Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: A few things on my mind...Training Camp

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

A few things on my mind...Training Camp

I've just got a few thoughts that I feel like sharing for opinion and discussion.

-Amendola is looking terrific. He may actually be better than he was before his injury. He's beating Finnegan a fair amount and is continually making plays. I really forgot how valuable and how much of a playmaker Amendola was and could be for us.

-Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein is the real deal. He may be the best rookie kicker, ever. I'm so excited to see this guy boot 'em from 55-60 yards on Sundays.

-If we can get Steve Smith pre-injury form, we really struck gold. He's basically had 2 off years to heal himself and is looking good. He is much like Amendola, except he will play on the outside as well.

-Greg Salas is the biggest sleeper on this team. Precise routes, great hands, decent speed and size, and a killer YAC guy. I think Greg will be a terrific WR in the NFL.

-I wan't to see Daryl Richardson healthy, and I also want to hear something about RB Calvin Middleton. We already know Pead has the COP and #2 role, I wan't to hear about #3 and #4.

-McIntosh is a monster. Last year he single-handedly embarrassed us in our meeting vs the Redskins. If he can get caught up, and get aligned and gel with the #1's soon, he can be a good OLB.

-Janoris Jenkins will be the DROY, no doubt about it. He looks like a veteran out there. Cannot wait to see a combo of Finnegan and Jenkins covering WR's.

-I think Quinn "Moose" Ojinnaka will be the starter at LG and we will have Robert Turner or Rokevious Watkins as a swing tackle in short yardage situations.

-Darian Stewart will be a breakout player this year. He has amazing range and is a good tackler (even though PFF graded him terribly). He has the makings of an elite FS in this league.
    live4ramin and berg8309 like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: A few things on my mind...Training Camp

Cool! Have you been at the practises, Sosa?

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Cool! Have you been at the practises, Sosa?
    I wish man! I live way too far, but I will attend one day. I've just been inhaling all the info I can off of like 9 different websites and like 30 sources . I also watched a decent amount of today's practice over NFLN.

THE DREAM TEAM

I just realized I delivered this info as if I were there to watch.. Sorry for misleading you guys if I did, but I did not get to see practices live.

THE DREAM TEAM

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Great observations. I attended practice yesterday despite the 107 degree oven that was Rams Park.

-Zurlein made a 60 yarder yesterday but missed a 64 yarder slightly to the right. He had plenty of leg though.

-Hekker's punts were beautiful and had a ton of hangtime. He shanked one out of about ten punts. Amendola was the returner for all punts.

-Salas and Quick looked amazing. Quick will definately be a weapon in the redzone. He went over the top of two defenders to steal away a ball in the back of the end zone and managed to get both feet down in bounds. Salas has been a machine at practice. If Givens continues to play like he is now when the pads go on, we are in for a real treat. This kid can fly. His route running was great as he eluded the DBs and Safeties allowing him to have several catches and two TDs. Predictions this early are worthless, but if the first three days of practice are any indication, I put Amendola, Quick, Givens, Salas, Pettis, and Gibson on the board. Steve Smith has gotten a lot of targets, but seems to fail in getting seperation. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision.

-Kendricks had two terrible drops back to back at the beginning of 7 on 7s. Hoomi looks great and has a great presence on the field.

-The team did a lot of 2 minute drills with no timeouts. Actually, Sam got 50 seconds, Kellen got 50 seconds, and Brandstater and Davis got 1:30 to go 80 yards. Sam scored. Kellen got to the 10. Brandstater got to the 40. Austin Davis, the Rookie, scored with a pass to the right corner of the end zone (can't remember who caught it). Davis and the receiver celebrated by throwing their hands in the air. The fish called a penaly on them and assessed them back to the 20 and made it third down (Fisher, the coaches, and the team all started laughing as the players and fans booed the call). Davis did not score again.

-Robert Quinn and Chris Long are going to dominate this year. Once again, no pads and limited contact, but Quinn beat Saffold about 75% of the time and actually beat Long to the QB most of the time. Breakout year.

The rams are hosting a scrimmage in the Edward Jones Dome on Saturday that is free to the public. I will be in attendance and will be able to provide details about full contact play.

Ramhearder

Rambos is offline Registered User

Amendola, I think a lot of fans and media forgot what he brings to the table. The media keeps asking have the Rams done enough to get weapons for Bradford, which is a fair question. But they never really address how much Amendola will improve the Rams offense by getting him back.

Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein will he kick it out of the endzone for a touch back more often then not?

Fisher said yesterday we will cut receivers that will make other teams rosters. I think we have a good group but do we have elite receivers?

Greg Salas, I agree! Did I mention he went to the same high school I did... homer alert

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quinn beat Saffold about 75% of the time
    And here we have a prime example of the Training Camp Paradox: Is Quinn that good? Or is Saffold that bad?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rammed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And here we have a prime example of the Training Camp Paradox: Is Quinn that good? Or is Saffold that bad?
    When lineman are in shells that's hard to judge. Coming days when pads are on, that's the time for lineman judgements!

And as for your choices I hope it's the first.....

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    -Amendola is looking terrific. He may actually be better than he was before his injury. He's beating Finnegan a fair amount and is continually making plays. I really forgot how valuable and how much of a playmaker Amendola was and could be for us.
    And yet the past two off-seasons, several posters have been fairly adament that there is no way Amendola will be on the team past training camp. Always boggles my mind.

Nice little summary, the main news to me is that we managed to get this far without half the secondary suffering season-ending injuries.
    Last edited by berg8309; -08-01-2012 at 11:32 AM.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

One name i havent heard is jerome murphy. Anyone hear anything on him?

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    And yet the past two off-seasons, several posters have been fairly adament that there is no way Amendola will be on the team past training camp. Always boggles my mind.
    You echo my exact sentiments. Finnegan has flat-out stated that Amendola is the best slot receiver he's ever guarded (seriously, check ESPN Blog), and he's mixed it up with some of the very best. People continue saying that he's not a playmaker, yet he's our best return man. He's this team's best receiver, and I fully expect him to prove it this year.
    HUbison likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    You echo my exact sentiments. Finnegan has flat-out stated that Amendola is the best slot receiver he's ever guarded (seriously, check ESPN Blog), and he's mixed it up with some of the very best. People continue saying that he's not a playmaker, yet he's our best return man. He's this team's best receiver, and I fully expect him to prove it this year.
    Well, you know, this roster is just FILLED with players capable of leading the league in All-Purpose Yardage.....so yea, Danny is expendable.

---Sarcasm Off---
    MauiRam and Ramendola16 like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Nice little summary, the main news to me is that we managed to get this far without half the secondary suffering season-ending injuries.

Jeeeezzzzzzz......you had to go and jinx it, didn't you?
    Nick likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post

Let's just hope that's not just Finnegan losing a step. At 10 million per, I'd prefer not hearing that from him again.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Jeeeezzzzzzz......you had to go and jinx it, didn't you?
    OR it was a double jinx, by purposly jinxing it, as I knew by saying it, it would happen, but because I was expecting it to happen, it wouldn't!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast