• 6 Post By mde8352gorams
  • 1 Post By Dwight Frye
  • 1 Post By general counsel
  • 1 Post By TekeRam
  • 1 Post By Dwight Frye

Thread: Firing Pool

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Firing Pool

Let's start a pool to pick the day Spags gets let go. You know, like a baby pool but with a sad beginning. I'll take Jan 4th. The sooner we blow up the clubhouse the sooner we can start rebuilding.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Firing Pool

Jan 2nd aka black monday

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

January 1st right after being shutout again!!!!!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I thought the people on this site had more class. We're talking about human beings and their livelihoods. Sorry if I've offended anyone, but that is just my opinion.

Go Rams!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

but one could also make the case that if they had done their jobs, they wouldn't have this problem ... and I'm sure Steve's livelihood will be fine.

Not so sure about Mac's.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Jan 2 (at the latest). Spags has a year to go on his contract and will have absolutely zero problems getting a job as a defensive coordinator (i predict he winds up with the eagles). He will not face financial hardship as a result of his impending termination.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

BEER is offline Registered User

everyone. everyone has to go. I said it before, if the rams make now changes and want to lose, that mean they want to move the team. If they make Big changes that means they want to stay in St louis.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    but one could also make the case that if they had done their jobs, they wouldn't have this problem ... and I'm sure Steve's livelihood will be fine.

Not so sure about Mac's.
    Why does everyone think that we're talking about whether or not Spagnolo will be able to feed his family? Of course he will. No one has ever thought that he and his family would be living out of their (Probably very nice) car. The reason why we think that it's classless to be happy when (and in some cases, will "only be happy if") Spags loses his job is because it is so utterly wrong to derive joy from someone else losing their job.

It has nothing to do with his future employment nor with his ability to feed and clothe his family. It is oh so much more basic than that, and this thread just pushes it all down to a new low.
    mde8352gorams likes this.
    I believe!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

no, not deriving joy from another's misfortune, just sick of losing.
    It's not working .... hope you get the best job ever... just somewhere else
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Why does everyone think that we're talking about whether or not Spagnolo will be able to feed his family? Of course he will. No one has ever thought that he and his family would be living out of their (Probably very nice) car. The reason why we think that it's classless to be happy when (and in some cases, will "only be happy if") Spags loses his job is because it is so utterly wrong to derive joy from someone else losing their job. It has nothing to do with his future employment nor with his ability to feed and clothe his family. It is oh so much more basic than that, and this thread just pushes it all down to a new low.
    Thanks TekeRam. You absolutely get the thrust of my post. Spags and the others who are likely to be terminated will have more money than I'll ever see, so it's not about the money. It's about dignity and doing something in a way that doesn't trash another person.

I've been a Rams fan since 1967 the days of Roman Gabriel and Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen and I can truly say this is the worst level this team has reached since being a fan. They were always "in the mix" throughout the '70's and "80's and despite the few bad years in the '90's you always had a feeling they would rebound. They will now too, but to use Spags as the punching bag is wrong. I felt in 2009, probably like the rest of us on this site, when he was hired that we were on our way to redemption. Well for a lot of reasons that hasn't worked out as planned. But this guy has his players willing to play through a wall for him, which is not something that could be said for our last few coaches since Vermiel. That says a lot to me about the type of person he is and if he's fired I wish him well and I'm sure he'll land on his feet. I just had hoped for a different outcome like the rest of us.

Go Rams!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

January 13, 2013. This leadership group will keep Spags one more year...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I thought the people on this site had more class. We're talking about human beings and their livelihoods. Sorry if I've offended anyone, but that is just my opinion.

Go Rams!
    im not offended by this, i can see why you'd say that.

but are we supposed to praise him and not wish him gone so that he can keep a job? Spags will be the hottest DC on the market if/when he gets fired.

Spags is a great person and i wish him the best but IMO the sooner hes gone the sooner the rams can move on to there next future.

He has the worst record of any Rams HC ever. Now i understand about maybe not making this public, even though many of us are thinking about, but someone did, and i dont find fault in people who support the rams, buy there merchandise, go to games and get let down at every corner wishing to express when they want him to move on. that just my opinion. If that makes me classless, well then so be it, i rather be classless then support someone who failed at there job and needs to go. He will land on his feet just fine.

P.A.S.S.