• Only if they finish worse then last years debacle of 6-10

4 9.76%
  • No way give the guy a chance to mold his own team

35 85.37%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Fire Linehan huh

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    We do, he's our Head Coach. Linehan calls the Offensive Plays while Greg Olson probrably sits upstairs telling Linehan what coverages there running or blitz's there using and what not.

UtterBlitz, you like many Rams Fans are upset but in all reality do you think firing a FIRST YEAR Head Coach is a good solution when he hasn't played or coached I should say 10 games yet, or wait 4 or 5 more years and see what he's done? Whatever you do your most likely going to have growing pains.
    Sure it is a good decision. If we fire him now, then I won't have to watch him making the same boneheaded calls 5 years from now.

It cracks me up that a lot of you think there will be improvement over time. I would think that by now we would be improving, but I am not seeing it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Look at this again:
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Bill Parcels
    3 - 12

Bill Belichick
    6 - 10

Tony Dungy
    6 - 10

Jack Del Rio (some won't agree)
    5 - 11

Jeff Fisher
    1 - 5 ('94) 7 - 9 ('95)

Andy Reid
    5 - 11

John Fox
    7 - 9
    Do you think they sensed improvement? Probrably not because of long and frustrating seasons, but did they improve of course they did. It takes TIME. And not like two weeks but maybe two years. We just neeed to get the pieces of the puzzle in the right slot and that doesn't happen overnight.
    RamsFan16

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Sure it is a good decision. If we fire him now, then I won't have to watch him making the same boneheaded calls 5 years from now.

It cracks me up that a lot of you think there will be improvement over time. I would think that by now we would be improving, but I am not seeing it.
    It cracks me up that you expected consistent improvement from a completely new coaching staff and system, and have no patience. We are talking about 9 games, let's keep things in perspective.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Maybe we need an offensive coordinator.
    Bulger going into the game had a QB Rating for the year of 102.1 his best ever since he has been in the NFL. He is on pace for just two INTs for the entire year. Since you said last year don't count since Martz did not coach that much lets look at the previous year. We finished 8-8 and we scored 319 points 19th NFL, 22 INTs 29th NFL, 23 passing TDs 14th NFL. This year after eight games we scored 180 points 10th NFL, 1 INT 1st in the NFL, 13 passing TDs 8th NFL. Bulger was 2nd after 8 games in the NFL in passing yards ahead of Peyton.

2004 | 2006 projected after 8 games
    Points 319 (19) | 360 (10)
    INTs 22 (29) | 2 (1)
    PassTDs 23 (14) | 26 (8)
    () are NFL Rank

Linehans offense protects the ball and the QB. May not be as flashy but we also don't turn the ball over as much which means we don't have to score as much. Even though we are ahead of Martz last full season as head coach in both categories.

So I guess we need to find an offensive coordinator that is better then both Martz and Linehan. Maybe you would be available to do some play calling on Sunday afternoons.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-13-2006 at 02:08 AM.

Why do I have to have patience? Why do I have to have perspective?

I want to see results from all these changes. Is that so much to ask?

I figured the offense would take time to get adjusted and I gave them patience. I thought changes and new personnel on defense would settle in easier and quicker. The defense has had one good game this year. I thought we were getting rid of Martz and Marmie so that we could improve the defense which has been our problem area for years.

Have we seen improvement on the defense this year?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    No its not to much to ask for, just wait atleast a year for them to come. We're all in this together.

Yea we have, were Plus 7 in Turnover Margin, and are really about 3 positions away from being a Good D (DT, SLB, FS).

GIVE IT TIME!
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN View Post
    Bulger going into the game had a QB Rating for the year of 102.1 his best ever since he has been in the NFL. He is on pace for just two INTs for the entire year. Since you said last year don't count since Martz did not coach that much lets look at the previous year. We finished 8-8 and we scored 319 points 19th NFL, 22 INTs 29th NFL, 23 passing TDs 14th NFL. This year after eight games we scored 180 points 10th NFL, 1 INT 1st in the NFL, 13 passing TDs 8th NFL. Bulger was 2nd after 8 games in the NFL in passing yards ahead of Peyton.

2004 2006 projected after 8 games
    Points 319 (19) 360 (10)
    INTs 22 (29) 2 (1)
    PassTDs 23 (14) 26 (8)

Linehans offense protect the ball and the QB. May not be as flashy but we also don't turn the ball over as much we means we don't have to score as much. Even though we are ahead of Martz last full season as head coach in both categories.

So I guess we need to find an offensive coordinator that is better then both Martz and Linehan. Maybe you would be available to do some play calling on Sunday afternoons.
    Bulger thew an interception today so he already has two INTs for the season

So STLRAMSFAN you think these numbers show that we are seeing improvement in the offense then? and improvement in Bulger's performance?
    That may be true. The offense is scoring and they aren't turning the ball over too much.

You should count the fumbles in their if you want a true reading of the offense's performance.

Thanks for the thought, but you would not want me calling plays. I don't stay calm and focused during the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why do I have to have patience? Why do I have to have perspective?

I figured the offense would take time to get adjusted and I gave them patience. I thought changes and new personnel on defense would settle in easier and quicker. The defense has had one good game this year. I thought we were getting rid of Martz and Marmie so that we could improve the defense which has been our problem area for years.

Why do you have to have patience and perspective, because it's realistic when it comes to football and changing the whole staff/system.

If you want to talk defense how come you aren't calling for Haslett to be fired?

We have seen improvement in turnover ratio on D, they are creating them and Bulger and company aren't giving them away, so yes there is a bit of improvement. Is it enough, of course not but it's a start.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

I got to give you a hand 16....you keep the faith going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bulger thew an interception today so he already has two INTs for the season
    Already!? He has 13 TD 2 INT, thats a great season so far. What were you expectations for Bulger this season, it seems as if tht doesn't please you? (Bulgers Stats so far)
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Why do you have to have patience and perspective, because it's realistic when it comes to football and changing the whole staff/system.

If you want to talk defense how come you aren't calling for Haslett to be fired?

We have seen improvement in turnover ratio on D, they are creating them and Bulger and company aren't giving them away, so yes there is a bit of improvement. Is it enough, of course not but it's a start.
    I don't believe in that "realistic" crap. I want it all and I want it right now.

Let's fire Haslett too.

Hopefully, you guys know me well enough to know that I am over reacting because it is fun to overeact. I hate losing. Grrrr......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't believe in that "realistic" crap. I want it all and I want it right now.

Let's fire Haslett too.

Hopefully, you guys know me well enough to know that I am over reacting because it is fun to overeact. I hate losing. Grrrr......
    I sure hope your just overreacting, because thats the attitude I'm supposed to have!:x
    RamsFan16

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Then what?
    I guess I can take over coaching and I'll start with fixing that defense, and then the offense of line.

Of course no need to thank me yet Georgia at least until we win our second superbowl and change our uni's back to Blue and yellow.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Let's fire Haslett too.

I hate losing also, but I don't see the fun in overreacting.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Let's get real. Firing this coach is crazy. The solution is for this coach to integrate the existing playmakers into better offensive schemes. Today's game was the icing on the cake. Bruce and Holt were not involved. Steven Jackson was. Look at the stats. This guy did equal to the two receivers combined. And if it was not for the defensive plays. It's a 24-7 loss.
    Coach Linehan has done some good things to balance the game. But it seems that he doe not know how to utilize playmakers. These guys have been in championship games. And they are proven producers. When a coach has this much talent. Knowone can excuse this playcalling.
    THE FIELD GOAL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast