106. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree.

83 78.30%
  • I disagree.

23 21.70%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Fire Linehan Now?

Assuming "now" means "within the next 30 days," do you agree or disagree?

(this is as simple and "unloaded" a poll as I can think of right now)

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Fire Linehan Now?

I obviously don't need to reiterate my position on this matter but I will anyway.

As long as you continue calling for his head, I will continue to support being fair to him, until such time when it's no longer warranted. We have not reached that point yet.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I obviously don't need to reiterate my position on this matter but I will anyway.

As long as you continue calling for his head, I will continue to support being fair to him, until such time when it's no longer warranted. We have not reached that point yet.
    Exactly what are you waiting for? Our team wouldn't beat most college teams right now. We are only getting worse. He needs to go.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Exactly what are you waiting for? Our team wouldn't beat most college teams right now. We are only getting worse. He needs to go.

Right now! Today would be good. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Until Thursday night. No more. See ya, brotha. THAT'S my opinion.

If you've followed this back and forth season long debate about Linehan, you'll know that I'm all for giving him a third year based on all the injuries we've suffered this year.

I believe no coach should be fired under these circumstances.

On the other hand, if we are healthy next year and are underachieving or it is evident that Linehan has lost the respect of his players (not just a heat of the moment blow-up), then by all means, take him off life support.

In any event, it won't happen if at all, until next year.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

If you've followed this back and forth season long debate about Linehan, you'll know that I'm all for giving him a third year based on all the injuries we've suffered this year.

I believe no coach should be fired under these circumstances.

On the other hand, if we are healthy next year and are underachieving or it is evident that Linehan has lost the respect of his players (not just a heat of the moment blow-up), then by all means, take him off life support.

In any event, it won't happen if at all, until next year.
    We've had injuries before, the problem is his blatant lack of good playcalling. When Holt blew up that should have been a signal for you. Holt is not that type of guy. Linehan is not a great coach and he needs to go. I could see your opinion if the team was even close to competing but they are not and your argument holds about as much water as my dry socks.

Dude is a complete joke for a coach. He by far is the worst coach this team has ever had.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Gee. I'll second that.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Assuming "now" means "within the next 30 days," do you agree or disagree?

(this is as simple and "unloaded" a poll as I can think of right now)

Actually to those of us who know better Avenger, this is as fully loaded a poll with a desired, and fully expected outcome based on timing as you've proposed all year.

Of course most fans who have suffered through a season like ours are going to be grabbing at straws and looking for scapegoats everywhere.

If you gave fans a chance to get over their emotions, clear their heads, and then ran the poll I guarantee you'll see a major difference, but of course, that is not what you seek anyway is it?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Actually to those of us who know better Avenger, this is as fully loaded a poll with a desired, and fully expected outcome based on timing as you've proposed all year.

Of course most fans who have suffered through a season like ours are going to be grabbing at straws and looking for scapegoats everywhere.

If you gave fans a chance to get over their emotions, clear their heads, and then ran the poll I guarantee you'll see a major difference, but of course, that is not what you seek anyway is it?
    I find it interesting that you feel you have the right and ability to label anyone who votes "I agree" on this poll as a person who is "looking for scapegoats" and acting upon "emotions." What makes your opinion so high and mighty that you can assign such a thought process to other people?

Everyone has a right to an opinion on the subject, and I've boiled it down to the most basic question. You obviously don't like the results of the poll, but don't tell us that we are not being thoughtful, rational and analytical merely because we want a change.

Rambos is online now Registered User

I agree.

Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater

A lot of fans here where or still are on the fence, so Its a fair question to ask. In the real world it won't change anything..

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    We've had injuries before, the problem is his blatant lack of good playcalling. When Holt blew up that should have been a signal for you. Holt is not that type of guy. Linehan is not a great coach and he needs to go. I could see your opinion if the team was even close to competing but they are not and your argument holds about as much water as my dry socks.

Dude is a complete joke for a coach. He by far is the worst coach this team has ever had.

You appear to have gotten to a point where your emotions are speaking for you. Never a good idea.

Case in point, we have NEVER had injuries like this before, in fact in the history of the game, I don't know if this has ever happened to a team. If you can name one please feel free to enlighten us all.

Furthermore, your simplistic view of lack of good playcalling, as being the main reason for our downfall futher suggest you are just frustrated. Certainly you would agree that a certain percentage of "blatant lack of good play-calling", has to be lack of execution by the players doesn't it?

Linehan may not be a great coach, but he should at least be given a fair chance at proving or disproving it. Two years, with one of them injury riddled is not enough to decifer anything. I believe the front office agrees, and once you've had a chance to digest this season and look at it for what it was, I suspect you will too, whether you admit it or not.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -12-22-2007 at 05:34 PM.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I can't believe you are still arguing for Losehan. Are you related to him by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I find it interesting that you feel you have the right and ability to label anyone who votes "I agree" on this poll as a person who is "looking for scapegoats" and acting upon "emotions." What makes your opinion so high and mighty that you can assign such a thought process to other people?

Everyone has a right to an opinion on the subject, and I've boiled it down to the most basic question. You obviously don't like the results of the poll, but don't tell us that we are not being thoughtful, rational and analytical merely because we want a change.
    I'm sorry that you felt my opinion was high and mighty, I thought it was just a reasonable fan observation, but thanks for the compliment. And I certainly have not assigned anything to anybody.

The results are irrelevant, so why would I care one way or another? I already know what the fair thing to do is. It's you who's trying to upset the balance.

And when did I say specifically that anybody was not being thoughtful, rational or analytical? Of course every has the right to their own opinion, I have never stated otherwise have I? Enlighten please.

Summary: your post was just a bunch of unfounded accusations, and the fact that you admittedly are on a witch-hunt makes what I said in response to your poll very neccessary. At least as neccessary as anything could be in a meaningless poll.

rammiser is offline Registered User

MARTY BALL BABY
    Just Fix It

I can't believe you are still arguing for Losehan. Are you related to him by any chance?
    I'm related to fairness

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-06-2008, 10:41 PM