Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By FestusRam
  • 1 Post By LA Rammer
  • 1 Post By theodus69

Thread: A few key reasons why Fisher WILL take us to the promised land.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

A few key reasons why Fisher WILL take us to the promised land.

Theres no doubt Fisher has been far and away the best acquisition during the early offseason. Landing Fisher will prove to be the biggest piece to the puzzle to making the Rams a perennial powerhouse. I want to touch on a few reasons im confident that I havent seen mentioned to often(I could have missed it though). I hope that some of the skeptics will read this and realize the situation we are currently in.

1. Fishers coaching record and his second time around. Sure, Jeff Fisher in 17 seasons had a solid record, but thats not even the point. This record is impressive for a first time head coach dealing with an awful relocation and an owner who liked to sometimes make calls he shouldnt be making. The point here is, that his second time around, you would think his chances of bettering his record is high. After seventeen years of head coaching, he knows alot on every level of the game. No learning on the job, hes already got that down. Why wouldnt his second tenure go better than the first with all the experience under his belt coupled with an owner who plays to win and has more than enough mula?

2. The quality of coaches pouring in. Look, at the end of the day, were just fans. We dont know how good any coach is at every facet of the game on and off the field. You know who has the best idea of the quality of a coach? Other coaches. It speaks volumes on how well respected Fisher is when he lands basically every coach he desires. Coaches with experience too. They have to believe in him to come to an organization thats been so pathetic. Dave Mcginnis spoke about how well Fisher knows every level of the game. He couldnt wait to be a part of Fishers staff once again. Thats gotta give everyone some confidence.

3. Players love playing for the man. He has already proven in Tennessee he will get the most out of his team on gameday. Fisher is an ex-player himself. Players know that Fisher knows what theyre are going through. Thats a huge common ground to immediately have with every player you coach. I love the reports I get about how his teams have fun but put in the work they need to. What a great atmosphere for players to come into. That Mayne Event special he did was hilarious. Fishers also very personal with his players. He gets to know them and shows he cares for them. They'll be playing hard for Fisher every chance they get. Hes going to bring in some talent in FA as well as he rebuilds the teams.

The futures bright for the Rams boys and girls
    J-RodRamFan likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: A few key reasons why Fisher WILL take us to the promised land.

because he is the chosen one
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Fisher is an ex-Bear who coached in Suberbowl XX. The best team ever to play in a Super Bowl, well before the 1999 Rams. We now join the ranks of the ninners, Vikings, and Panthers with having a member or coach of that team as our head coach.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

In light of hiring two previous head coaches who were younger and previously served as coordinators, the Rams made the smart move this time and went after a guy with a proven track record in Jeff Fisher. The move was an excellent one on many levels- not the least of which is that the Rams become relevant again and shows that Stan Kroenke is serious about winning.

The reasons listed above are valid. An experienced, hard-nosed guy who is nonetheless considered a player's coach is the right guy to take over this team- a team that need's toughening up in the worst way. While Fisher might not be in the Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick class, he's not going to be outcoached by too many people. He knows the game inside and out, having served on the rules committee.

No one knows for certain if a guy will pan out. After all, many amongst us (me included) thought Spags was the right hire. How wrong we were. But it's a pretty good bet that a guy with 17 years of NFL coaching experience can identify the problems that face this team and correct them, starting with a solid draft in April.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

One thing that is bothering me at the moment, is a nagging thought about the existing players Spags left behind. First and foremost, a Jeff Fisher team is a tough, hard nosed group, who play to the whistle each and every snap. The current Rams players dont exactly fit this Fisher mould.? Does anyone out there believe Fisher has the HC ability, to bring the beast out of, the many character guys on the roster. If not, I think their is going to be some wholesale changes made in the next few years.?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    One thing that is bothering me at the moment, is a nagging thought about the existing players Spags left behind. First and foremost, a Jeff Fisher team is a tough, hard nosed group, who play to the whistle each and every snap. The current Rams players dont exactly fit this Fisher mould.? Does anyone out there believe Fisher has the HC ability, to bring the beast out of, the many character guys on the roster. If not, I think their is going to be some wholesale changes made in the next few years.?
    I think it's gonig to be a player-by-player basis. Here's some players that (appear to me anyway to) have the mental toughness to thrive under Fisher:

1. Chris Long
    2. James Laurinaitis
    3. Steven Jackson
    4. Harvey Dahl
    5. James Hall
    6. Darian Stewart
    7. Bradley Fletcher
    8. Danny Amendola
    9. Chris Chamberlain

Those that I question:

1. Brandon Gibson
    2. Jacob Bell
    3. Jason Smith
    4. Lance Kendricks
    5. Justin King
    6. Austin Pettis
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

We will rally behind Jeff fisher and we will play good football...

bcrox123 is offline Registered User

i think he will be a great coach. he seems determined to bring this franchise back to winning.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I have high hopes for him as well and think he will produce as also

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I think it's gonig to be a player-by-player basis. Here's some players that (appear to me anyway to) have the mental toughness to thrive under Fisher:

1. Chris Long
    2. James Laurinaitis
    3. Steven Jackson
    4. Harvey Dahl
    5. James Hall
    6. Darian Stewart
    7. Bradley Fletcher
    8. Danny Amendola
    9. Chris Chamberlain

Those that I question:

1. Brandon Gibson
    2. Jacob Bell
    3. Jason Smith
    4. Lance Kendricks
    5. Justin King
    6. Austin Pettis
    You can add Robert Quinn to the bottom list also. I hope Fisher can knock that smile of his face, for next year. Defensive and offensive lineman need to take note, because they could be in for a rude awakening in camp. The top group should fit in fine with Fisher. Although I would like to see a few of them get a bit meaner out there on the field.? Its going to be interesting, to say the least in camp. I know people will not like me saying mean things about Quinn, and its no reflection of his play as a rookie. But if he wants to be one of the best, he will need to play with bit more of edge.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -02-12-2012 at 01:59 PM.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Jeff Fisher could become the first coach ever to lose a suber bowl and then turn around and win a super bowl with team he lost to in two different centurys!!!!! wow what a stat!!! It could happen.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Dog
    You can add Robert Quinn to the bottom list also.
    Really? That's interesting. I hadn't seen enough out of him to definitively put him in the top list. But I certainly hadn't seen anything that would put him in the bottom list either.

What is it that makes you want him in the bottom list?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Really? That's interesting. I hadn't seen enough out of him to definitively put him in the top list. But I certainly hadn't seen anything that would put him in the bottom list either.

What is it that makes you want him in the bottom list?
    I think he will be fine, Ive was just hoping to see a bit more fire from him last year. Seems a very laid back type of person to me. Easy going. Hopefully Fisher will coach it out of him. Im being a little over picky here Hub, this guy is the least of our concerns really.