View Poll Results: FIRE LINEHAN NOW!

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree.

    83 78.30%
  • I disagree.

    23 21.70%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 136 to 148 of 148
  1. #136
    RamOfDenmark Guest

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I didn't say other coaches couldn't have handled it better; I said I don't think another coach could have overcame this amount of adversity. Those are two different things, IMO.
    Depends on what you mean by "overcome". Could we have won the division and gone to the playoffs? Probably not, I think we were too battered for that. But I believe we could have won a lot more games, we could have fought a lot harder and we could have lost a lot less decisively. You know, all those things a coach is supposed to influence.

    Our point differential for the season this year is -175 points good for WORST in the league. Yes it is actually worse than the freaking Miami Dolphins (-170). We didn't just lose, we got completely and totally humiliated - all year long. We didn't lose as many games as we did because of a few unlucky breaks that could have gone the other way, we were consistently the worst team in the league in terms of points.

    You can't tell me we shouldn't be able to score more points (and have less scored against us, relatively) than the Dolphins, the Raiders, the Whiners, the Falcons, the Jets and so on. These teams all have considerably less talent than us, even when you factor in all the injuries. I don't believe I'm delusional and think too highly of our talent I just think we should have been able to do significantly better than worst in the league.

    I don't think that is too much to ask for out of a coach.


  2. #137
    Dominating D Guest

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "overcome". Could we have won the division and gone to the playoffs? Probably not, I think we were too battered for that. But I believe we could have won a lot more games, we could have fought a lot harder and we could have lost a lot less decisively. You know, all those things a coach is supposed to influence.

    Our point differential for the season this year is -175 points good for WORST in the league. Yes it is actually worse than the freaking Miami Dolphins (-170). We didn't just lose, we got completely and totally humiliated - all year long.
    Wow, I knew it was bad I did not know it was that bad. If Lineham stays we will need a miracle.

    He's never beaten a team with a winning record. 0-4 against the Seahawks. Lineham must have some pictures of the FO doing some funky stuff.

    Maybe Lineham will surprise us and buckle up with the pressure and bring back Ram tough football? If nor we can say goodbye or adios to Lineham in 2008.

    Go Rams
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-07-2008 at 12:17 PM.

  3. #138
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,947
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Our point differential for the season this year is -175 points good for WORST in the league. Yes it is actually worse than the freaking Miami Dolphins (-170). We didn't just lose, we got completely and totally humiliated - all year long. We didn't lose as many games as we did because of a few unlucky breaks that could have gone the other way, we were consistently the worst team in the league in terms of points.
    The whiners, Chiefs, Bills and Falcons were actually worse than the Rams in terms of points.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Wow, I knew it was bad I did not know it was that bad. If Lineham stays we will need a miracle.
    I guess the same can be said for Haslett. He had a part in that point differential with his defense ranking next to dead last at 31st out of 32 teams in points allowed.

    There is plenty of blame to go around for what happened in 2007.

  4. #139
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,806
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "overcome". Could we have won the division and gone to the playoffs? Probably not, I think we were too battered for that.
    Yet that seems to be the implication when people bring up this year's Redskins team or this year's Jaguars team as teams with comparable injury situations. Except the situations really are not comparable. Read how Pro Football Weekly describes our injury situation in a recent write-up:

    Granted, the Ramsí well-documented injury problems in 2007 have become a rather tired excuse for what turned out to be a miserable season ó especially if you listen to the numerous Rams fans who continue to be up in arms over the teamís unpopular decision to retain head coach Scott Linehan. But the fact remains that, from the beginning of the season, when star OLT Orlando Pace went down for the count in Week One, right up to the very end, when top draft pick Adam Carriker suffered a torn labrum muscle in his shoulder in Week 17, there wasnít a team in the league more adversely affected by injuries than the Rams.
    Do I think we could have won more games than three? Yes, I do. Primarily because we were competitive and even leading in some games (Carolina, San Fran part 1, Seattle part 2). But I think if you go back and look at these games, you'll see some pretty critical player execution errors - Jackson's two fumbles against Carolina, Holt and Hall's fumbles against San Fran, Frerotte missing open receivers and fumbling the snap against Seattle. Was the coaching perfect? I'm sure it wasn't, but these were critical errors that kept this team from scoring more points and sustaining leads. You can't just lay the lack of wins on the doorstep of the coach.

    As for scoring more points, I'll just reiterate what Marc Bulger said in a recent interview - everything starts up front with the offensive line. And ours was pathetic because we were rotating so many players in and out due to injury and had absolutely no consistency. You're going to find it hard to score points when your quarterback is sacked 48 times and your line can't get a consistent push in the running game. It doesn't matter how much talent you have at the skill positions if you're starting the league's unwanted across your offensive line - you're simply not going to do well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  5. #140
    bigredman Guest

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    I nearly choked on my nachoes when I heard the announcers on fox during the Bucs/Giants game say that Martz will be interviewing not only for the vacant whiner offensive coordinator job, but for the Rams as well.

  6. #141
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,947
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I nearly choked on my nachoes when I heard the announcers on fox during the Bucs/Giants game say that Martz will be interviewing not only for the vacant whiner offensive coordinator job, but for the Rams as well.
    Not sure about the wisdom of the guys at Fox Randy. From what I've heard, the whiners have already passed on Martz and there is zero chance Shawgmunt will talk to him.

  7. #142
    PHAT-MONEY Guest

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    yes.. bring martz back!!

  8. #143
    RamOfDenmark Guest

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The whiners, Chiefs, Bills and Falcons were actually worse than the Rams in terms of points.
    Not according to the official NFL stats here. We are dead last.

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I guess the same can be said for Haslett. He had a part in that point differential with his defense ranking next to dead last at 31st out of 32 teams in points allowed.

    There is plenty of blame to go around for what happened in 2007.
    Agreed.

  9. #144
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,947
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Not according to the official NFL stats here. We are dead last.
    You're right. Misunderstanding on my part as I thought you were refering to points scored when you said "we were consistently the worst team in the league in terms of points."

  10. #145
    RamOfDenmark Guest

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yet that seems to be the implication when people bring up this year's Redskins team or this year's Jaguars team as teams with comparable injury situations. Except the situations really are not comparable.
    That's why you could look at the point differential also. By that measure we are the worst team in the league. That's what I mean when I say we haven't played anywhere near our potential injuries or no injuries - we don't have the worst roster in the entire league. We just haven't played as well as we should and ultimately that falls back on the coach, Linehan did not use what he had well enough. We were in trouble with the injuries alone, but Linehan didn't improve that situation with his decisions he made it worse. And that's why we need a new coach

  11. #146
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,947
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    From what I've heard, the whiners have already passed on Martz
    Oops! Upon further review, it looks like the whiners ARE still interested in Martz.

  12. #147
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,806
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    That's what I mean when I say we haven't played anywhere near our potential injuries or no injuries - we don't have the worst roster in the entire league.
    Injuries may mean we have one of the worst O-lines in the entire league, though, simply because of who we're forced to play.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    We just haven't played as well as we should and ultimately that falls back on the coach
    How much of it falls on the players for not playing as well as they should, in your opinion? I mentioned three games I thought we could have one, all of which had specific critical moments of poor execution.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  13. #148
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    I couldn't see this Front Office giving Martz an interview and if Martz took it and didn't punch out Zyggy and Shaw I would lose all respect for MM.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. -01-06-2008, 10:41 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
  2. Jim Thomas Live: 12/11/07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
  3. Postgame With Gordo: November 25
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
  4. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
  5. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-30-2007, 07:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •