0 0%
  • Only if they finish worse then last years debacle of 6-10

4 9.76%
  • No way give the guy a chance to mold his own team

35 85.37%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Fire Linehan huh

The first time that the new head coaches record dips below .500 and people are bringing up Martz name and how people should watch what they wish for. Do people forget that this is a new offensive system, new defensive system, and all new coaching? Our offense has been better then we have seen at not turning the ball over. It is based on taking care of the football. For some of those people that are really dragging out this one call which I myself did not agree with. They should look at how many times Martz went away from what you are supposed to do. You could probably pick a half a dozen plays a game. Does that mean he should have been fired after his first game no. It applies here.

Linehan eight games into the season as a first year coach taking over a 6-10 team had not had a losing record as head coach we remained above .500. Nine games into the season he dips below .500 and all hell brakes loose fire the guy. He sucks he goes against what you are supposed to do. Does that one sound familiar. I think he goes against what you are supposed to do a lot less then our old coach did and most of the ones crying that as the reason to get rid of the guy are the same ones that supported our old coach when he did it.

6-10 .375 Rams last year with Martz regime
    14-18 .437 Rams under Martz regime the last two years.
    4-5 .444 Rams under Linehan

Linehan has a better winning percentage then we had our last two season combined. He dipped under .500 for the first time Fire him now.

So I guess what I wished for was the Rams to improve and so far they have in winning percentage.

I am not a Linehan fan and I am not a Martz fan. I am a fan that wants this team to do well. Right now I think some people are being crazy for judging the book by its cover. First lets read the entire book before we say its bad. Give it until the end of the season at least. After all he is not doing any worse then the last guy did over the last two years. Plus he did not chose the majority of the players he has the previous coach did.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Fire Linehan huh

It's way too early to be mentioning firing Linehan, the question should never be asked 9 games into the season and into his coaching career. Have some patience.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

How many games did Martz coach last year? Not many was it? I don't think you can count last year as a Martz year.

I think we should fire him right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

IMO, it's probably still two early to talk about firing a coach in Year Two, let alone halfway through Year One.

That doesn't change the fact that Linehan has some work to do though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I agree with you but it sounds like there are some that disagree. They said we should fire Linehan and some said that they have been saying he is bad all along.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

You guys are completely overreacting on Linehan

I can't believe you guys I know Linehan called a bad game with some other questionables but seriously you want to Fire him after 9 games? It takes more than a year to establish your Offensive System with players, and takes more than a year to get the players that you need to run your system, same thing goes to Haslett and the D, wait until he gets a few more players, it will be special, don't criticize hi m.. After 9 games Linehan is 4 - 5, that is way above anyones standards before the season started. Some thought we'd be lucky to win 4 games this season, but he has and will win I'm guessing 4 more games. But like I said you want to fire him after one season. Look at some of the Great NFL Coaches First years.

Bill Parcels
    3 - 12

Bill Belichick
    6 - 10

Tony Dungy
    6 - 10

Jack Del Rio (some won't agree)
    5 - 11

Jeff Fisher
    1 - 5 ('94) 7 - 9 ('95)

Andy Reid
    5 - 11

John Fox
    7 - 9

They all started off slow, and look at them now they have/are/did great things and after 9 games in his short NFL Career you guys are already calling for Linehan's head? Come on guys, give a guy a break. He has only been in the League 5 years at that. He's still getting used to being Head Coach and is having some growing pains, all or atleast Most Coaches do go through that, and yet they don't get criticized nearly as much.

So calm down, and wait a few years before the 'Fire Linehan' debate comes up, you guys are treating him like he killed someone. Jeeze.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    How many games did Martz coach last year? Not many was it? I don't think you can count last year as a Martz year.

Then what?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Re: You guys are completely overreacting on Linehan

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    So calm down, and wait a few years before the 'Fire Linehan' debate comes up, you guys are treating him like he killed someone. Jeeze.
    Who's "you guys?" The only person so far in this thread that said fire him is Utter.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

The fans who want to fire him in general not just anyone in particular. Let me reword that 'People are treating him like he killed someone'
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Who's "you guys?" The only person so far in this thread that said fire him is Utter.
    RF16 created a new topic and I merged it into this one to try and keep all the "Fire Linehan" discussion under one roof. So the comment was likely just a general one toward anyone who feels that way.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

It was Martz offensive playbook they used. It was still Martz coaching staff for the D, ST, and all the other positions. He also finished at 8-8 the year before and you want to fire Linehan before he even has a chance at finishing 8-8. Are you trying to say the Rams would have been 8-8 if they had Martz. Martz was below .500 in the games he coached last year.

If it had not been for a 54 yard FG by Seattles kicker we would be tied for first. Thats not even mentioning that we were ahead when he gambled and they scored there winning TD on a ST mess up. This division could have easily been led by the Rams at 6-4 a 54 yard FG and a punt return of 90 yards was the two winning scores that Seattle had against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    RF16 created a new topic and I merged it into this one to try and keep all the "Fire Linehan" discussion under one roof. So the comment was likely just a general one toward anyone who feels that way.
    Oh ok that makes sense now, let's blame Nick.

From the people who want him fired now, what's your solution?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Then what?
    I am just a fan ramsbruce. I don't have to have any answers. I just want swift and just action. If they can dump Hargrove over a silly matter, why can't we get rid of Linehan since he can't run the offense?

Maybe we need an offensive coordinator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We do, he's our Head Coach. Linehan calls the Offensive Plays while Greg Olson probrably sits upstairs telling Linehan what coverages there running or blitz's there using and what not.

UtterBlitz, you like many Rams Fans are upset but in all reality do you think firing a FIRST YEAR Head Coach is a good solution when he hasn't played or coached I should say 10 games yet, or wait 4 or 5 more years and see what he's done? Whatever you do your most likely going to have growing pains.
    RamsFan16

I am just a fan ramsbruce. I don't have to have any answers. I just want swift and just action. If they can dump Hargrove over a silly matter, why can't we get rid of Linehan since he can't run the offense?

Maybe we need an offensive coordinator.
    We are all just fans, but you must have some idea of what you want instead of Linehan. You can't just go around firing people without a plan.

People obviously set their expectations way too high this year, and now we have come back down to earth, but firing the coach 9 games into his career isn't realistic.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast