Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    norcalramfan is offline Registered User

first game grade out

Qffense= d- defense= a+ special teams= B+ Game ball - jeff wilkins and matt turk!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: first game grade out

That's a little harsh, I give the O a C, we did get in position to score 18 points.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Offense - C+
    - You may think "They didn't score a TD, and Bulger looked rought!" But the offense moved the chains and ate up clock. And how about this ZERO turnovers for the Rams!

Defense A+
    - Pretty much self explanatory. The only weakness was the Run D but other than those few runs we were holding the line down on the Runs. Our Defensive line man handled Denvers offensive line all game it seemed.

Special Teams A+
    - Jeff "Money" Wilkins was money as usual. Scott Linehan was quoted as saying "Now I know why they call him money". I bet he likes having a kicker like that when our offense is still struggling. Wilkins missed one Field Goal but was money after that. Matt Turk was bombing punts and one took a great bounce for us, hit at about the two and ended up only about a yard in the endzone for the touchback. Shaun McDonald had a nice return that was pulled back and a holding penalty. JR Reed had a nice return, breaking a few tackles and getting to about the 32. Thats what I want to see.

Rams Overall A-
    RamsFan16

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I agree, D- is rather harsh. My grades...

OFFENSE: C
    -Pretty average, not great but not bad. Jackson ran hard and no turnovers. Didn't feel like we saw a lot of the playbook though, and Bulger looked shaky at times.

DEFENSE: A-
    -Turnovers galore, sacks as well. But we did allow some big runs and had five defensive penalties.

SPECIAL TEAMS: B+
    -Wilkins was good today but had one miss. Coverage teams looked improved.

Truth is offline Registered User

Defense- A

Offense- D

Although the offense moved the chains, they failed miserably in the red zone. They were inside the 20 at least twice with 1st downs and inside the 10 at least twice with 1st downs and failed to convert. Jackson ran pretty well and yet all the Rams did was throw inside the 10. Very bad showing. If not for the defense (who'd of thought we'd be saying that) we would have lost this game.

With all the weapons this offense has, we need to see some time in the end zone. So far this season (including preseason) the 1st team offense has not scored a touchdown.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Agree Nick!! I thought he looked like he was playing scared. Trying not to make any mistakes and unwilling to thread the needle. I hope Linehan hasn't put to big of bug in his head. The kid sometimes will have to do what he does best. Go down field, and take some risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    , and Bulger looked shaky at times..

Milan is offline Registered User

Offense - C
    Red Zone was awful, the rest was pretty good, Jackson was good, Bugler looked alright and Holt was just...well Holt.

Defense - A-

Self explanitory, 5 turnovers, but a few big runs.

Special Teams - B+ Great job by Wilkins, amazing punting, We did pretty good at shutting them down on kick returns, McDonald got a great run but it was called back cause of a holding penalty nowhere near the play. Reed looked alright, he shoulda protected the ball more.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Offense - C They moved up and down the field pretty well, but couldn't punch it in the endzone. Pass protection was iffy and the run game was inconsistent in the second half.

Defense - A They mostly did a good job stopping the run and spent quite a bit of time in Plummer's face and forced him to make mistakes. I thought they looked impressive.

STs - A They put up all your points. I think Wilkins should be your game MVP.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

It's ok for the 'A's 'B's 'C's etc etc for the team, What grade shall we give to Haslett?

KCMasterpiece is offline Registered User

Offense -- C+ -- Not great, but we got down into scoring range. Also, we still did better than the Bucs and Pack.

Defense -- A -- Three sacks, five turnovers, ten points; it just doesn't get much better than that.

Special Teams -- B+ -- The main reason we got six field goals on seven attempts is because of the offense not doing anything in the red zone, but it did good none-the-less.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Agree Nick!! I thought he looked like he was playing scared. Trying not to make any mistakes and unwilling to thread the needle. I hope Linehan hasn't put to big of bug in his head. The kid sometimes will have to do what he does best. Go down field, and take some risks.
    I dunno, sounds like Linehan is having him not make as many high-risk throws, especially in the red zone. Can't say I disagree with that. Rather throw it away and take the field goal than throw into coverage and risk a turnover. Still, it didn't seem like we saw as much as the offense as we probably expected to see. Little action from the tight ends, a bit conservative, some miscommunications (I recall one b/t Bulger and Holt on their left sideline). Probably still a work in progress for this passing game as we get into the feel of it.

O = C, never had any turnovers
    D = A plus high motors and great turnovers
    ST = A plus Best Special Teams that the St Louis Ram Fans have seen

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: First game grades out

Rams O: C -. Obviously, the Rams brains MUST get it together

Rams D: A -. Great effort all game long, and that, produced far more than I expected in terms of turnovers.

When compared to the Rams D of 03-05, this game, hopefully, will have ignited a big morale booster for each of our players and be used as exemplary, a prototype for this year's goals and objectives ... PLUS an inmprovement in keeping a check on the running game; not necessarily "urgent" or critical, but something to work on).

And I think Coach Haslett will.

Rams ST: B +. Yes, Turk and Wilkins' long kicks made it difficult for opponents to yield as they did during the nightmares of the last few years. In addition, coverage players seem more aggressive and accurate to plug the return alleys. Also, perhaps Reed and McDonald could turn out to be our go-to runners!
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-10-2006 at 11:46 PM.

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Offense,= D Waaaaaaaaay toooooooooo much wasted field position. Should have blown the Broncos out. Controlled most of the game, yet could very easily have lost, had Matt Turk not been ruffed.

Defense,= A Superb defensive game, lead by Haslett. Only the rushing yards given up and a few penalties keep this from being an A+ effort.

Special Teams,= A The best special teams game I can remember since before Mike Martz took over as Head Coach. Cover teams were excellent, Turk and Wilkins were great.

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Offense,= D Waaaaaaaaay toooooooooo much wasted field position. Should have blown the Broncos out. Controlled most of the game, yet could very easily have lost, had Matt Turk not been ruffed.

Defense,= A Superb defensive game, lead by Haslett. Only the rushing yards given up and a few penalties keep this from being an A+ effort.

Special Teams,= A The best special teams game I can remember since before Mike Martz took over as Head Coach. Cover teams were excellent, Turk and Wilkins were great.
    That was my whole hearted contention with the way the offense operated. If they do not get that redzone production squared away we are looking at the 98 rams; great defense , sputtering offense. I hope i am wrong! GO RAMS!:r :\

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast