RamWraith is offline Registered User

Fines given out to Ram players

Rams | Bruce fined $5,000
    Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:49:55 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports St. Louis Rams WR Isaac Bruce has been fined $5,000 for his actions during the Week 10 game. Bruce was fined for unnecessary roughness.

Rams | Incognito fined $5,000
    Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:47:37 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports St. Louis Rams OG Richie Incognito has been fined $5,000 for his actions during the Week 10 game. Incognito was fined for unnecessary roughness.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fines given out to Ram players

I was wondering if Ike was going to get slapped. That was a major leap into the crowd of players.

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Thats terrible! Hamlin attempts to take off Jackson's head and break his arm yet he doesn't even get mentioned. Incognito did what any NFL Lineman would of done when he saw what was going on with Jackson. This whole ordeal really gets me bent out of shape. Why should I be surprised though? All year we have been dealing with pathetic officiating.
    As always.....

GO RAMS!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

What a bunch of crap. Half the Seattle defense yanks, pulls, rips and piles on Jackson long after he crosses the goal line and two guys coming to the aid of a teammate being roughed up get the fines? I must admit I was a little miffed at Incognito when the penalty was called, but after seeing it again, he clearly reacted to a Seattle defender who puposely pushed Jackson in the back while he was trying to get up, LONG AFTER THE PLAY. I know the reaction usually gets the penalty, but what the Seahawks did to Jackson was right there for everybody to see and should have also been flagged.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

How many players are fined in an average week? I hardly ever pay attention to the fines so I have no idea what is normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Those fines were rediculous. Here's another from this week that is pretty stupid:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

"EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- New York Giants halfback Brandon Jacobs is unhappy with the NFL and plans to let them know about it.

Jacobs revealed Friday that the league fined him between $5,000 and $10,000 for shoving a football underneath his jersey to celebrate a touchdown run against the Chicago Bears on Sunday night.

Jacobs insists that he was not celebrating. He noted that when he puts the ball underneath his jersey to create a bulge around his stomach and then rubs it, he is acknowledging his wife Kimberly, who is pregnant.

What confuses Jacobs is that he did the same thing after scoring a touchdown against Tampa Bay on Oct. 29, and the league and the officials did nothing.

This time, he was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and later found a letter from the NFL waiting on a stool in front of his locker informing him of the fine. He would not disclose the exact amount of the fine.

"I am appealing," said Jacobs, who was surprised that his actions violated the celebration rules. "I think it's unnecessary for them to do that and not give me a warning."..."

bigredman is offline Registered User

Both the NFL and NBA have gone nuts. The fines and attitude of the league offices are akin to the plantation master's rule. To be fair, I think the league's actions are a direct result to the off field/court actions of the players. They can't control what the players are doing outside of the sport, so they crack down heavy where they do have control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i think some of the touchdown celebrations get fines because there stupid,pretending the ball is a baby,laying on the ground using the ball as a pillow,just plain stupid, i may be old school and i dont mind end zone celebrations but get rid of the stupid ones and start with chad johnson.if you want to do a tribute to a family member,act like a professional which is what your supposed to be.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -11-19-2006 at 08:18 AM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports St. Louis Rams WR Isaac Bruce has been fined $5,000 for his actions during the Week 10 game. Bruce was fined for unnecessary roughness.
    What? This one makes no sense, Ike the intimidator?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Isaac Bruce went flying into the pile late during the TD run. He took a good leap to get there and he was very easy to spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I got an idea, not sure if it's ever been tried before or anything. But why not just put a time cap on the celebrations, say 10 or 20 seconds or something, that's how long they can last, anything above you'll get fined and/or penalized. I'm not in favor of ridiculous crackdowns on celebrations and overly complicated, needless rules such as "no team celebrations", "no staged celebrations", "no celebrations involving the football" etc. But on the other hand obviously I'm not interested in minute-long celebrations that kill the flow of the game (well, more than the commercial breaks do already) either. So why not put a time-constraint on the celebrations and let the crowd judge for themselves whether they're stupid/insulting or whatever instead of having the league centrally determining what is "good taste" to do and not?