Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Final pre kickoff rituals

This thread is devoted to any rituals you perform as we head into the start of the new season. THese are NOT game day rituals, that will be a separate thread within the next day or two. These are the things you have to do in the week before the season starts to get ready, especially important this year as we are starting a new era in rams football with linehan at the helm and no marshall on the sidelines.

Here is what i am in the process of taking care of this week as part of the annual ritual

1) change all roles of toilet paper in the house
    2) new bars of soap (shampoo is optional)
    3) haircut
    4) change role of scotch tape
    5) new toothbrush (rams toothbrush of course) and new hair brush
    6) windex/pledge the full display area
    7) wear different shoes to work on friday
    8) thorough vacuuming of all areas of the display
    9) restock museum fridge with new water (all water from last season is cleaned out except for one bottle that remains for continuity purposes)
    10) Lay out game day clothes (including underwear, tshirt for under the uniform, sox, etc) for me and the kids (never change your game day sox or underwear during a winning streak)
    11) Final adjustments in rams display (last moving around of cards, uniforms, etc-cant move anything during a winning streak)
    12) Final test of dvd recording system
    13) on friday, print final roster with multiple copies for reference
    14) change towels in bathroom in museum
    15) get as much work done during the week as possible to minimize risk of having to do anything over the weekend
    16) saturday is picture taking day with the kids, full uniforms.
    17) Put on the game worn faulk helmets for good luck (take pictures)
    18) Put on the various rams horns hats for good luck (hard to explain, but i have actual rams horns sewn onto a hat)
    19) Compile new version of national anthem (i used the mormon tabernacle choir last year for the pre game anthem, i am converting to the marine corp band version). This is played before every game by me and the kids (wife wont participate, she is sure i am insane)
    20) Carefully compile music to listen to in the car in the week before the game. All of the following songs must be listened to in the week before the game: La Woman (doors), Green Grass and High Tides (outlaws), Rubberband Man (spinners), Message in a Bottle (police). Go rams Go (the mers from the 99 title season), Satisfaction, JJ Flash and sympathy for the devil (stones), We are family (pointer sisters), who let the dogs out (baja boys), celebration (cool and the gang), Cotton Eyed Joe, and of course, Gary Glitters classic Rock and Roll II (the Hey song)
    21) final check on the downstairs dvd player to be sure that The Hey song is ready to be played the instant the rams score a td (accompanied by game appropriate dancing with the kids)
    22) Testing and restocking of all light bulbs in museum area to make sure we are ready if a light goes out during a game
    23) Make phone calls/send emails to your personal list of good luck friends
    24) Gather food and grog for appropriate consumation the night before the game. Has to be a real bash, as refined sugar should not be consumed during the season when the squad is winning (must stay in shape with the team)
    25) Lift as much as possible. Must be as strong as you can be prior to kickoff of the season.
    26) Study final roster. You should have all 53 guys memorized by game day. Try to learn all the numbers so you dont have to rely on the announcers.
    27) Triple check with direct tv to make 100% sure your channel access is correct, especially the HD versions of the game. You dont want to leave this until game day.
    28) Like most things in my life, this list will have 28 items in honor of the greatest ram of all. Thus, last but not least, prepare game day game worn faulk uniform. Prayers and mantra for all deceased loved ones, while touching the faulk game worn uniform, are very much appreciated by those in heaven or elsewhere. We need all the help that we can get this year, there is no limit on our ability to access positive karma.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Final pre kickoff rituals

I would like to add a couple. Make sure the fire extinguisher is full, don't want a stupid fire to interrupt the game. Let all the air out of the car/truck tires, not doing any favors or running any errands for anyone during the game either.

LA RAM, i like the fire extinguisher suggestion. excellent thought.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

GC, is there a different ritual for everyone going to the bash ? i will not be home to go through my regular stuff so if you could give all of us a makeshift game day one ,that would work,also very true about the "HEY" song that must be played after every score and i still use the national anthem sung by Faith Hill, same one as SB34,i cant bring myself to change.i also have a room i go into(not as large as your museum) and sit by myself and think of a good Jack Youngblood moment and that gets me ready for the game.i will give an extra touch to the Marshall Faulk items for you this year,he will be missed on the field.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I will be putting a Rams "active desktop" background onto the work computer of at least 2 Broncos fans.

In addition, one of those fans will be driving to work on Friday in her Gold van with some nice, new navy blue graffitti on it.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I'm curious, general do you really do all of that? like #4 for example, where did that come from?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

10) Lay out game day clothes (including underwear, tshirt for under the uniform, sox, etc) for me and the kids (never change your game day sox or underwear during a winning streak)
    Always remember that underwear is reversible.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    This thread is devoted to any rituals you perform as we head into the start of the new season. THese are NOT game day rituals, that will be a separate thread within the next day or two. These are the things you have to do in the week before the season starts to get ready, especially important this year as we are starting a new era in rams football with linehan at the helm and no marshall on the sidelines.

Here is what i am in the process of taking care of this week as part of the annual ritual

1) change all roles of toilet paper in the house
    2) new bars of soap (shampoo is optional)
    3) haircut
    4) change role of scotch tape
    5) new toothbrush (rams toothbrush of course) and new hair brush
    6) windex/pledge the full display area
    7) wear different shoes to work on friday
    8) thorough vacuuming of all areas of the display
    9) restock museum fridge with new water (all water from last season is cleaned out except for one bottle that remains for continuity purposes)
    11) Final adjustments in rams display (last moving around of cards, uniforms, etc-cant move anything during a winning streak)
    12) Final test of dvd recording system
    13) on friday, print final roster with multiple copies for reference
    14) change towels in bathroom in museum
    15) get as much work done during the week as possible to minimize risk of having to do anything over the weekend
    16) saturday is picture taking day with the kids, full uniforms.
    17) Put on the game worn faulk helmets for good luck (take pictures)
    18) Put on the various rams horns hats for good luck (hard to explain, but i have actual rams horns sewn onto a hat)
    19) Compile new version of national anthem (i used the mormon tabernacle choir last year for the pre game anthem, i am converting to the marine corp band version). This is played before every game by me and the kids (wife wont participate, she is sure i am insane)
    20) Carefully compile music to listen to in the car in the week before the game. All of the following songs must be listened to in the week before the game: La Woman (doors), Green Grass and High Tides (outlaws), Rubberband Man (spinners), Message in a Bottle (police). Go rams Go (the mers from the 99 title season), Satisfaction, JJ Flash and sympathy for the devil (stones), We are family (pointer sisters), who let the dogs out (baja boys), celebration (cool and the gang), Cotton Eyed Joe, and of course, Gary Glitters classic Rock and Roll II (the Hey song)
    21) final check on the downstairs dvd player to be sure that The Hey song is ready to be played the instant the rams score a td (accompanied by game appropriate dancing with the kids)
    22) Testing and restocking of all light bulbs in museum area to make sure we are ready if a light goes out during a game
    23) Make phone calls/send emails to your personal list of good luck friends
    24) Gather food and grog for appropriate consumation the night before the game. Has to be a real bash, as refined sugar should not be consumed during the season when the squad is winning (must stay in shape with the team)
    25) Lift as much as possible. Must be as strong as you can be prior to kickoff of the season.
    26) Study final roster. You should have all 53 guys memorized by game day. Try to learn all the numbers so you dont have to rely on the announcers.
    27) Triple check with direct tv to make 100% sure your channel access is correct, especially the HD versions of the game. You dont want to leave this until game day.
    28) Like most things in my life, this list will have 28 items in honor of the greatest ram of all. Thus, last but not least, prepare game day game worn faulk uniform. Prayers and mantra for all deceased loved ones, while touching the faulk game worn uniform, are very much appreciated by those in heaven or elsewhere. We need all the help that we can get this year, there is no limit on our ability to access positive karma.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    love the list, except for greatest ram. i love faulk too, but the greatest ram is jack youngblood! with marshall a close second. GO RAMS :l

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Not only is it reversible, but can be turned inside out for additional uses..:O

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Bump for this...I still gotta know, GC was that list for real? Is the list the same this year or did you add or take anything away?

Its is ABSOLUTELY for real and i do it every year. This year i must be 100% sure to empty every garbage pail in the house before the game starts. The list goes on and on, its hard to list everything. i add new stuff as my little girls develop (they are 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 and they watch with me and have their own outfits)

Should i change my game day underwear? I wore the same pair all last year and we won three in a row to end the season. I have not washed them of course.

Its a new season, so i believe i will change them, but i will keep the old ones handy in case we are losing.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Final pre kickoff rituals

Hey GC, thanks for the rituals list.

I read your post to my wife as definitive proof that she's wrong when she says I'm the craziest Rams fan out there. Now, she says she won't give me as hard of a time when I perform some of my own crazy antics. That's a win win situation for me and you.... Thanks Man!!!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post

ummm.. technically it can be worn inside out AND reversible.. so at least 4 "uses"....

(so I have been told. I've NEVER attempted this myself)
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -09-08-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Dr5150 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    ummm.. technically it can be worn inside out AND reversible.. so at least 4 "uses"....

(so I have been told. I've NEVER attempted this myself)
    Then you need a travel pack for the times your wife sends you to the pub!!!:l

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I don't have any real rituals, though I am thanking the gods(and my signing bonus) for my new 50" plasma TV. Now the trick is getting the Rams game to be the one FOX shows me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast