• Only if they finish worse then last years debacle of 6-10

4 9.76%
  • No way give the guy a chance to mold his own team

35 85.37%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Fire Linehan huh

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I hate losing also, but I don't see the fun in overreacting.
    Why is that? Because football is serious and it really matters in life? So all fans should take it seriously? No joking around right....our lives are changed forever depending upon how the Rams play.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    If they can dump Hargrove over a silly matter, why can't we get rid of Linehan since he can't run the offense?
    Come on Utter, what do you base this on. Going into the game today we had the 4th ranked total offense in the NFL. Obviously Linehan is doing something right.

Any talk of firing a first time NFL coach (who inherited a team that was in complete disarray) after just 9 games is a bit impulsive.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

All I know is that he has no skills at game play.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Linehan being fired is a ridiculous sentiment. Any talk of reaping what you sow is just as ridiculous. When the Rams lost today it was because Linehan did not coach his style and tried to be too aggressive.If anything I would say we lost today because he emulated Martz. It was a tough hard fought game that the Rams did not hold onto. If we kicked both times instead of going for it I think the boys win this one. So yeah its Linehans fault but rookie head coaches are gonna have those days.The playoff picture is still alive but I see the boys finishing 8-8 and showing they have come foward. 10-6 makes the playoffs this year for someone its possible but I have a feeling we will have to wait another year before we see the boys return to the playoffs.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: You guys are completely overreacting on Linehan

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I can't believe you guys I know Linehan called a bad game with some other questionables but seriously you want to Fire him after 9 games? It takes more than a year to establish your Offensive System with players, and takes more than a year to get the players that you need to run your system, same thing goes to Haslett and the D, wait until he gets a few more players, it will be special, don't criticize hi m.. After 9 games Linehan is 4 - 5, that is way above anyones standards before the season started. Some thought we'd be lucky to win 4 games this season, but he has and will win I'm guessing 4 more games. But like I said you want to fire him after one season. Look at some of the Great NFL Coaches First years.

Bill Parcels
    3 - 12

Bill Belichick
    6 - 10

Tony Dungy
    6 - 10

Jack Del Rio (some won't agree)
    5 - 11

Jeff Fisher
    1 - 5 ('94) 7 - 9 ('95)

Andy Reid
    5 - 11

John Fox
    7 - 9

They all started off slow, and look at them now they have/are/did great things and after 9 games in his short NFL Career you guys are already calling for Linehan's head? Come on guys, give a guy a break. He has only been in the League 5 years at that. He's still getting used to being Head Coach and is having some growing pains, all or atleast Most Coaches do go through that, and yet they don't get criticized nearly as much.

So calm down, and wait a few years before the 'Fire Linehan' debate comes up, you guys are treating him like he killed someone. Jeeze.
    I never stated thar he should be fired, although I did say he made a HUGE bad call, that could have left us on top.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Why is that? Because football is serious and it really matters in life? So all fans should take it seriously? No joking around right....our lives are changed forever depending upon how the Rams play.....
    Overreacting in general just isn't something I find fun. I just don't see the humor in saying let's fire the coach after 9 games. Where's the funny in that?

I take football serious enough to spend countless hours here reading and posting, watching games, buying merchandise etc. Is it life and death? No, of course not, but I never said it was. I love a good joke, I laugh a lot, I'm an amateur comedian myself, but I don't see the joke. Maybe we should add a joke forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    All I know is that he has no skills at game play.
    He's a first year head coach. His development is a work in progress. Saying he has "no skills at game play" after a tough loss has knee jerk reaction written all over it. You could make that claim against any coach in the NFL because questionable/bad calls are something they ALL do from time to time. No one is immune. I'm still trying to figure out how a guy with "no skills at game play" managed to get us to 4-1.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

being serious I don't think we should fire him But I wouldn't have fired martz

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I can't believe you guys I know Linehan called a bad game with some other questionables but seriously you want to Fire him after 9 games? It takes more than a year to establish your Offensive System with players, and takes more than a year to get the players that you need to run your system, same thing goes to Haslett and the D, wait until he gets a few more players, it will be special, don't criticize hi m.. After 9 games Linehan is 4 - 5, that is way above anyones standards before the season started. Some thought we'd be lucky to win 4 games this season, but he has and will win I'm guessing 4 more games. But like I said you want to fire him after one season. Look at some of the Great NFL Coaches First years.

Bill Parcels
    3 - 12

Bill Belichick
    6 - 10

Tony Dungy
    6 - 10

5 - 11

Jeff Fisher
    1 - 5 ('94) 7 - 9 ('95)

Andy Reid
    5 - 11

John Fox
    7 - 9

They all started off slow, and look at them now they have/are/did great things and after 9 games in his short NFL Career you guys are already calling for Linehan's head? Come on guys, give a guy a break. He has only been in the League 5 years at that. He's still getting used to being Head Coach and is having some growing pains, all or atleast Most Coaches do go through that, and yet they don't get criticized nearly as much.

So calm down, and wait a few years before the 'Fire Linehan' debate comes up, you guys are treating him like he killed someone. Jeeze.

THANK YOU!

Give Linehan more time, please!

Give him time to make his team, this may take awhile but with the talent we have there's no way we won't have an elite team in years to come. Be patient guys, its all gonna be worth it! This is the most optimistic thing you'll ever hear from me, so also cherish that!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Bill Parcels
    3 - 12

Bill Belichick
    6 - 10

Tony Dungy
    6 - 10

5 - 11

Jeff Fisher
    1 - 5 ('94) 7 - 9 ('95)

Andy Reid
    5 - 11

John Fox
    7 - 9

Good job, you did some nice research which says it all. Yes, he really screwed up yesterday, but NO, you don't fire a guy half way through his first season. Come on. That was a team loss. Bad coaching decisions, bad special teams, bad redzone offense. Bad, bad, bad.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    I guess I can take over coaching and I'll start with fixing that defense, and then the offense of line.

Of course no need to thank me yet Georgia at least until we win our second superbowl and change our uni's back to Blue and yellow.
    Unless you're going to change the uniforms back to blue and white, you're out of the Head Coaching consideration. lol

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Then what?
    I'm ready, willing and extremely able....

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

All talk of firing Linehan is extremely short sighted. I may well be p***ed at him for a specific call in a specific game, but then I haven't got the track record he has and I'm not paid to coach in the NFL.

He should be given the length of his contract to get this thing turned around. I wish that people would accept that we just aren't what we once were and that a period of adjustment is necessary, for Linehan for the assitants and for the players.

Oh and for us too..................................

Most of us thought 8-8/9-7 realisitic. I see no reason to change that view.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123