Rambos is offline Registered User

A few things I have been reading lately

The Cardinals are going to win the west! Enough all ready this is still a two-team race and I have us with the edge over the hawks 3-0 last year.

Martz really, really, really wants to fix the not so special teams this year and I hope for once he is just not talking to hear himself. We have to get this thing right; it cant be that hard to become average on special teams can it?

I have read where Martz is going to change some thing on the offensive scheme.

We are kind of moving in a different direction anyway. We will go with a lot of two tight end stuff so in essence they are both starters.

I was hoping to see us spread it out with the play of Curtis and Mc Donald last year. Marshal and Jackson in the backfield, Marshal in motion, Holt, Bruce, Curtis and Mc Donald. I want to hear empty, empty!!! Not max protect, hes joking right.

One last note the NFL channel is going to have 55 pre-season games in 25 days thats cool.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: A few things I have been reading lately

One last note the NFL channel is going to have 55 pre-season games in 25 days thats cool.
    Ya but they're only showing one Ram game vs SD and I'm attending that one. :tut
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    I have read where Martz is going to change some thing on the offensive scheme.

We are kind of moving in a different direction anyway. We will go with a lot of two tight end stuff so in essence they are both starters.

I was hoping to see us spread it out with the play of Curtis and Mc Donald last year. Marshal and Jackson in the backfield, Marshal in motion, Holt, Bruce, Curtis and Mc Donald. I want to hear empty, empty!!! Not max protect, hes joking right.
    Using more two tight end sets does not necessarily equate to using more max protection, I don't think.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I just HOPE that he plans on using a more "pass balanced" O. Perhapse we will see a 1000 yrd rusher. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Rambos is offline Registered User

I guess Im making the assumption if we are going with more two TE sets, its not to go to a TE but to protect, maybe we will run more out of those sets. I would think if we have two TE we would be doing it to protect first. Its early Martz will be saying many things that will never happen.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Martz has always seemed to be impressed by Steven Jackson's ability to wear out defenses and "get better" with more carries, so I hope that translates into more 20-carry games for a little more balance. Of course, with the foursome of receivers we have [Kevin Curtis and Shaun McDonald having another year under their belts], I think we could pass on every down and still have a winning record.

I just get the feeling that Steven Jackson will have 1,400+ yards rushing, and Martz critics will start yelping about how he should have called more running plays when Marshall was still in his prime. They aren't the same running backs, though, and #28 never seemed to "get into a rhythm" throughout the game but rather had bursts here and there, when the situation was right. I believe Jackson will provide a more consistent running game, Martz will come to trust it, and we'll see this offense as close to balanced as ever. If Rex Tucker and Roland Williams can stay healthy [yeah, those "if"s], we might even see some games with more rushing than passing attempts.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I quit listening to Martz' preseason quotes a long time ago. I'm convinced that the majority of what he says this time of year is just to give the PD guys something to write about the next day.

However, since we're talking about different schemes, we have the personnel to do some very imaginative formations. With Curtis, McDonald, & Faulk, Martz could spread out everything with a lone back or send Faulk along the line and have FIVE receivers! Or with Manu, Roland and a 270 lb Hedgecock, Martz could start wearing out the inside. And my personal favorite, split out 3 wide (Holt, Bruce, Curtis) with Jackson (230 lb) and Hedgecock (270 lb) in the backfield. Now as a DC, what do you do? Split your cover to stop three of the fastest receivers in the league or force the box to stop the combined 500 lb of running back emerging from behind the line? A DC can't do both, it'll be a guessing game every down.
    Last edited by HUbison; -07-29-2005 at 10:35 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Or with Manu, Roland and a 270 lb Hedgecock, Martz could start wearing out the inside.

This makes me salivate in the Red Zone. Perhaps we could actually start scoring from inside the twenty?

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

CarolinaRam is offline Registered User

A lot has been said about creating more of a balanced attack in previous years. With the additions to the O-line and also Jackson starting, I wonder if this will be the year. Whatever Martz gives us, I'm sure it will still be unconventional.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

That's why we love the guy.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".