Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Fight at the scrimmage

Rumor is running around the net that Incognito and OJ started a pretty large scrum at todays scrimmage. Apparently OJ had some what of a late hit on Jackson and Cogs jumped on OJ and then Carriker jumped Cogs. Couple helmets flew, words exchanged and a little scrumm'in.

This is what I like to hear...now that to me officially starts the competition of camp.

Let you know more when more info comes out.

Re: Fight at the scrimmage

Here is racetech's version of the story

Ones on the field. Handoff to Jackson up the middle. Stacked up pretty well. I believe it was Chavous who hit Jackson in the stack and Steven took extreme exception to it. To this point in camp, things have not been at full speed and nobody is allowed to belt anybody too hard. Jackson was on fire, then Little chimed in... lots of pushing & shoving. The team gathered around. A helmet, I believe it was Jacksons came out. Atogwe I believe thew it back at the players. Okay, that's not cool. Here comes Cogs. Richie threw the helmet a good 10 yards and did some shoving. Then Tinoisamoa came roaring in from behind and just belted the bejesus out of Richie from behind. Richie's one tough hombre; he barely noticed, but found himself on the ground face first. More pushing & shoving as the fight headed to the spectator's right. It went on for maybe a half minute, then quickly subsided.

Richie got up with no change in expression. Know what. Richie doesn't really get angry like most. He doesn't start hollering and throwing arms around. I don't think he was that upset--it's just second nature for him to take care of situations physically. You gotta luv our 305 lb. team behavioral disorder. Very Happy
    Here is averagejoe's

OJ had a semi-late hit on SJ, but nothing that bad. Both sides enter a big pile up, pushing and shoving, Jacksons helmet gets thrown to the other side of the field, not sure who threw it. After everything settled down, I think Incognito threw his helmet at one of the defenders walking away (probably OJ, not sure though), somebody then jumped on Incognito (Carriker maybe?). That was the end

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

I really like what I'm hearing. You gotta smile when your teams players got each others backs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    I really like what I'm hearing. You gotta smile when your teams players got each others backs.
    I can't believe you see this at all as anything positive. The last thing I want is any intersquad tension. We won't get anywhere if players on this team don't respect every other player on the team.

Haven't you guys seen, Remember the titans, the replacements, gridiron gang... or any other football movie ever made. THe message is pretty clear in all of them!

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

:O.....Cool.... Don't suppose anybody got some video footage of this for us?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I can't believe you see this at all as anything positive. The last thing I want is any intersquad tension. We won't get anywhere if players on this team don't respect every other player on the team.

Haven't you guys seen, Remember the titans, the replacements, gridiron gang... or any other football movie ever made. THe message is pretty clear in all of them!
    Many times when things like this happen "RESPECT" comes out of it.

The boys are playing for their jobs.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

as long as no one gets hurt, not a big deal.

guud,

In all honesty I believe that this is good thing for the team to grow and become a unit. Tensions need to be released to become healthy. It proves that each of them care for the other. As long as they work it out afterwards it will do nothing but help each unit gel.

Have you ever played ball?

Man, don't you have friends that you've got into fights with before?

If you get pushed, push back. As long as nobody breaks their hand or nose I don't think it's an issue. I do find it as a positive. By what I've read the offense had each others backs and the defense was there for each other. That's team work man.

from the one that shall not be named account of the scrum:

- FIGHT! FIGHT! Our first brawl of the 2007 camp, and it was a big one. While the starters were doing redzone drills, no tackling allowed, Jackson tried to break one up the middle and was "stopped" by a quick embrace by one of the linebackers. As the runningbacks typically do, Jackson kept running after he was let go, and as the defensive backs typically do, Atogwe stepped up in front of Jackson and bumped him since he was still moving towards the end zone. Well, Jackson, who likes to throw his weight around a little bit, gets annoyed and gives Atogwe a hard shove in the shoulder and starts to turn back to the huddle. Atogwe gets more annoyed than Jackson, steps up in his face, and gives him a hard shove back. BOOM! They start wrestling, someone pops someone else in the face, they go down to the ground throwing. It starts breaking up for a second, but then Incognito spots the ruckus and the fact his runningback is involved, suddenly he's sprawling on top of both of them, and the entire team converges. The crowd roared in approval and totally egged it on.

- They begin to disperse, and pull Cogs off Atogwe enough for him to get free. OJ jumps up, but look! he has Jackson's helmet in his hand, and he flings it Kyle Turley style at the sidelines. Incognito starts shouting, rips his own helmet off, hurls it at Atogwe hitting him, and then CHARGE! Incognito bullrushes OJ and they're both down on the ground. And the whole team swoops in again. Pandemonium ensues. The crowd around me starts mumbling in disapproval at Incognito, saying "cheap shot", and talking about behavior last season. Finally they get them separated, and all the starters are immediately ushered off the field and are done for the day.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -08-04-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I think these guys are about ready to start pounding on some other team for a while...

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Not a big deal.
    If anything...it's a good thing.
    Offense comes to aid for their guys.
    Defense comes to aid for their guys.

I mean, if you don't expect something like this to happen, you're on crack. lol
    It's hot..you go up against the same guys..over-and-over..beat each other up.
    It gets to you.

Let's just hope they get this helmet throwing thing out of their system before the season starts.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Let's just hope they get this helmet throwing thing out of their system before the season starts.
    they could have a contest at the end of practice and the player who can throw a helmet the farthest doesn't have to run sprints.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Fight at the scrimmage

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    they could have a contest at the end of practice and the player who can throw a helmet the farthest doesn't have to run sprints.
    LOL:r

Yeah, I wouldn't worry. I just hope they beat up the Panthers come Sept.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast