Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Finally, a fight

By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

MEQUON, Wis. (Camp Day 11/early report)

It took 11 days and 15 practices before the first fight of training camp broke out Monday morning. The combatants were defensive end Leonard Little and fullback Richard Owens. But as brawls go, this was a dud. They rolled around the ground briefly, but no punches were thrown.

It was so mild that Richie “The Sheriff” Incognito didn’t even have to come in and break things up.

<><><>

Apparently a day and a half off did wonders for the soft-tissue injuries that had sidelined about a dozen players. Only four players remained on the sideline for Monday’s morning practice — cornerback Fakhir Brown (shoulder), defensive end Victor Adeyanju (finger), wide receiver Donnie Avery (pelvic bone) and tight end Anthony Becht (hamstring).

Some of the returnees were limited, sitting out “team” drills, but all were padded up.

All for now . . . more following the afternoon practice

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Finally, a fight

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    It may seem like its over now, but wait until Little has a few and runs him down in his car.

I know you guys will probably be mad at me for posting this but I'm sorry, I just can't cheer for Little. The man is a murderer. I love the Rams, but not him
    I don't give negative rep out often, but that over the top statement deserves it. He made mistakes, and has tried to make ammends to the family and society, and people like you just can't let it go. You don't have to like him, but your asinine statements just make you look like a fool.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

It may seem like its over now, but wait until Little has a few and runs him down in his car.

I know you guys will probably be mad at me for posting this but I'm sorry, I just can't cheer for Little. The man is a murderer. I love the Rams, but not him
    Absolutely ridiculous. It is quite well known that I am very disappointed about what happened in the past, but your remark is above and beyond and actually falls in the totally tasteless category. Disgusting.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

rollrams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    and people like you just can't let it go. You don't have to like him, but your asinine statements just make you look like a fool.

What if it was your wife, mother,or daughter that was killed. I wonder if you could let it go?
    Her name was Susan Gutweiler she was 47 at the time of the accident, she left behind a husband and a teenage son

RealRam is offline Registered User

Fully agree with RFTID and OldSchool.

To go back on LL tragedy, calling him a murderer is totally uncalled for.

I hope this thread goes back to the original article or else, that it be shut down.

Little and Owens make a good heavyweight wrestling match but I suspect they lack the quality trash mouthing of a spectacular WWF pre-clash argument on TV.

...Maybe Richie 'The Cog' Ram will show them how's it's done.

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollrams View Post
    What if it was your wife, mother,or daughter that was killed. I wonder if you could let it go?
    Her name was Susan Gutweiler she was 47 at the time of the accident, she left behind a husband and a teenage son
    What if..exactly. My mom's fine. If it HAD happened to her...then I'd have reason to say something like that. You, however...do not. It did not happen to you...you also don't know what Leonard went through. He hates himself for it. You personally don't know the dude..so...really..you should be quiet. You don't like him? That's whatever. Keep it to yourself.

Saying something like that makes you a better person, right? What he did was a mistake. What you said was just down right ignorant.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -08-05-2008 at 10:47 PM.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Oh come on, not this argument again. The last thread got closed. People have the right to think he's a murderer who got off easy and people have the right to think the opposite.

P.S.

I thought the joke was pretty funny even though I thought the original situation was not.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Let's get back on the subject here before it gets out of hand.

Fights in practice are sometimes a good sign. It means the players are getting a little fired up and getting ready to start hitting on other teams.

Glad we are starting to get some of those guys back from injury now. If we could only get Jackson in, it would be great. Now we gotta hope for minimal injuries through the preseason.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Go look up the definition of murdered. Little does NOT fit that definition. Did he kill someone? Yes. HE was sentenced, paid the price and has to live with it every day. IT doesnt make the woman any less dead, but there has never been any evidence that Leonard intended to hurt anyone, let alone kill them. Calling him a murderer is not only over the top, its grossly inaccurate. Manslaughter is not the same thing as murder and its not a technicality. Criminal conduct is about intent.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

At least nobody got their nose broken.

I am afraid to ask how Avery broke a pelvic bone.....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Is Richard Owens showing some teeth? Excellent! ...Now let's fight hard Vs. 2008 opponents.

Assuming he makes the team, I would think Owens will be able to pick his fights half the time as a FB and the other half as a TE. As long as he ends up being the winner.

How about LL! Seems he might be one of our defensive leaders afterall.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i think LL has been listening to ClanRam. After the despair shown on here when Hedgecock was cut and one of Linehan's cronies was bought in the whole board was in uproar and wanting a replacement. Maybe Little felt the same and was taking his anger out?

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

... but I'm sorry, I just can't cheer for Little.
    Then don't. In the meantime however, (as Izzy so eloquently suggested), stfu.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i think LL has been listening to ClanRam. After the despair shown on here when Hedgecock was cut and one of Linehan's cronies was bought in the whole board was in uproar and wanting a replacement. Maybe Little felt the same and was taking his anger out?

Then he should have taken his anger out on one of the 16 TE's on the roster that took Hedgecock's place!!!

"Fullbacks??? We don't need no stinkin' fullbacks!!!"- Scott Linehan

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Who's Richard Owens? This doesn't even seem to resemble a fight, it sounds like they just hugged eachother and fell over.

And we really don't need to hear how Little killed someone everytime his name comes up. But thank you for keeping your personal vandetta alive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast