Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Finished

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Finished

With four weeks in the books, I'm officially done watching this football team. I cannot bear to go through this crap week after week again. The season is essentially over with games vs. Dallas, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and Green Bay still to be played. Anyone who thinks differently is either delusional or has on the world's biggest blinders. This is the absolute worst kind of tease; having an improved year last year, going 4-0 in the preseason, upgrading numerous positions, getting a highly thought-of O-coordinator and then putting forth an effort that is horrific four weeks in a row.

This team completely sucks. It is hard to believe, but we are again the worst team in football. Cincinnati? Carolina? Cleveland? Minnesota? Kansas City? They're all better than we are. And that includes every team in our division. There's absolutely no excuse for it.

Truth be told, if there was hope- some tangible sign that this team was on the right track and worth watching- I would. I simply don't see it. Spare me the "glass half full" nonsense. There isn't ONE THING on this football team to look forward to. Every unit stinks- from the o-line to the defensive backs to the receivers. No sacks for the d-line today. King burned again. Bradford looks completely lost- fumbled again and has a deer-in-the-headlights look about him.

Spags- a guy I wanted here and a guy I've defended- shows me he doesn't have what it takes to get this team to the next level. While there's plenty of blame to be spread around, The lack of good fundamental football rests squarely on his shoulders. Three years after he was hired, we're back to square one. We've lost three home games- two by decisive margins- and today was only close because Washington tried to give it away late. I have no faith In Spags or his assistants' ability to right the ship. They've done nothing up 'till now to inspire such confidence from me or anyone else who is has a lucid thought in their head. I will be shocked...SHOCKED if he lasts beyond this year.

So go ahead, tell me I'm wrong, call me a traitor- I could care less. Spare me the "It will be that much sweeter when they win" garbage. I'll be dead and buried when that happens. I've loved this team since I was 4 years old and I'm tired of being pissed off/disappointed/discouraged and having every Sunday ruined for 3 hours and beyond. I'm tired of expending negative energy watching this sad sack organization then venting on the forum. It's almost perverse what this team has put its fans through week after week since 2003 and in 15 of the last 21 years. Wake me up when these guys learn how to play the game.

At least they won't lose next week.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Finished

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    With four weeks in the books, I'm officially done watching this football team. I cannot bear to go through this crap week after week again. The season is essentially over with games vs. Dallas, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and Green Bay still to be played. Anyone who thinks differently is either delusional or has on the world's biggest blinders. This is the absolute worst kind of tease; having an improved year last year, going 4-0 in the preseason, upgrading numerous positions, getting a highly thought-of O-coordinator and then putting forth an effort that is horrific four weeks in a row.

This team completely sucks. It is hard to believe, but we are again the worst team in football. Cincinnati? Carolina? Cleveland? Minnesota? Kansas City? They're all better than we are. And that includes every team in our division. There's absolutely no excuse for it.

Truth be told, if there was hope- some tangible sign that this team was on the right track and worth watching- I would. I simply don't see it. Spare me the "glass half full" nonsense. There isn't ONE THING on this football team to look forward to. Every unit stinks- from the o-line to the defensive backs to the receivers. No sacks for the d-line today. King burned again. Bradford looks completely lost- fumbled again and has a deer-in-the-headlights look about him.

Spags- a guy I wanted here and a guy I've defended- shows me he doesn't have what it takes to get this team to the next level. While there's plenty of blame to be spread around, The lack of good fundamental football rests squarely on his shoulders. Three years after he was hired, we're back to square one. We've lost three home games- two by decisive margins- and today was only close because Washington tried to give it away late. I have no faith In Spags or his assistants' ability to right the ship. They've done nothing up 'till now to inspire such confidence from me or anyone else who is has a lucid thought in their head. I will be shocked...SHOCKED if he lasts beyond this year.

So go ahead, tell me I'm wrong, call me a traitor- I could care less. Spare me the "It will be that much sweeter when they win" garbage. I'll be dead and buried when that happens. I've loved this team since I was 4 years old and I'm tired of being pissed off/disappointed
    discouraged and having every Sunday ruined for 3 hours and beyond. I'm tired of expending negative energy watching this sad sack organization then venting on the forum. It's almost perverse what this team has put its fans through week after week since 2003 and in 15 of the last 21 years. Wake me up when these guys learn how to play the game.

At least they won't lose next week.
    I feel your pain, and he's the issues. We supposedly "upgraded" with some older free agents this year because we were going to "compete". Well:

1. I'm not sold on the QB
    2. We have no young talent at RB
    3. We have miniminal young talent at WR
    4. We have an overpriced, aging, underachieving OL. Saffold is terribly overrated.
    5. We have NO young talent at DT
    6. We have NO young talent at LB outside Lauranaitus.
    7. Only Fletcher and Stewart seem to have any future in the DB backfield.

Basically, this team sucks and we have minimal young talent.

heff is offline Registered User

You're definitely wrong about Bradford. I don't care about whatever else you wrote.
    AlphaRam and C-Mob 71 like this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

We still have 12 games to play.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Dear NJ,

I feel your pain too. I did not see game today but it would appear we once again stumbled and bumbled. To me, the biggest elemeent continues to be lack of any sort of fundamental football 101 aspect to this team. I was very hopeful that today, we would see solid play. We did stop our dubious string of opposing D scoring on us although a 3 play drive after Bradfrd fumble is a close replica.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Spare me the "It will be that much sweeter when they win" garbage. I'll be dead and buried when that happens... Wake me up when these guys learn how to play the game.
    Must be nice to be able to afford cryonics.

BTW, it will feel FANTASTIC when they win again, lulz.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I'm not sold on the QB
    Wrong, just wrong.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

The season is over. I dont care what anybody says. We've been embarressed for 4 weeks in a row now. Im already looking forward to next year. I'd love to see a move to L.A and a HC change to Jon Gruden. Sign Dwayne Bowe in FA and draft Alshon Jeffery in round 1 and were ready.
    THOLTFAN81 and locazn like this.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I concur.

Watching the Rams is a waste of time. We suck at all phases of the game. Sure you can use injuries as an excuse but come on man can it be the reason that our Dline, Oline, secondary, special teams, Rb's and so on suck???

I will always be a Rams fan win or lose but I can not take the abuse anymore. We've all paid our dues as fans. I guess we can once again look forward to April....

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I agree with just about all that has been said here, but I'll be watching every remaining game with the same anticipation I've had for the last 40 years. I don't know any other way.

That said, I'm REALLY glad I got the NFL Package for free this year.
    Nick, MauiRam and THOLTFAN81 like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree with just about all that has been said here, but I'll be watching every remaining game with the same anticipation I've had for the last 40 years. I don't know any other way.
    Same here brother. We need a huge spark to turn this season around. I think after the bye we will grab a W or 2. We get Clayton and Amendola back.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I feel your pain also NJ, watching this team every week come out with a lackluster performance is hard to swallow. I see nothing that gives the fan base any reason for hope, it seems like week in and week out this team regresses further and further. Lack of discipline, talent and effort fall squarely on Spags and Billy D and they should be replaced.

What is really a shame in all of this is we spent 50 million on a franchise qb who if he survives the season will have had so much damage done to his body and confidence from the beating he is taking that one day he may be on NFL networks top 10 draft busts! I'm not making that statement as a slam on Sam but more to the rest of the team that is surrounding him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

It's sad- it really is. Something that's been a big part of my life that is nonetheless a weekly misery and has been for quite some time. I't painful, it's unfair and pathetic all wrapped up into one. Don't want to deal with it again. I can't even second guess the off season moves and the draft. At the time, I had faith in what management and the coaching staff were doing, so to slam those moves now would be hypocritical. But it's painfully obvious they haven't worked- and last year's 7-9 improvement was fool's gold.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Could you imagine Lion fans that gave up on them. Well Lions are undefeated. These busters must feel so ashamed trying to fit in with those that toughed it out. Point there is sunshine behind a cloudy sky.
    San Diego Ram and sakl18 like this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

See ya later.
    AlphaRam and C-Mob 71 like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast