83 78.30%
  • I disagree.

23 21.70%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Fire Linehan Now?

:l

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Show me a team that has gone two and three deep at every position on the OL and I'll show you a team with zero chance for success, but it may be hard to find more than one example.
    And this is what puzzles me. If this Rams team is the leading example - then why?

The answers to the following questions elude me.

Why so many injuries?

If the current Rams squad is the unprecedented example, then it seems to me that there should be some type of underlying reason. I remember past seasons with lineman like Nutten, McCullum and Timmerman playing with and through nagging injuries. Are the current crop of Rams offensive lineman unable to play with pain? Do they lack the heart? Are they soft and injury prone? Is the coaching staff soft i.e. do they prepare these lineman physically or do they know how to physically prepare a professional offensive lineman for the rigors of the NFL? And what of Pace? He goes down with a non-contact injury. He simply extended his arms to block and comes up lame with a season ending shoulder injury? Was this something that had been nagging him from the past season? If so, why was it not taken care of long before the start of the season. Something stinks with Pace's injury and it has not set well with me since it occured. In fact something stinks with all these offensive line injuries. IMO and without any proof the odor seems to be coming from the coaching staff.

Why was no one able to fill in and step up along the OL?

Is it impossible or that difficult of a task for a professional coaching staff to teach lineman who have already been blocking along an offensive line throughout most of their playing days? Seemingly these are the survivors of all who play along the offensive line in the country at the college level. Why can they not be taught by a supposedly qualified professional coaching staff? I have a hard time believing that the likes of Jim Hanifan could not coach back-up offensive lineman to block within a scheme that fits their talents and or shortcomings.

Without a doubt the injuries have been devastating. Is it fair to linehan? Is it fair to the fans? Probably not. But since when has the NFL ever been about fairness? Like it or not the NFL is about winning. Always has been and most likely always will be.

I'm tired of the excuses. I'm tired of a once proud franchise being run into the ground by a star struck former vegas show girl and her inept FO. The examples are many - Namath, Jones, the Dickerson trade, the second coming of Knox.....etc, etc, etc.

Asside from finding some magic with Robinson and Dickerson and then Martz, Faulk, and Warner the last 27 years as a Rams fan has been mostly suffering. It is time to put an end to the drama and the excuses and get this franchise back to where it was before she took over.

He is not a great coach. Doubtful that he ever will be. And why waste any more time trying to find out? And please, don't anyone here give me the same example that the idiot shaw uses. Linehan was not and is not a proven winner in the NFL as a head coach like Dick Vermiel was. Vermiel deserved the 3rd year simply because he was a proven winner and the Rams had nothing to lose at that point based on their recent years of ineptitude. Linehan deserves NOTHING. As Jerry Glanville once said - the NFL stands for "Not For Long".

FIRE THIS CLOWN NOW!!!!

:l

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    Mrs. Linehan?

I just love how apologists have no expectations.

I'm still waiting on something relevant from you Possum-Boy. You can't play possum all your life, sooner or later you have to face the music or just....

Milan is offline Registered User

No. I want to see more without injuries.

Don't forget, he got the most out of Bulger and the most out of Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    You can spin it anyway you want. Sean Taylor talent can not be replaced.....

The Redskins have alot of talent on IR or in Sean Taylors case not listed at all

1st round draft picks on IR

Jason Campbell
    Carlos Rogers
    Rocky McIntosh
    and of course Sean Taylor......

Offensive Line on IR
    Jan Jansen
    Randy THomas
    Ross Tucker
    Mike Pucillo

This is not the entire list but a sample of the better talent.....

Portis, Cooley, Moss, and El have played hurt and missed some games due to nagging injuries. The Skins are starting a backup QB and an undrafted rookie at Tackle.

Maybe the impact has been more profound with the Rams but the Redskins have manage thier obstacles with much more success.....

That is how I feel you can evaluate a coach in this situation. Can we say without looking at the record that this team has responded to these obstacles well. Some teams look at injuries as an oppurtunity for another player to step up and others look at it as a negative impact. Which did the Rams do?????

I'm sorry sir, but you can remove Jason Campbell and Rocky McIntosh from that impressive list of talent because Campbell has played in 13 games, and McIntosh 14 which means they don't qualify for this arguement. That leaves just Carlos Rogers, and well...that's not going to hold water. No need to discuss Taylor any futher, I've given my opinion on his untimely death already.

So now where does that leave us? Oh yes... you were saying, something about the O-line on IR...Well I don't know when the Redskins players went on IR, but I can tell you that we've missed Pace, Setterstrom, Incognito, and Steussie, each for at least 10 games. Not to mention backups Adam Goldberg and Brett Romberg who've missed at least half the season as well.

Unless you can say that about the Skins, this debate has now reached it's conclusion.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-03-2008 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    I was referring to the examples the previous posters cited (Redskins etc.).

The point of it all was that saying that we have been more injured than any other team "EVER in the history of the game" is ridiculous. Like I said I don't claim that Linehan is the worst coach "EVER in the history of the game" - don't use such phrases as that until it really is the case. I mean the words lose all meaning when they're thrown around like that, what are we going to say when it gets worse then, "EVER in the history of the game +1"?

Btw. out of curiosity what did you vote (if you did vote) you seemed on the fence earlier in the season but it seemed like maybe the Torry incident turned you to the dark side?

Check yourself Denmark, what I said was...I don't know if this has happened to a team in the history of the game. And that you and any other is hereby challenged to come up with an example.

Don't get it twisted.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'm still waiting on something relevant from you Possum-Boy. You can't play possum all your life, sooner or later you have to face the music or just....
    Or what?

Perhaps I should make an ass of myself and start crying about "the worst injuries in the history of the game".

The-Giant-2 Guest

MartyBall Anybody??

blood85 is offline Registered User

Too many chokes (i.e. losing a to Pitt on Thursday, losing in the last seconds to the %$*!!, losing twice to the cards), to many meltdowns in the end. Fire him now.

blood85 is offline Registered User

How many more 'beatings" do we have to take before we fire him??

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    Or what?

Perhaps I should make an ass of myself and start crying about "the worst injuries in the history of the game".

Don't worry, the damage is already done.

This is the last time I will respond to your senseless posts. It's become clear that you have no arguement.

I've challenged you twice to back up your arguement with some substance, but you either refuse or are incapable of doing that. I'm sure now, it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    How many more 'beatings" do we have to take before we fire him??
    No more this year, that's for sure. In case you didn't know, John Shaw said a couple of weeks ago that Linehan will be back next year. Sorry, you had to watch these last few games thinking they meant something.

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I can't believe you are still arguing for Losehan. Are you related to him by any chance?
    I didn't like the rumors of him coming to STL, much less the idea of being fair to him after a 3-13 frigging season!!!!!!

Why not invite him over to your house to date your sister? He'd treat her the same way as he treated this team!!! She would need therapy & Prozsac!!

LendMeAHand is a failure. He must go! Put a woman Head Coach in there if we want to see a spectacle; maybe she can do better than this staff!!!!! This guy has turned The Greatest Show on Turf into a package of spaghetti in a bowl of cold water.

Why are Rams fans so meek and passive? What's with this 'turn the other cheek' crap and get stomped into the cellar another year? Two games behind the *!*)%@'s is UNSAT. There is no passion for having a winning team, a force in football to be proud of when the name is mentioned.

How sweet was it for Kurt Warner to kick the Rams' Ass all up and down the field until they were in the fetal position. Classic!!!

I'm OUT!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

I'm sorry sir, but you can remove Jason Campbell and Rocky McIntosh from that impressive list of talent because Campbell has played in 13 games, and McIntosh 14 which means they don't qualify for this arguement. That leaves just Carlos Rogers, and well...that's not going to hold water. No need to discuss Taylor any futher, I've given my opinion on his untimely death already.

So now where does that leave us? Oh yes... you were saying, something about the O-line on IR...Well I don't know when the Redskins players went on IR, but I can tell you that we've missed Pace, Setterstrom, Incognito, and Steussie, each for at least 12 games.

Unless you can say that about the Skins, this debate has now reached it's conclusion.
    I guess since your judge and jury and you and only you can decide on the talent we have and others have then we have reached a conclusion. But so I am on record I disagree with you 100%.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Don't worry, the damage is already done.

This is the last time I will respond to your senseless posts. It's become clear that you have no arguement.

I've challenged you twice to back up your arguement with some substance, but you either refuse or are incapable of doing that. I'm sure now, it's the latter.
    Oh, that's even more pathetic.

Do us Rams fans a favor, keep your crying and tall tales amongst Rams fans. It'd be embarrassing if you actually tried to sell that excuse to another team's fan.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I can't believe you are still arguing for Losehan. Are you related to him by any chance?
    Only a very small minority believe 100% in Linehan, but a lot of us don't want everything to put on his head because of his shortcomings.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-06-2008, 10:41 PM