• I agree.

83 78.30%
  • I disagree.

23 21.70%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Fire Linehan Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Actually I'm not sure what your point was.
    Which goes without saying. Very well then, carry on.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Yes, as a matter of fact, I would like some enlightenment please.

Research I did showed that Clinton Portis has played in every game this year. That same research showed that Jason Cambell has played in 13 of 15.

Steven Jackson has played in 10 and a half. Bulger 10 and a couple of plays before going out with a concussion. That is a six 6 and a half game advantage for Washington by my calculations.

As for Taylor's untimely death, a team could actually use that as a rallying cry, which is what Washington appears to be doing. So aside from the obvious loss of Taylor, the team has actually prospered in his absence. Challenging...yes. But also motivation that would not otherwise be there.

Bottom line is, I still believe that when it comes to impact injuries, the Rams have suffered above and beyond every team in the league.
    Can you measure the injury impact? No, however you can form an opinion like you have. I agree the Rams have battle injuries all year long. THis is the NFL and alot of teams have to adjust to injuries. I remember a time I was very upset because the RAMS lost Green for the year. I was ready to thrown in the towel before the season started. I'm just glad that Dick Vermeil was our leader.

Sure you could use Taylor death as motivation that will work well for a couple of games. To make this easy the Redskins have started 16 different players since opening day due to injuries. Even with all these injuries they're still playing on sunday for a playoff spot...

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    What is there to sell? In this scenario, Haslett is a short term fix while the ownership and the FO gets a face lift. If Haslett does a good job, keep him around. If not, send him on down the road with the rest of the organization.
    Exactly right.

Fargo Ram Fan is online now Registered User

Case in point, we have NEVER had injuries like this before, in fact in the history of the game, I don't know if this has ever happened to a team. If you can name one please feel free to enlighten us all.
    Short term memory issues or perhaps just not much of a grasp on the actual "history of the game"? Just LAST YEAR Jacksonville had 12 men (same as the RAMS) on IR as of mid November. I cant recall if they had anymore season ending injuries after that.
    Last edited by Fargo Ram Fan; -12-29-2007 at 04:30 PM.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Fargo Ram Fan is online now Registered User

Amazingly, a quick check of THIS YEARS J'ville roster shows they have TWELVE MEN on IR... AGAIN! Same as the Rams...yet they are a PLAYOFF bound team!!
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Associated Press

BALTIMORE -- The Ravens placed Todd Heap on injured reserve on Saturday, ending a frustrating season for the two-time Pro Bowl tight end.
    Week 17:
    Injury report

Plagued by a nagging hamstring injury for much of 2007, Heap played in just six games, recording 23 catches for 239 yards and one touchdown.

Heap led Baltimore in receptions in 2002, 2003 and 2006, and his injury was a major blow to a sputtering offense that ranks 23rd in the NFL.

The Ravens, losers of nine straight, have endured injuries to several key players, including Steve McNair, Jonathan Ogden, Trevor Pryce, Chris McAlister, Samari Rolle, Kyle Boller, Ray Lewis and Willis McGahee.

The Ravens also placed safety Gerome Sapp on injured reserve with a thigh injury on Saturday. Two players were activated from the practice squad: tackle J'Vonne Parker and tight end Jake Nordin.

Baltimore has just two healthy tight ends for Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, both undrafted rookies: Nordin and Lee Vickers.

---------->
    Also the Ravens have had more than their share of injuries this year. Ok, they've only won 4 games which isn't a lot more than us. But the point here is that our injuries are unusual yes, but not without precedent. So let's not throw around terms like "NEVER before in the history of the game" without thinking about what that means. We're not calling Linehan "the worst coach EVER in the history of the game", so let's keep it realistic here alright? We've been injured, but not unlike a lot of other teams in a lot of other seasons, some of whom were succesful and some who were not.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Shaw and Zygmunt are not football people. In the world of the NFL they are idiots.

Anyways, I agree.

Time to clean house from the top on down. Well overdue since 1980.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Short term memory issues or perhaps just not much of a grasp on the actual "history of the game"? Just LAST YEAR Jacksonville had 12 men (same as the RAMS) on IR as of mid November. I cant recall if they had anymore season ending injuries after that.

I don't follow Jacksonville anywhere near close enough to know how many players they had on IR last year. Hell, I'd lost count of how many we have this year, but thanks for turning the light on for me.

Now... like I said in a previous post, it's not necessarily the number of guys injured, but rather the impact they have on their teams.

I don't know about the next man, but if someone told me that during the season, Marc Bulger, Orlando Pace, Steven Jackson, Leonard Little, Pisa Tinoisomoa, Ritchie Incognito, Mark Setterstrom, Brett Romberg, Fakir Brown (suspension), Tye Hill, Todd Steussie, Dante Hall, and Drew Bennett, all would miss significant time (at least a quarter of the season), not to mention all the other nick nacks that's ravished this roster, I would've said, where's Vince Lombardy when you need him.

Seriously, what did you guys expect?
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -12-30-2007 at 12:03 AM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I expected a coach who would listen to his players, keep up morale, remain competitive throughout games by adjusting strategies and playcalling, show decisiveness in delegating roles to assistant coaches, and not have team leaders openly manifest their disdain.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I expected a coach who would listen to his players, keep up morale, remain competitive throughout games by adjusting strategies and playcalling, show decisiveness in delegating roles to assistant coaches, and not have team leaders openly manifest their disdain.

Well you obviously had unrealistic expectations.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    We've been injured, but not unlike a lot of other teams in a lot of other seasons, some of whom were succesful and some who were not.
    Which ones were successful with injury situations comparable to our's?

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Amazingly, a quick check of THIS YEARS J'ville roster shows they have TWELVE MEN on IR... AGAIN! Same as the Rams...yet they are a PLAYOFF bound team!!
    You're honestly suggesting that the people on Jacksonville's IR have the same amount of impact to their team as the people on our IR? Having an injury situation comparable to our's doesn't just mean having the same number of players on IR. It also means that those players have a similar impact to the ones we're missing, and it also means that they've struggled with other non-season ending injuries this season as we have constantly.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Well you obviously had unrealistic expectations.
    Mrs. Linehan?

I just love how apologists have no expectations.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Which ones were successful with injury situations comparable to our's?
    I was referring to the examples the previous posters cited (Redskins etc.).

The point of it all was that saying that we have been more injured than any other team "EVER in the history of the game" is ridiculous. Like I said I don't claim that Linehan is the worst coach "EVER in the history of the game" - don't use such phrases as that until it really is the case. I mean the words lose all meaning when they're thrown around like that, what are we going to say when it gets worse then, "EVER in the history of the game +1"?

Btw. out of curiosity what did you vote (if you did vote) you seemed on the fence earlier in the season but it seemed like maybe the Torry incident turned you to the dark side?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Show me a team that has gone two and three deep at every position on the OL and I'll show you a team with zero chance for success, but it may be hard to find more than one example.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Yes, as a matter of fact, I would like some enlightenment please.

Research I did showed that Clinton Portis has played in every game this year. That same research showed that Jason Cambell has played in 13 of 15.

Steven Jackson has played in 10 and a half. Bulger 10 and a couple of plays before going out with a concussion. That is a six 6 and a half game advantage for Washington by my calculations.

As for Taylor's untimely death, a team could actually use that as a rallying cry, which is what Washington appears to be doing. So aside from the obvious loss of Taylor, the team has actually prospered in his absence. Challenging...yes. But also motivation that would not otherwise be there.

Bottom line is, I still believe that when it comes to impact injuries, the Rams have suffered above and beyond every team in the league.
    You can spin it anyway you want. Sean Taylor talent can not be replaced.....

The Redskins have alot of talent on IR or in Sean Taylors case not listed at all

1st round draft picks on IR

Jason Campbell
    Carlos Rogers
    Rocky McIntosh
    and of course Sean Taylor......

Offensive Line on IR
    Jan Jansen
    Randy THomas
    Ross Tucker
    Mike Pucillo

This is not the entire list but a sample of the better talent.....

Portis, Cooley, Moss, and El have played hurt and missed some games due to nagging injuries. The Skins are starting a backup QB and an undrafted rookie at Tackle.

Maybe the impact has been more profound with the Rams but the Redskins have manage thier obstacles with much more success.....

That is how I feel you can evaluate a coach in this situation. Can we say without looking at the record that this team has responded to these obstacles well. Some teams look at injuries as an oppurtunity for another player to step up and others look at it as a negative impact. Which did the Rams do?????

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-06-2008, 10:41 PM