Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Finished

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Finished

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    Wrong, just wrong.
    What am I wrong about. Two opportunities at the end of the game to make big plays, and he failed on both throws to DX and Pettis.

I don't care about the bad offensive line, and all the hits, if he's going to be an elite QB, he's got to make those plays.

If he's already that like shellshocked that he cannot make those big time throws, he'll likely never recover. NO excuse for making the big throws when he has time.

I bet Sam doesn't have any excuses, because he's a realist and a MAN. And a tough MAN.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

It's sad because I set aside valuable studying time to watch Rams games every week on my laptop in my dorm room, only to feel like I've wasted so much time in the process. Every week, I feel like it will be a re-bound week, and then I see the same lackluster, sloppy, unenergetic performance given by this team.

*Bradford is starting to show signs of the wear and tear of being punished so much week after week. He doesn't look as confident, he goes down easier, and his bigger throws looked rushed and forced. I feel really bad for this guy.

*The o-line sucks. Saffold plays like he's 5'11 and 200 lbs. Jason Smith made Ryan Kerrigan look like a better prospect than Robert Quinn. Harvey Dahl and Jason Brown look like they are underachieving.

*Receivers and tight ends all suck. No excuses for this sorry unit. Lane Kendricks does not look like the same player he was in the pre-season. Mike Sims-Walker looked 100x better in Jacksonville. Brandon Gibson is non-existent.

*Steven Jackson is getting slower and weaker. He looks easier to bring down, and he doesn't go through the hole with as much authority as he used to. I will argue about this all day. Jackson is aging, and he doesn't have much time left. Caddy is decent, but can be shut down pretty easily. Norwood looks like he is running half-speed all the time. I don't see the coveted speed.

*Our defensive line is sporadic. Sometimes they will have glimpses of what we expect, and other times they are shut down completely. Robert Quinn and Chris Long needs to step up more.

*Our outside linebackers are over-rated. I don't find what's so solid about Poppinga and Leber. They are decent fill-ins at best.

*Our secondary is so bad. Bradley Fletcher and Quinton Mikell are the only ones I semi-trust. King sucks, Steward still looks lost often. Al Harris is ancient, and his legendary press coverage is mostly gone now.

*Special teams returners suck. Jerious Norwood looks terribly slow. Austin Pettis has no awareness. Everyone sucks.

*And where the heck is McDaniel's coveted offensive system? This offense is worse than last year's. Seriously.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    With four weeks in the books, I'm officially done watching this football team.
    I personally think it's a poor choice, but alas, it's a free country.

See ya.
    sakl18 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rob6465 is offline Registered User

me too. Glad i did not pay for it. Son (packer fan) is enjoying it...lol

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Yeah - about this...

I should be the first to gripe. You see, I used to like to watch the Packers play. I liked the more cerebral approach they brought to the game. I didn't get to see them often, and I would never call myself a fan, not even of football back then.

Then one day my ex (we had just met back then) called me from work and asked me to watch a preseason game. It seems that she usually tried listening to the games on the radio, but this one wasn't being broadcast, so she wanted me to call her if anything interesting happened.

The very first call I made was to tell her that she might as well forget about the entire season, since Trent Green went down with a knee injury.

A short time later, I called her, and I was excited to tell her that I thought the backup QB could take them all the way. It was some unknown guy named Warner who had instant chemistry with Faulk, Bruce, Proehl, and some new kid named Holt.

I found my team. I was hooked by that very first Rams game I ever really watched.

I saw my team go from a laughingstock whose season was over before it ever started, to a team that did things never before seen on a football field. I saw tham take charge of the NFL. I saw a team go from the same old sorry-a**** Rams to being the most respected and feared team in the history of the NFL.

And I saw them fall from grace. I still believe that the "officials" involved in Super Bowl XXXVI deliberately called the game as they did so the Pats could win. I was livid for weeks...in fact, I am still mad about it.

I saw the Rams struggle since then. I watched the team I loved fall apart - Warner was shoved aside, then Faulk got hit too many times, and Bruce and Holt were gone - and there was all these strangers in horns on the field.

They tried - really tried - for a while. Then things kept on changing. New coaches, questionable draft picks, and losing seasons.

All the way to a 1-15 record. I understood the pain and frustration of the fans who watched the team go from respectability to the Rams of the 90's. I understood the hope of each new season, each new draft pick, each new free agent. I was willing to give the new coaching staff a chance. I was eager for every game.

This year, I had true hope for our team to run out on the field on opening day and announce to the world that the Rams were back. I had hope for a 10-6 season. I had hope for a playoff run.

Now, four weeks in, I still have hope for a 10-6 season. I still have hope for that playoff run.

It's just harder than it should have been - harder for the team to do it, and harder for us fans to believe that they can do it.

I survived Linehan and his bungles. I survived Warner going to the Giants then the Cardinals, taking them to the Super Bowl even though it should have been Warner taking the Rams there. I survived Holt in a Pats jersey, and Bruce being a whiner.

I can survive four losses. I think we should have at least a 1-3 record by now, but like Trevor said, there are 12 games left.

I did see one thing today that I think was missing the first three games - the willingness to fight in the fourth quarter. Sure, it took luck. But had stupid mistakes not caused yellow flags to be thrown and balls to be dropped and Bradford to be sacked, then we could have won.

We have a discipline problem. I am not excusing it, I am just saying it's there.

And as mad as I am about the loss today....I am NOT going to give up on the Rams, this season, or my hope of a playoff run. I honestly hope anyone who calls themselves a Rams fan feels the same way, or they should take a long look at themselves and decide if they truly are a hardcore fan or a bandwagon rider.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

I bet Sam doesn't have any excuses, because he's a realist and a MAN. And a tough MAN.
    I know you are referring to Bradford. BUT - I, too am a realist and a man. Tough enough that when the Rams lose that Chuck Norris hides from me.

And the reality is that everyone - from Kroenke to the water boy - all need to bust their butts these next two weeks and pull it together.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

See you next year, then.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Yeah - about this...

I should be the first to gripe. You see, I used to like to watch the Packers play. I liked the more cerebral approach they brought to the game. I didn't get to see them often, and I would never call myself a fan, not even of football back then.

Then one day my ex (we had just met back then) called me from work and asked me to watch a preseason game. It seems that she usually tried listening to the games on the radio, but this one wasn't being broadcast, so she wanted me to call her if anything interesting happened.

The very first call I made was to tell her that she might as well forget about the entire season, since Trent Green went down with a knee injury.

A short time later, I called her, and I was excited to tell her that I thought the backup QB could take them all the way. It was some unknown guy named Warner who had instant chemistry with Faulk, Bruce, Proehl, and some new kid named Holt.

I found my team. I was hooked by that very first Rams game I ever really watched.

I saw my team go from a laughingstock whose season was over before it ever started, to a team that did things never before seen on a football field. I saw tham take charge of the NFL. I saw a team go from the same old sorry-a**** Rams to being the most respected and feared team in the history of the NFL.

And I saw them fall from grace. I still believe that the "officials" involved in Super Bowl XXXVI deliberately called the game as they did so the Pats could win. I was livid for weeks...in fact, I am still mad about it.

I saw the Rams struggle since then. I watched the team I loved fall apart - Warner was shoved aside, then Faulk got hit too many times, and Bruce and Holt were gone - and there was all these strangers in horns on the field.

They tried - really tried - for a while. Then things kept on changing. New coaches, questionable draft picks, and losing seasons.

All the way to a 1-15 record. I understood the pain and frustration of the fans who watched the team go from respectability to the Rams of the 90's. I understood the hope of each new season, each new draft pick, each new free agent. I was willing to give the new coaching staff a chance. I was eager for every game.

This year, I had true hope for our team to run out on the field on opening day and announce to the world that the Rams were back. I had hope for a 10-6 season. I had hope for a playoff run.

Now, four weeks in, I still have hope for a 10-6 season. I still have hope for that playoff run.

It's just harder than it should have been - harder for the team to do it, and harder for us fans to believe that they can do it.

I survived Linehan and his bungles. I survived Warner going to the Giants then the Cardinals, taking them to the Super Bowl even though it should have been Warner taking the Rams there. I survived Holt in a Pats jersey, and Bruce being a whiner.

I can survive four losses. I think we should have at least a 1-3 record by now, but like Trevor said, there are 12 games left.

I did see one thing today that I think was missing the first three games - the willingness to fight in the fourth quarter. Sure, it took luck. But had stupid mistakes not caused yellow flags to be thrown and balls to be dropped and Bradford to be sacked, then we could have won.

We have a discipline problem. I am not excusing it, I am just saying it's there.

And as mad as I am about the loss today....I am NOT going to give up on the Rams, this season, or my hope of a playoff run. I honestly hope anyone who calls themselves a Rams fan feels the same way, or they should take a long look at themselves and decide if they truly are a hardcore fan or a bandwagon rider.
    Your post is excellent, RamsFanSam. But I am just not subjecting myself to this kind of masochism each and every week until this team can stop disappointing me and every other fan out there with weekly bad football. One has to be a complete glutton for punishment to set aside 3 hours of every Sunday to have their heart broken time and again. This team has GONE BACKWARDS- and much of it has nothing to do with the schedule or injuries. Contrast what the Rams have done vs. what SF did against Philly today. Or what Buffalo has done. Or that half a dozen other teams who on paper should be worse than the Rams have 1 or 2 wins.

And once and for all, let's put this "true Rams fan" nonsense to rest- that if you don't watch every game or turn your set off you're somehow "not a fan". Complete garbage. I have a room in my house dedicated to them. I have Rams license plates on my car. I have 15 jerseys. I've been to at least two dozen Rams games. I went to the Super Bowl- another miserable experience as a fan. I've flown to St. Louis twice. I don't owe ANYONE any explanation for not watching a game, hammering the team verbally or walking away until they start playing something resembling competitive football.
    locazn likes this.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    What am I wrong about. Two opportunities at the end of the game to make big plays, and he failed on both throws to DX and Pettis.

I don't care about the bad offensive line, and all the hits, if he's going to be an elite QB, he's got to make those plays.

If he's already that like shellshocked that he cannot make those big time throws, he'll likely never recover. NO excuse for making the big throws when he has time.

So your making a judgment as to whether he's an "elite QB" by two over-throws? On a day he was sacked seven times and knocked to the ground several more times?

I know we like to hold up our sports heroes on a very high pedestal, and I'm sure Sam is his own worst critic, but he's still a human after all.

I'm still sold he's going to be an elite QB, sorry.
    AlphaRam and St.Louis Ram 56 like this.

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Its Not Spags, this mess is cause by an Offensive line that can not EXECUTE, so slow on end arounds that Jackson is runn up thier ARSES...

This offensive line is a disgrace. PERIOD

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree with just about all that has been said here, but I'll be watching every remaining game with the same anticipation I've had for the last 40 years. I don't know any other way.

That said, I'm REALLY glad I got the NFL Package for free this year.
    I cannot help myself either, Mike. Probably need some therapy

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree with just about all that has been said here, but I'll be watching every remaining game with the same anticipation I've had for the last 40 years. I don't know any other way.

That said, I'm REALLY glad I got the NFL Package for free this year.
    I agree Mike, I am so disgusted that I bought into the changes that were made and thinking they were upgrades but just like you I will be watching every Sunday just like all the guys here and hoping for the best but I will say it is getting really tough.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I cannot help myself either, Mike. Probably need some therapy
    Ummm...make an appointment for me ,too, please....

bruce4life is offline Registered User

There is no denying we are the worst team in the league hands down...Same ole sorry ass rams!!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    So your making a judgment as to whether he's an "elite QB" by two over-throws? On a day he was sacked seven times and knocked to the ground several more times?

I know we like to hold up our sports heroes on a very high pedestal, and I'm sure Sam is his own worst critic, but he's still a human after all.

I'm still sold he's going to be an elite QB, sorry.
    He's done absolutely nothing to show me he will be an elite NFL QB. He has the tools to be so.

This is the NFL. Like Missouri, it's a SHOW ME league. Potential means jack crap in the NFL.

Through 20 games, he has yet to tie a game or win a game in the 4th quarter.

Sam needs to continue to improve. With a team that is playing so poorly, just about everyone is a problem at this point. Sam may be the smallest problem on the team, but he needs to elevate his game. Elite QB's make players around them better.

With the game on the line, and the offensive line finally stepping up, and WR's getting open at the end, Bradford DID NOT make the play. That's on him.
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-02-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast