Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By richtree
  • 1 Post By OldRamsfan

Thread: A few small things I've noticed that bear watching...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A few small things I've noticed that bear watching...

1. When Sam Bradford has the time to throw, he is deadly. However, when pressured, he is still rushing throws (throwing the "fastball" instead of the "change-up"). I think that is what has lead to a lot of his blocked passes. The more comfortable he gets (and I have little doubt he will continue to increase his comfort zone), the less we'll see that sort of thing.

2. The shoestring "sack" by Tuck aside, I think that good things often happen when Sam rolls to his right. I'd like to see more of that.

3. While Danario Alexander did some great things, he does have a bad habit of stopping to catch the ball on fly patterns, rather than catching the ball in stride. I'd like to see him catch a ball on the run and take it to the house.

4. From my vantage point, it seemed that Robert Quinn was getting near the QB on a fairly regular basis. What was more surprising was that I actually noticed him being double-teamed on two plays. His biggest impact this year may be the way he can help free up Chris Long, who already has 2 sacks.

5. Given the way the Rams use their safeties - often helping "over the top" to allow the CBs to play closer to the line of scrimmage, I think we need someone with more range than Dahl at FS. I wonder if we might start seeing Jermale Hines on the field soon.
    OldRamsfan likes this.

JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User

Re: A few small things I've noticed that bear watching...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    3. While Danario Alexander did some great things, he does have a bad habit of stopping to catch the ball on fly patterns, rather than catching the ball in stride. I'd like to see him catch a ball on the run and take it to the house.
    I like how he attacks the ball and catches it at its highest point. But i understand what your saying.

richtree is offline Registered User

I agree with everything you said, more often, I would like to just see adjustment "in game".

For example, when we weren't running the ball against the Giants huge front 4, why not mix in some WR Screens???

or do something different when things aren't working....Also, love seeing Bradford rolling out on First down, because there are times when he can run for 3 -4 yards., thats better than a RB sometimes
    live4ramin likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I agree with everything you said, more often, I would like to just see adjustment "in game".

For example, when we weren't running the ball against the Giants huge front 4, why not mix in some WR Screens???
    We did it cost us 7 points

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I would like to just see adjustment "in game".
    You're coming very close to criticizing the coaching.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Bradford indeed is showing signs of greatness in the pocket when he has the protection. He needs to develope his game dealing with situations under pressure. His leading of the Rams offensive execution is a step slow, especially in the redzone. Sam has a surefire arm, one of his strong points.

The assessment of DX is spot on by AV. Alexander tends to fall to the ground neeedlessly after each catch, instead getting possible YACs.

Chris Long got a sack, but showboated with the Rams down by 12 late in the game. No need for it.

There's plenty positives, but if this team has any pride, they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot so many times. The Rams follies is a lack of team pride. remember '53 as 1', does that actully mean anything to these guys.

If so they're not showing it yet!
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-21-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

After watching the game on NFL rewind , I feel better about the future , Yes their was miscues again and some non-execution . NO EXCUSES But I'm starting to feel these last two games may have helped us more than some realize , Lets remember The Rams are playing teams that are very good NFL teams with a lot of veteran talent and have combined in the last 11 yrs 9 Div titles and Superbowl's , I truly feel these loses (even tho very hard to watch) could be a good thing , Having to deal with some of the top teams in the NFL right away . This is experience is in valuable imo , With the Rams moving the ball and the Def. doing a good job without the miscues of course I think we have done a fairly good job with what we have at this point , Mark my words my follow Rams Fans We will start to see things change as the season goes on . Even tho these losses are very hard to take , We would have lost to them last year , But now WE lost them our-self not being simply be beat by them , with the help of playing better teams it will make us a lot better as a team . Keep the faith you will be rewarded .
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -09-24-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.