View Poll Results: FIRE LINEHAN NOW!

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree.

    83 78.30%
  • I disagree.

    23 21.70%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 148
  1. #31
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,273
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I obviously don't need to reiterate my position on this matter but I will anyway.

    As long as you continue calling for his head, I will continue to support being fair to him, until such time when it's no longer warranted. We have not reached that point yet.

    Voted 'disagree', somewhat partial to the above quote.


  2. #32
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,988
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Originally Posted by Rambos
    Brian Billick
    Cam Cameron
    John Fox
    Chow Norm
    Green Dennis
    Steve Mariucci
    Mike Shanahan

    Funny. That list is a knee slapper. Hilarious.
    I like Fox thatsit, who else, maybe that is the point.

  3. #33
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,409
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I like Fox thatsit, who else, maybe that is the point.
    John Fox the guy who won two home games this year, hey that's only one more than Linehan.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -12-23-2007 at 03:47 AM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  4. #34
    RedArcher7's Avatar
    RedArcher7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    So, if we wait until next year, our wide recievers have lost yet another step, we have no protection and no record worth speaking of. Everyone that supports him now will say he should be fired. It doesn't do us any good to wait. We're gonna be worse off next year. Linehans waste of first day picks will catch up real soon.

  5. #35
    Tony Soprano's Avatar
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I like Fox thatsit
    John Fox is being Retained and so is Scott Linehan.

  6. #36
    rampower's Avatar
    rampower is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    cumbria, UK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    in fairness keep him.

    in reality ditch him.

    he has lost the players, of that we now have very very strong proof with tory's outburst.

    gotta go
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

  7. #37
    Ntchwaidumela's Avatar
    Ntchwaidumela is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    I don't buy the 'give him another season' hand wringing that goes on regarding this subject. All in the name of being rightfully fair..

    I don't see many games as I live outside the US. But I listen to commentators from various networks, and write up's from various weekly's. (Sorry but it's all I can get).

    A lot of our best players are another year older, and as already mentioned another step slower. Jackson is in a very powerful position as a player at the end of this season, and he has already expressed his discontent at a lot that goes on. And now we have Holt too. For Linehan to suggest it was 'heat of the battle' stuff is laughable.

    Why? The battle was WELL over 2 quarters ago... This was no battle, this was a very public execution of discontent. And by a player not at ALL known for that type of behavior.

    I have played the game. (NFLE trials in 2002) A team generally knows that when you are injury plagued, you make the best of a bad deal with no fall out over poor performance. Guys now that nobdy is to blame if you are putting out your 3/4th team due to injuries and are getting nailed on the field by superior teams with starters.

    What they 'ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT TOLERATE' Is a lack of effort when players/coach's fail to hurt the oppostition team and take advantage of a positive situation during a game. Yes I understand your 4th string receiver will not get open or catch the tough balls that your starter would, or your 6th choice OL block as many DL as your starter would.

    But Tory Holt had an axe to grind about something (We can only speculate at this stage about what was said) I would hazard a guess that having only had 3 catches all game he may have seen something Linehan was refusing to acknowledge. I don't know..

    But Tory Holt probably never spoke to Mike Martz like that.

    I live in fear that I will waste another year of build up, excitement, preperation, anticipation, scheduling scrutiny, money, late nights in watching an offensively 'ageing' and poorly coached team.

    We live in an era now where people want results a lot quicker than they did. And that goes for all walks of life. 'The fast food era'

    Everyone want's everything by yesterday and football is no exception. The days of building franchises via loosing seasons are at an end. There is enough power and money in this sport to get results. Combined with good decision making and a bit of cash here and there teams can really go places I would imagine. NFL owners and front offices are loaded with cash. But in our case they are not loaded with effective decision making skills as I can see it. Red tape and 'very' personal opinion I'm sure play a large part in this buissiness though.

    In closing we have had plenty of opportunities to win games through effective playcalling, and looking to your team leaders with proven track records at doing what they do best. (And that's not little 1 & 2 out routes, or repetative sweeps behind a frankly pouros OL) You can wave the 'injury flag' all you like. This team has had the chances to use Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, Steven Jackson, Randy Mcmichael to score a lot more points than it has.

    And I think it has failed to do so because of the playcalling and decision making of a head coach who has now lost his team because of it.

    All is fair in 'love and war' as they say. But this is neither....This is football.
    And these are my 'The St Louis Rams' and I hate what I see when I peer above the rims of my rose tinted spectacles..

    Linehan out.....

    (Just my two pence as a former player..)

    Merry Christmas...:r
    Last edited by Ntchwaidumela; -12-23-2007 at 01:29 PM.

  8. #38
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,290
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    What is the basis of everyone's statement that Linehan has "lost the team?"

    ...because Torry yelled at him on the sideline after an interception was thrown?

    ...because Marc rolled his eyes?

    He told Marc to throw the damn ball out of bounds instead of taking a stupid sack. And he was totally right in saying so. Marc, throw the damn ball away and stop taking stupid sacks!

    ...and does anyone know for sure, what Holt was screaming about? No? Hmmmmm. Perhaps he was pissed because he didn't get the ball? Unless you were there, how can you say he's lost the team because of that? No player has ever yelled at Parcells? No player has ever yelled at Cowher? No player has ever yelled at Marty? No player ever yelled at Martz?

    Maybe he was taking a page out of the Mike Martz/Kyle Turley book and it was a death threat...

    Seriously, what you see on the sidelines is nothing much different then what you see in here. It's frustrating to lose, and when it gets as bad as it has, people react. When things are going well, we're just one, big, happy family. When we suck, the discontent and bickering begins. We argue about the coach, we start SLOP, we debate about the same thing over and over again, and I'm willing to bet that if we were all in a room, some yelling would probably occur. The guys on the sidelines are no different. They're frustrated and angry, and they vent. I don't blame them, but I'm not ready to say that the HC has lost the team because Torry is pissed about "something". Linehan's the leader, and he's going to be the target of their frustrations.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  9. #39
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,291
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    What is the basis of everyone's statement that Linehan has "lost the team?"

    ...because Torry yelled at him on the sideline after an interception was thrown?

    ...because Marc rolled his eyes?

    He told Marc to throw the damn ball out of bounds instead of taking a stupid sack. And he was totally right in saying so. Marc, throw the damn ball away and stop taking stupid sacks!

    ...and does anyone know for sure, what Holt was screaming about? No? Hmmmmm. Perhaps he was pissed because he didn't get the ball? Unless you were there, how can you say he's lost the team because of that? No player has ever yelled at Parcells? No player has ever yelled at Cowher? No player has ever yelled at Marty? No player ever yelled at Martz?

    Maybe he was taking a page out of the Mike Martz/Kyle Turley book and it was a death threat...

    Seriously, what you see on the sidelines is nothing much different then what you see in here. It's frustrating to lose, and when it gets as bad as it has, people react. When things are going well, we're just one, big, happy family. When we suck, the discontent and bickering begins. We argue about the coach, we start SLOP, we debate about the same thing over and over again, and I'm willing to bet that if we were all in a room, some yelling would probably occur. The guys on the sidelines are no different. They're frustrated and angry, and they vent. I don't blame them, but I'm not ready to say that the HC has lost the team because Torry is pissed about "something". Linehan's the leader, and he's going to be the target of their frustrations.
    Good points RFRH. The knee-jerk reactions to the sideline incident are way too premature, as they were with the eye roll incident, which turned out to be nothing. Maybe the players are fed up with Linehan, maybe not, we'll just have to wait and see what shakes out.

  10. #40
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,516
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Good points RFRH. The knee-jerk reactions to the sideline incident are way too premature, as they were with the eye roll incident, which turned out to be nothing. Maybe the players are fed up with Linehan, maybe not, we'll just have to wait and see what shakes out.
    Those are not good points at all, because they ignore two very important factors:

    1. It was Torry Holt, who has not openly complained about anything in 9 years; and

    2. Holt has yet to publicly apologize (which is exactly what he would have done had it been a mere "heat of the moment" incident).

  11. #41
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,291
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Those are not good points at all, because they ignore two very important factors:

    1. It was Torry Holt, who has not openly complained about anything in 9 years; and

    2. Holt has yet to publicly apologize (which is exactly what he would have done had it been a mere "heat of the moment" incident).
    Let's just wait and see, shall we??

  12. #42
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Let's just wait and see, shall we??

    You also seem to forget about Steven Jackson blowing up at Linehan on the sidelines in the first 49er game.

  13. #43
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,291
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    You also seem to forget about Steven Jackson blowing up at Linehan on the sidelines in the first 49er game.
    Please refer to my previous post........

  14. #44
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Those are not good points at all, because they ignore two very important factors:

    1. It was Torry Holt, who has not openly complained about anything in 9 years; and

    2. Holt has yet to publicly apologize (which is exactly what he would have done had it been a mere "heat of the moment" incident).

    They were good points whether you agree with them or not.

    Secondly, how do you know exactly what Torry Holt has done in 9 years?

    Thirdly, who says he has to apologize in public or even at all? It could be that there's nothing to apologize for.

    Fourthly, if he doesn't apologize does that mean he wants the coach gone? Maybe, or maybe not, but it would be irresponsible of a person in your position (attorney at law) to assume anything wouldn't it? It would be commonly refered to as, a rush to judgement, would it not?

  15. #45
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,516
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Fire Linehan Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    They were good points whether you agree with them or not.

    Secondly, how do you know exactly what Torry Holt has done in 9 years?

    Thirdly, who says he has to apologize in public or even at all? It could be that there's nothing to apologize for.

    Fourthly, if he doesn't apologize does that mean he wants the coach gone? Maybe, or maybe not, but it would be irresponsible of a person in your position (attorney at law) to assume anything wouldn't it? It would be commonly refered to as, a rush to judgement, would it not?
    Rush to judgment? Hardly.

    Its been two years and Linehan has failed to show that he has any plan for this team. He goes from calling the plays, to giving up the duty, to taking it back. He drafts and signs no fewer than five TEs, but fails to feature them in the offense. He drafts a HB/FB tweener in the second round and barely uses him after the first few weeks. He lets a speed receiver go in FA, signs a big, slow, WR, and... well... how has that worked out? He fails to adjust in the second half. He has yet to beat a team with a winning record.

    Torry's outburst was, if anything, the straw that broke the camel's back.

    Not even remotely a rush to judgment.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. -01-06-2008, 10:41 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
  2. Jim Thomas Live: 12/11/07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
  3. Postgame With Gordo: November 25
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
  4. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
  5. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-30-2007, 07:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •