Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Finished

rampower is offline Registered User

Re: Finished

Sad thing is I will probably cotinue to follow this team, but I just dont know why. For the best part all I get is pain and misery, its bad for my health. When the pain is getting greater than the fun, why stick around. I the rams was a wife/husband we all would have long gone. When they start winning nobody will start handing out prizes to those who have braved the nineties and the best part of the noughts and beyond. If I dare to say the rams will lose a game, I have then lost 'faith', it is in some part my fault if they do, I am not a real fan for not having faith, also one would be accused of wanting them to lose if they thought they would.

I cant see this team winning a game this year until the coaches are cleared out or somebody (Clayton) steps up and gets open/catches balls along with other problems.

Part of even thinks this team is cursed.

Somebody Once posted recently that there is a natural eb and flow to the NFL, you get good, get bad, restock, get good again. We only seem to get good by accident. Nobody saw kurt and 99 coming. We (WE??) sorry the Rams have no idea of how to get a good team back. This team seems to be playing worse than they ever have.

I dont know why I keep following because the logical part of me and all sense says GET OUT NOW! YOU WILL LIVE A LOT LONGER! THIS IS NOT USUALLY ANY FUN!! IS WINNING 4 -5 GAMES A YEAR FUN? IS A WIN FULFILLING WHEN YOU KNOW IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN THAT OFTEN??

I stick around and dont know why. Do I fear I will miss something? Do I fear I wont have anything to replace this with?

Rather than think you are week for stepping back NJRAMSFAN, you have my utmost respect.

I wish I had the strength to walk away, but at this moment I cant, but hell I am considering it. After 25 years and 19 live rams games and enough spent to buy a Mercedes.

But I Keep coming back WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!

See you next week.
    Last edited by rampower; -10-03-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    live4ramin likes this.

The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

There's no way I'm going to stop supporting this franchise, NO WAY! That doesn't mean I can't express my opinions both positive and negative. Unfortunately right now it's all negative. What goes around comes around and it looks like alot of you are going to miss the ride.

Good Bye!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

It's funny how some people read only what they want to read. I never said I'll never watch another Rams game as long as I live. I said I'm not going to bother watching again until this team gives me something to look forward to; the hope of winning and playing good fundamental football. This stance is no different than the fan in ANY sport who will not GO to games for the same reason- and judging by the crowd at the dome, I'd say tens of thousands feel the same way. I've spent plenty of money and energy on this team in someway shape or form for years. It's cost me a relationship or two. I hardly owe an apology or further justification who are deluding themselves into thinking this is "just another bump in the road". We're not talking about a "little disappointment" or a "minor set back" here. EVERY team goes through that and every fan deals with that willingly knowing it's part of the deal. We're talking about a team that flat out sucks and gives us no reason to watch. It's been that way for years. It's pathetic that a 7-9 season has been our high point the past 8 years. And now it's even worse. Much worse, with no end in sight.

The more I hear Spags, the more I hear a guy with absolutely no clue. He has been outcoached repeatedly. He makes no adjustments. He's shocked...SHOCKED that a team like Baltimore would attempt to exploit the opposition's weakness. His deer-in-the headlights look are hardly the picture of a guy confident in his shoes as a head coach. His "nice guy" persona- important in his first year of being patient with a troubled team in transition- is now a liability for guys who obviously need a kick in the ass and the threat of losing jobs. I'm so disappointed in this guy it makes me sick thinking about it. He's a guy with a reputation of developing sound fundamental players and what we have is a team with the second most penalties in football and one who shows such a lack of cohesion and urgency it's frightening. I was a huge supporter. Now i can't wait for the day he's shown the door.

There have been HUNDREDS of disappointing moments in the last two decades- HUNDREDS. Our franchise is one of a select few which is a perennial laughingstock- a total embarrassment. There are more productive ways to spend a Sunday than to be pissed off and watch lackluster, undisciplined football which hasn't gotten better. Doing so doesn't make you a truer fan, it makes you a glutton for punishment.

Disloyalty would have me become a fan of another team, which would never happen. But because I won't make a special trip to a bar or camp out religiously in front of my TV to watch this crap makes me no less a fan than some of the people here who will sit there regardless. Sports are supposed to be enjoyable. They haven't been for years. Fans make a statement by NOT attending, NOT watching and NOT buying the gear. It eventually shows ownership we demand a better product and won't tolerate awful football.

This used to be a proud franchise when i was a kid and into young adulthood. It is now a joke. Not interested in another 3-13 or 4-12 campaign.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -10-03-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Ironmaidenram likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If you are done watching them for the season, stop bashing and complaining about them also. Thanks.
    AlphaRam likes this.

kman is offline Registered User

I agree with everyting thats being said here..its nice to know theres fans just as pissed off as me..Im sick of these guuys that keep saying , postive things...theres NOTHING positive about this..I am soo sick of watching these losers self implode..We are clearly the worse team in the league..even Carolina has some fight in them..this OL is so pitiful..I cringe when I read the after game interviews..they keep saying the same crap.devaney can shove his 4 pillars up his a$$..id like to see spags start throwing some guys under the bus...do something!! time and time again, I am soo embarrassed to eb a rams fan.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

We will rally behind Bradford, and play football.....

yes football, probably bad football to since thats all we've done this year. but thats never gonna stop me from loving, watching, and following the Rams for the rest of my life.

Yes theres going to be lots of talk about players sucking, bad coaching, calling for heads of players and coaches and replacements, and im sure im going to participate and agree with a lot of it, but no matter how much i dont like certain players and/or coaches, im still gonna watch them every sunday and will be rooting for them and hoping for a win.

Everyone is free to complain about the rams, i mean seriously, they suck bad right now, we all know that, and if you cant stomach to watch them lose badly weak in and weak out then thats your choice. No matter how bad we play one weak, i always have high hopes and believe the rams are going to win, and i watch every game i can and root for them all game. Im never gonna run out on this team.

Im a proud Rams fan for life!

This is my Rams, This is your Rams, GO RAMS!!!!
    ZiaRam likes this.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Even Streisand would be impressed with the length of this goodbye tour.

You don't owe any apology or explanation. Fine, then stop giving them.

You're mad, we get it. Now go away already.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

QuinnMan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Waaaa Waaaaa Waaaaaa!! Why don't you Trade out your Ram jerseys for some Whiner ones because that's all your being is Whiners, you just need some cheese to go with that wine. Cool all you saying your not coming back till next season don't let the door hit you on the *** on the way out! Go ahead and Run, run home and cry to Momma! Me? I'm through running...
    lmao Army of Darkness quotes huh?
    The Rams just started being my team as I have not had a pro team before Quinn joined the Rams and I'm not even thinking of jumping ship... being only a Ram fan since April I'm sorry but I can't understand why you would jump ship after all those many years of cheering on a team? Doesn't make sense to me....
    GO RAMS!!!
    Tampa_Ram and ZiaRam like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnMan View Post
    lmao Army of Darkness quotes huh?The Rams just started being my team as I have not had a pro team before Quinn joined the Rams and I'm not even thinking of jumping ship... being only a Ram fan since April I'm sorry but I can't understand why you would jump ship after all those many years of cheering on a team? Doesn't make sense to me....
    GO RAMS!!!
    Wow you caught that! lol My fav movie of all time! HOLD FAST! We'll come around, our offense is just trying to find a indentity!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Our offense needs to find eleven identities.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -10-03-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: sorry about the spelling.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    With all the gravitas of Jackie Treehorn.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I stand by my statements that his ball placement is fine. Most balls are catchable, but the receivers fail to adjust or catch it. The ball however is in a place where the wr can catch it and a db cannot. That is arm talent.

Bradford is being rushed and pounded, and what does he do? Does he throw to the check down? Does he launch the ball too fast to avoid getting sacked and get picked off? No and no. He stands in the pocket, waits for his routes, and then delivers the ball, knowing full well he is getting hit. Thats a Quarterback that I want on my team.

The drops aren't his fault, and the Oline isn't his fault. Also, you claim the Oline stepped it up at the end of the game? Let's revisit the series right after the JL interception and how well the Oline did.

1st play: Bradford hit as he throw, incomplete
    2nd play: after a false start (i think on kendricks) Bradford sacked for loss
    3rd play: Bradford sacked for loss
    4th play: so far back from sacks we can't even kick a FG, punt.

So in sum, on the three plays that counted, the Oline let defense have their way with Bradford, and you say they stepped it up? I beg to differ.
    All of this is completely irrelevant to what I was talking about. That is not surprising.

David Carr was tough. Toughness doesn't make you an elite quarterback. Making plays does. Elevating your team does.

What I was referring to happened on the drive after this. Yes, that drive where Bradford was able to stand in the pocket and misfire on a WIDE OPEN Danario Alexander on the sideline. Bradford looked disgusted at himself for missing this throw, and rightfully so. He missed Pettis who wiggled into the seam three plays later. He had plenty of time on that drive.

ELITE QB's make those throws. That's what we are talking about here.

How anybody can see they Bradford has shown them something that makes them think he is going to be elite, is far beyond me. He has shown some signs of elite play, but nothing on a regular basis.

He has a LONG, LONG way to go to even be a very good QB at this point. ELITE is not on his radar. He knows this, I wonder why you guys don't.

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    All of this is completely irrelevant to what I was talking about. That is not surprising.

David Carr was tough. Toughness doesn't make you an elite quarterback. Making plays does. Elevating your team does.

What I was referring to happened on the drive after this. Yes, that drive where Bradford was able to stand in the pocket and misfire on a WIDE OPEN Danario Alexander on the sideline. Bradford looked disgusted at himself for missing this throw, and rightfully so. He missed Pettis who wiggled into the seam three plays later. He had plenty of time on that drive.

ELITE QB's make those throws. That's what we are talking about here.

How anybody can see they Bradford has shown them something that makes them think he is going to be elite, is far beyond me. He has shown some signs of elite play, but nothing on a regular basis.

He has a LONG, LONG way to go to even be a very good QB at this point. ELITE is not on his radar. He knows this, I wonder why you guys don't.
    As I have said before. Stop expecting Superbowl Veteran play out of a 2nd year QB learning his second system. And for the record I have SEEN Brady, Manning, and Brees, miss those same types of throws. Does he need to play better? Sure. Does he need to make better decisions? Sure. But what you are asking for is unreasonable given the weapons he does not have, and the protection he does not have. I guess you are an NFL scout? Because I have heard commentator, after head coach, after player, after GM, after owner all say they think he is going to be an elite QB. But as I said you must be a NFL scout who has a 100% record of accuracy and knows better than ALL of those others. Hold people accountable, but hold the right people accountable.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

If Bradford had the time that some of the "Elite" QB's had to pass the ball, you would be praising his name instead of bashing him. Your OLINE needs help. You need receivers that can get open that he can pass the damn ball too. It's truly hard to understand how you can all go comparing Bradford to Manning and Brady when they had / have a decent line and receiving corps to make the plays.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Just like with General Motors, I've ridden them all the way.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    With all the gravitas of Jackie Treehorn.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Those that feel that they need to get out should do so. You do not need validation from anyone else. It is a personal choice. Are you trying to convince us, or convince yourself?

I'm damn pissed about how we have been playing. I want to punch Pettis in the head. I'm ready to tazer Saffold. There is a bunch of undisciplined play and mistakes and I am mad as hell. I have seen a lot of terrible games by the Rams, but I haven't bolted. If you feel the need to distance yourself from the team, do so. However, we don't need to hear about it. Just go.
    Tampa_Ram and ZiaRam like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast