let's get depth on the o-line next year!
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yeah, I broke down and paid for the NFL pre-season package, at a discount.
    IDK why you paid hahaha that is why I stated the other day to PM me I have like 20 sites that all stream it.....and thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so
    laram0 likes this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    moonjoe, u askin me?
    Not directly k-man, I was just surprised so many could see the game. I had no idea they were selling a pre-season package. Wow, learn something new every day!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

macrammer is online now Registered User

from what I saw (NFL Network snippets) it was meh. But then again, really only saw fumble, Browns TD and punt return lol

Did see the pass to givens. Very promising. did Austin play much? Do not think he had a catch.

Seems like we came out ok injury wise. I always feel Fish man is smarter then average bear and has the boys right where he wants them and shows what he feels like before REAL curtain goes up.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

My theory on Austin is that they don't want to show their cards on how he will be used too early.

I'm guessing that by the third preseason game, you'll see them running plays specifically designed for him.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Not really happy with the Rams performance last night. However, I am keeping it real.

It's obvious that there was NO actual game plan. It's obvious that the idea wasn't to "win" the game, but rather to evaluate the 60 or so that aren't already on Fisher's list of 53. Think about it - about half of the players on the field last night won't be in the NFL in just three more weeks.

We didn't see much of Tavon. There are two simple reasons for this - one, he's already a lock for the final roster. Second, Fisher isn't going to let our opponents see just what Tavon can do. Fisher isn't an idiot - he knows what he's doing.

As far as the rest of the guys - well, I think Marshall and Torry put it best when they were talking about how there used to be 21 full contact practices before the first preseason game - now there's 21 before the regular season, and preseason is the place to teach tackling.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Bernie Kosar was so awful that I felt bad for him. He's obviously not cut out whatsoever to be a commentator, whether it's due to concussions or anything else. He made a real azz out of himself last night.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

It's fine to hold back some on Austin...but the kid needs to get the ball in his hands a FEW times during these games, to get the feeling for real NFL ball carrying. Outside of the one pass attempt and him going back for the punt (which he never touched), he was invisible. Like I said before, nobody is gonna fear someone because of a 40 time. He has to prove he can make plays in the NFL.

Mr. Bradford will never survive the season with protection (or the lack thereof) like we saw last night. The pocket collapsed with ease...all night long. If this is what we can expect for line play in 2013, there will be no need to trade up for the next coveted draftee.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast