83 78.30%
  • I disagree.

23 21.70%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Fire Linehan Now?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Rush to judgment? Hardly.

Its been two years and Linehan has failed to show that he has any plan for this team. He goes from calling the plays, to giving up the duty, to taking it back. He drafts and signs no fewer than five TEs, but fails to feature them in the offense. He drafts a HB/FB tweener in the second round and barely uses him after the first few weeks. He lets a speed receiver go in FA, signs a big, slow, WR, and... well... how has that worked out? He fails to adjust in the second half. He has yet to beat a team with a winning record.

Torry's outburst was, if anything, the straw that broke the camel's back.

Not even remotely a rush to judgment.
    "The straw that broke the camels back?" ..now that's precious. Since when did Torry Freakin' Holt become the spokesperson for the Rams? Suddenly, Torry's a saint of some kind that wouldn't dare say anything unless it was soooooooooo terrible that he just had to speak out?

Av, you crack me up.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -12-24-2007 at 03:09 AM.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry. Apparently, I merely imagined that Torry Holt spent the last 9 years playing at a Hall of Fame level while demonstrating the work-ethic, loyalty and professional demeanor to which all Rams players should aspire. Excuse me for (along with countless other Rams fans) concluding that his outburst was significant.

Clearly, I can't argue with someone who so effectively uses the "nuh-uh" technique to make his point.

I can only imagine how effective your arguments would be if you ever actually made a specific point regarding Linehan's merits, rather than merely scoffing at anyone who dares suggest that there is a problem.

Can you ever forgive me?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Well, because he got angry, swore and totally lost his composure,Torry must be right then............:\

Whereas, Chris Draft, Isaac Bruce, Marc Bulger and others are obviously wrong, or at least not as courageous as Torry.

He let himself down badly. Its not leadership to do what he did, it smacks of a certain TOishness which I never believed him capable of. Because he hasn't done it for 9 years doesn't make it any more right than if he did it every week.

Can't pick and choose players actions to suit your argument, especially not those uttered when losing a game.

Ntchwaidumela Guest

Rush to judgment? Hardly.

Its been two years and Linehan has failed to show that he has any plan for this team. He goes from calling the plays, to giving up the duty, to taking it back. He drafts and signs no fewer than five TEs, but fails to feature them in the offense. He drafts a HB/FB tweener in the second round and barely uses him after the first few weeks. He lets a speed receiver go in FA, signs a big, slow, WR, and... well... how has that worked out? He fails to adjust in the second half. He has yet to beat a team with a winning record.

Torry's outburst was, if anything, the straw that broke the camel's back.

Not even remotely a rush to judgment.

I thoroughly agree..... Drew Bennett or Kevin Curtis? I know who I would rather have had. Bennett is a 'very poor' mans Ed Mcaffrey. And Curtis should NEVER have gone. (Was the fsatest thing we have had since Alexander Wright)

Our second half offensive record speaks volumes re. the adjustments also.
    He doesn't have great sideline presence or enough spark/fire for my liking either. (cosmetic I know, but it helps)

Our offensive strategy considering who we have is awful. I hate dink, dunk, mini in, mini out. To me it's equivelent to owning an Aston Martin and using it to drive the kids to school or go grocery shopping in.

Sorry Mr Linehan, it's nothing personal. I just think you should go.

:r

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    I thoroughly agree..... Drew Bennett or Kevin Curtis? I know who I would rather have had. Bennett is a 'very poor' mans Ed Mcaffrey. And Curtis should NEVER have gone. (Was the fsatest thing we have had since Alexander Wright)

Our second half offensive record speaks volumes re. the adjustments also.
    He doesn't have great sideline presence or enough spark/fire for my liking either. (cosmetic I know, but it helps)

Our offensive strategy considering who we have is awful. I hate dink, dunk, mini in, mini out. To me it's equivelent to owning an Aston Martin and using it to drive the kids to school or go grocery shopping in.

Sorry Mr Linehan, it's nothing personal. I just think you should go.

:r
    Actually my friend, your entire post is personal. But he's not going anywhere just yet, so after you drop the kids off at shcool, could you stop by Ralphs and pick me up some dink and dunkin donuts? Thanks in advance.

Ntchwaidumela Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Actually my friend, your entire post is personal. But he's not going anywhere just yet, so after you drop the kids off at shcool, could you stop by Ralphs and pick me up some dink and dunkin donuts? Thanks in advance.

LoL!!

Nah, Personal would be..;

"He looks like a freakin turtle and has the personailty of a stubborn fool in denial of his short comings as a decision maker and head coach. The guy is obviously a jerk and I don't like him or the way he looks. He blatantly 'putts from the rough' on Fridays. God I hate the guy" (example)

I have nothing against him persoanlly at all, the guy has a young family and at the end of the day is only trying to do his job as best as he see's it. He's just in the minority with his view on how to do things. Besides, this organisation doesn't help itself by making a rod for it's own back by sacking Rich Brooks after just two years, fans can just latch on to that, and see it as a case of 'what's good for the goose is surely good for the gander'

I can just see Linehan using the same ineffective offensive schemes when he has his starters. The only thing that may change, is that Bulger could have about 2.3 seconds longer than he has had this year to get rid of the ball. He still won't throw further than 30yds down field though.

But then come to think of it...we haven't got anyone fast enough to get down there to catch it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    LoL!!

Nah, Personal would be..;

"He looks like a freakin turtle and has the personailty of a stubborn fool in denial of his short comings as a decision maker and head coach. The guy is obviously a jerk and I don't like him or the way he looks. He blatantly 'putts from the rough' on Fridays. God I hate the guy" (example)

I have nothing against him persoanlly at all, the guy has a young family and at the end of the day is only trying to do his job as best as he see's it. He's just in the minority with his view on how to do things. Besides, this organisation doesn't help itself by making a rod for it's own back by sacking Rich Brooks after just two years, fans can just latch on to that, and see it as a case of 'what's good for the goose is surely good for the gander'

I can just see Linehan using the same ineffective offensive schemes when he has his starters. The only thing that may change, is that Bulger could have about 2.3 seconds longer than he has had this year to get rid of the ball. He still won't throw further than 30yds down field though.

But then come to think of it...we haven't got anyone fast enough to get down there to catch it anyway!

Well I proposed trading Torry Holt last off-season to Detroit for their second pick which was Calvin Johnson, and most posters accused me of blasphemy. I wonder would they make the trade a year later (now) when there's no chance in hell Detroit would.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

That's a silly trade proposal. Detroit would not have made that trade because of Torry's age.

As for whether I would trade Holt for Johnson? Probably not. Holt is clearly the better player right now (look at their stats). While Johnson may develop into a great player, there are no guarantees.

That's a silly trade proposal. Detroit would not have made that trade because of Torry's age.

As for whether I would trade Holt for Johnson? Probably not. Holt is clearly the better player right now (look at their stats). While Johnson may develop into a great player, there are no guarantees.

As there were no guarantees when Holt came into the league. The difference is, Johnson is regarded by far the superior athelete coming out of college. So the way I see it, if you took a chance on Holt, you be a fool not to take that chance on Johnson.

Having said that, if you were our GM, and Detroit called offering us Johnson for Holt and you didn't take it, I'd be calling for your head on a silver platter even after the dust is settled on your life.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Two days ago I voted for Linehan to be gone. In normal circumstances I would still feel that way but I have just read a good article by Bernie on STLtoday. Sorry, I don't know how to cut and paste it here - I'm sure Ramwraith will do the business soon.
    Anyway in short, the article he explains how if the ownership/ front office changes in the new year, as it may, they would want to bring in their own people and not be stuck with other peoples choices.

Must go now, Santa's got his business to do.

Merry Christmas to all

RamsFan16 Guest

I agree.

Its sad that in your second season, that after the first five games you don't start making second half adjustments and changing it up, were in Week 17, and all season its been the same.

And were regressing, its absolutely terrible.

PossumBoy9 Guest

Unhappy You can't be serious

Case in point, we have NEVER had injuries like this before, in fact in the history of the game, I don't know if this has ever happened to a team.
    Give me a break.

Man, that's just pathetic if you believe that.

Re: You can't be serious

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    Give me a break.

Man, that's just pathetic if you believe that.

And if you don't believe it, you are hereby challenged to come up with the information to dispute it. Otherwise..........

txramsfan is offline Registered User

When Torry Holt makes a public display of a situation, after all he has went through with this organization the last three years, that says something.

It's Torry "Freakin" Holt. One of the main faces of the franchise. If that statement says nothing then I don't know what does.

My main problem with Linehan hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread I don't think (however, I did turn 44 yesterday so the brain cells aren't as fresh as they used to be). Linehan has consistently coached the Rams NOT to lose instead of to win. Even when the Rams got back some of the talent on the O line, he has maintained his vanilla status. For those of you who enjoy vanilla, have at it. For me, I like the cosmopolitan brand myself.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -12-26-2007 at 11:54 AM.

PossumBoy9 Guest

Re: You can't be serious

And if you don't believe it, you are hereby challenged to come up with the information to dispute it. Otherwise..........
    Otherwise what? You're going to go on believing that sad sack bullsh*t?

I mean seriously.....did you read what you wrote?

I knew the apologists were going to become overdramatic with the injuries.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-06-2008, 10:41 PM