Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

A few points that require my enlightenment

Comment as you will, but there some silliness that I no longer can keep quiet about. Let's begin shall we?

Silly point #1 = BRING BACK ADAM TIMMERMAN.

How much do you people hate Adam Timmerman to want to bring him back. He's old and hurt. His shoulders were about to fall off when he was here; how much worse would game play be on him now that he's a full year removed from contact? Not to mention, we're having this conversation because 31 other teams have already said no thanks.

Let the poor man retire in peace!

Silly point #2 = SPEND 1ST PICK ON A QB

I've heard this play before. Older QB is face of franchise, and showing signs of wearing down. We better go get a first round QB to replace our current franchise QB.

And 3 years later, Aaron Rodgers is still holding Favre's clipboard.

Silly point #3 = IF WE HAD BILL/MARTY SCHOTTENHOWER, WE'D WIN A FEW.

No, no we wouldn't. This offense has been utterly destroyed with injuries. Every single position has been touched by injury, and now the ones returning are still slowed by injury. Few are 100% and the ones who are weren't any good to start with. Anything short of a morph of Lombardi, Nostradamus, and Moses won't win with the players our offense puts on the table.

That being said, does anyone believe Linehan ISN'T over his head?
    --------------

Just thought I'd straighten a few things out for you guys. You're welcome.

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Re: A few points that require my enlightenment

You maid plenty of sence

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I agree with your second and third points, however, we need bodies for the line whether they're old, young or crippled. Timmerman knows the team, knows the schemes, and if he can block somebody for a few seconds, it's better than the guys we have in there now. There's nothing wrong with bringing him in for a workout.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'll go with 1 and 2 but not 3. I think a more experienced coach might have been able to eke out at least one or two of the close games. I don't think anybody would have managed a winning record under the circumstances, but some of those early games we were relatively healthy and still had major problems. Some of the decisions in the ***** game were questionable, and the game plan against Tampa Bay was just plain bad. After several games, Linehan as much as admitted that he would have done things differently in retrospect. Of course, part of the issue here is experience. I'm sure guys like Cowher and Schottenheimer made mistakes early in their careers, too. The real question with Linehan is whether he can actually right the ship. So far my magic eight ball is reading "outlook not so good".

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

#1. I agree. He's done.

#2. Bulger is our man.

#3. Schottenheimer or Cowher even Parcells or Jimmy Johnson. Sure they wouldn't have all made the same decisions as Linehan. However that doesn't mean the outcome of our games would have been any different.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    we need bodies for the line whether they're old, young or crippled. Timmerman knows the team, knows the schemes, and if he can block somebody for a few seconds, it's better than the guys we have in there now. There's nothing wrong with bringing him in for a workout.
    Old, young, or crippled? Shoot let's bring in Stephen Hawking. He meets 2 of those requirements. If he can block somebody for a few seconds, why not?

The problem is Stephen Hawking and Adam Timmerman have something in common: Neither of them can physically block NFL lineman. Every guard on our roster has been injured this year, yet AT never saw the field, practice nor game. Most of the other teams in the league could have used a veteran guard, yet none of them brought AT in either. He's done. Might as well call up Jackie Slater or Rich Saul since the geriatric blocking scheme appears to be en vogue.

Where I agree with you is bringing him in for a workout. The big guy could probably go for a free lunch.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Quote Originally Posted by goldenfleece
    I'll go with 1 and 2 but not 3. I think a more experienced coach might have been able to eke out at least one or two of the close games.
    Don't sell yourself short. It turns out you DO agree with me on 3. Congrats!

I can see where you think you don't. I blame myself for not clarifying. When I say "win a few", I'm referring to a winning season. Jimmy Parschottenhower could probably be 1-6 or 2-5 at this point, but would that really matter? In the XFL, I mean NFC-West, it may have. However, in the broad spectrum of the NFL and it's march to the Lombardi throne room, the difference between 0-7 and 2-5 is negligble.